It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Natives need a holiday on the calendar for sure.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyoureyes2theworld
because white people killed the best group of people to ever live!!!! (native Americans)

While the indians are quite nice....they're still human. They have their kinks as well. Best group? Thats not the point of the thread. It has to do with the anti-euro bloodlines.

Do the indians think they're the best? Likely. Should they? Yes. I'm German blood. Do I think we're the best?

Yep. Should I? Yep.

Get the point?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
No worries, folks. Just wait. The world is fast becoming one culture.

The culture of consumerism. Something we can all be proud of together.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ironheadd

LOL leave her man alone. Just because he is a cop doesn't mean he is a good person, it just means he passed a physical evaluation a tenth grader could do. Oh he has a badge, big deal, that doesn't mean much to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
One thing I think most of us (Americans, at least) are forgetting, is that race relations between blacks and whites never really made big improvements until the 60's and 70's. I wasn't alive for the height of racial tension, but many/most people in this country were and it WASN'T that long ago. 40-50 years is a drop in the bucket. We're headed in the right direction for sure, but it will take a few more generations for it not to be such a touchy subject anymore. Give it time... it just happened yesterday for a lot of the older people among us...

Wanted to add: Race is still an issue for some younger people because their parents lived through that era, have developed their own opinions about a race one way or another, and that will rub off on their children.
edit on 5-12-2010 by imaginednation because: Added an extra thought

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I've been thinking about this alot lately. Why can every other culture celebrate their culture in the US. but if whites want to celebrate their culture or if they are proud of their heritage, they are automatically a racist?

I think every culture should be able to celebrate their heritage freely. Just wondering why whites are not allowed by the powers that be.

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

Why dont you just kill every single blackman in america, make a movie starring, Tom Hanks and call it the last panther.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

This post is in my defense. I do not thrive nor live to sew dischord amongst my brethren.

My eyes are brown because I reflect the natural order of things. Relate them to soil, from which everything comes from.

your race is responsible for the most violent crimes in America by percentage.

Have you ever made an attempt to figure out why?? Every single country that has oppressed people act out in violence. Open your eyes, go outside and see how it is IN THE REAL WORLD. Cause and Effect. It would be foolish not to ask or wonder why. My race(as you put it) is also responsible for a multitude of many other things but, no one ever cares to mention that. Many things which are purposely swept under the rug like the idea of council. I wonder could this country exist without that element??

I do not owe you or your race a damned thing, if it's so damned bad here move the hell back to where you were taken from. Whats that born here in America, and your American?

I have heard this plenty of times from insolent fools that have NO IDEA or clue what is going on-on planet earth and I find this highly offensive coming from an immigrant. You do not owe me anything but respect considering I descend from the autochonus people of this continent. I would love to move back to the real free America where you didn't need an amendment to speak free. But we still have 'visitors'. You are a US citizen, descendants of immigrants operating on a fraudulent pretense. Do not even fix your perverse tongue to tell me about anything American-anything. If you don't want to treat people with kindness, you can go back to where you exiled from. My people were always here, and will always be here.... The original American Republic(to which stands one nation under god) was modeled after the existing republics and confederations of Indigenous tribes, So i' m very proud to be an American. Arrogant U.S. citizens cannot tell the difference these days.

When the SHTF it's your kind that will be coming to my kind for help

Your kind??? Mankind right?? Your just a 'kind' of man, what help can you provide, you destroy everything you touch??? When SHTF it will be Humans that will save the day not a 'kind' nor a 'kind of' for that matter. and when it does I hope you see that its that 'kind' of mentality that caused S to HTF.

I practice a certain type of tribalectic teaching,so, with all respect from my being, I am going to address the other post under your name in a manner that is required of me, due to the given circumstances.

I have no desire to attack anyone, if you ask me we are all in this together. It is us as a whole who has a problem so I would go out on a limb to say that it is all of us as whole that can provide the solution. I honestly apologize for everything that has happen to you in your life. Bad is bad no matter what. But I have been facing situations like that since elementary school including blatant racism. and to be frank a home invasion twice within this month. So I completely understand the battle believe me. But no one is telling me sorry or is even sympathetic to my trials. No one apologized to me for the state making sure the funding did NOT get to schools in my town like it did some of the other people I know. Or for the dilapidated education system that didn't empower my peers by tell them things like " the first open heart surgeon was African-American" or the concept of Christ even the word is of African origin, so that some kind of self worth can be established. Hell I can't even get a sorry from the same exact systems that made my grandma and great-grandma work from sun up to soon down for free to build what we know today as thriving Million and Billion dollar industries (Tobacco, Sugar, Cotton). Those are instances of bad acts,and I am forced to carry them DAILY. Do I expect anyone to understand,No.
As for the N word I don't know how that would even apply considering I am of indigenous heritage..... Are you familiar with the runaway slave act, where FREE dark and medium brown skinned natives and americans were captured and forced into bondage off of hear say. I descend from those who suffered from those wrongful acts and have the last name and knowledge to prove it.
and the black on black crime, just think outside of the matrix. Where do these guns come from seeing black's had no part in the industry. Some of the guns that are confiscated are millitary/government weapons. Please connect the dots.
The only shame I have is in my fellow humans, no matter how I articulate, explain, describe or paint my story or my experiences no one has the components to relate. They just see me as your husband put it an angry black man, and black is the last thing that we would use to describe ourselves.
Hate has no place in educated man's heart or mind. Hate isn't even a concept that is native to my people, not even as an opposite to Love. You have Love and No-love. We received europeans with open arms and we still do to this day. That is a very fine definition of unconditional love for the human family.
I am grateful to receive your blessing and thankful that you would pray for me. I will do the same for everyone seeing that may be the only thing to save U.S.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I have lived in a Country where I was never allowed to be proud to be white. I was taught by liberals in the education system that I must feel bad for something white people did to black people hundreds years ago. My family didnt migrate to the USA until the turn of the 1900s and even then THey and I have been one of the poorest families in America. I am poor now and I don't know any other way. However I am now an adult and mad at myself for ever hating being white and mad at my COUNTRY for making me feel that way.. IM NOT PROUD TO BE AMERICAN. I AM PROUD to be WHITE though!!!!!! I will never teach my kids that black peoples problems where because of them!! IMHO The white people are cowards for teaching blame and NOT Equality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by freakgenius

I am not a "cop"...well not one that you would ever need to worry about running into anyway. We have a higher physical conditioning standard, at least at an 11th grade level, and there are no badges just patches.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Interfacer

The trouble is that so many people have been conditioned since birth to believe they are guilty by virtue of the colour of their skin that they just accept it - even questioning it within their own minds makes them feel guilty and racist. It is absolutely breathtaking to meet so many seemingly intelligent and perceptive people who do not pose questions about these beliefs and simply accept them as factual because they have been told to by authority over the years. But at least more and more White People are beginning to wake up and ask questions about these perceptions.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

your wife got on your name and then became very upset. i suggest locking her in the bathroom for six hours until she calms down. it works, trust me.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by freakgenius

Yeah I seen that, she was not just upset, she was p!55ed!!! With her it's best to just find somewhere else to be, and let her cool down. She shoots high and to the right, so I just tuck and roll to the left, worked so far.
I guess sometimes there is no getting through to some people, when it comes down to the brass tacks, between her and I we have helped persons from every culture of people there is. When somebody tries to make you feel ashamed of the color of your skin, to me that is racism,cut and dry. To take snippets of information and TRY to twist it to your benefit is well, lame stream media practices, and I think we all know where that leads. It was only the personal attacks she was upset with, to assume I was anything is prejudiced. I did not assume their child was on the corner slinging crack coc aine, if I had that would be racist, but who the hell knows the day is young, I have all day to be accused of being a genocidal gun toting maniac.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Hate has no place in educated man's heart or mind.
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

I refuse to 'name call or speak ill on my brethren, its not in my nature,

the million man march was for everyone idiot. Its amazing how many people thing they arent racist until they open that pie hole. A black man isnt running the country into the ground anymore than the 43 idiots who misrepresented the face of a people and the land. ...and I bet you voted for bush twice. SMH.

You have a westernized, compartmentalized mind. Which means to me, you will never see the ultimate, absolute-holistic reality. You can only see it "your" way, not "the" way.

I don't name call. A savage is ....well a savage.
Sounds like hate and prejudice to me...Just pointing out to you that you contradict yourself, I could go on, but I have to go to work, so I can help protect your rights, to spread misinformation and hateful lies. Talk to you in a few weeks.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Love of your race is NOT racism. Anyone that disagree's is a traitor to their own race.

Good prole. Destroy whatever culture / traditions you have left.

Marley said "Aint got no past, aint go no future". Much truth there.

Again...this is amazing how pridefully ignorant some folks are. It really does confuse me.

Race DOES NOT EQUAL Culture /Traditions.

Color DOES NOT EQUAL Heritage.

How is that impossible for some folks to grasp.

African Americans take appropriate pride in thier struggle to escape oppression in the United States of America....Do you think that pride extends to people of a similiar skin tone committing genocide in Rwanda?

Taking pride in being "white" is like taking pride in having acne...taking pride in your "German" heritage and traditions is great and has nothing to do with the shade of your skin.

I (myself) am 50% pure anglo-saxon, 25% Scottish, 12.5% Irish and 12.5% German...possibly a sixteenth african American if what the census data from the early 1800,s suggests is accurate.

I am a genealogist (by hobby) and have traced my ancestors to include over 3000 folks. I have family Heirlooms passed down over the years, the oldest being roughly 400 years old. ...Tea Kettles, swords, family bibiles etc.

I visited the farmland on the east coast of the USA that my family occupied in the 1600's. I have G-G-G grandparents that arrived on the Mayflower...I know what village in Scotland my ancestors departed from...I have visited the castle in England that my surname originates from. I have visited the town in Ireland that my Irish Ancestor was born in.

I have G-G-G-Grandparents that fought in the revolutionary war, civil war, WW1 and etc. I can tell you every one of thier ranks, where they enlisted and where they died. I can name most of my ancestral lines (child to parent), without resorting to my files, going back 15 plus generations and tell you what each of them did and where they lived. I can speak to thier culture and heritage and can show the family relics that were handed down to remind thier descendants of the same. Family history is a passion of mine.

I have enormous cultural pride. I understand my heritage much better than most.

White is a color....not a culture...not a heritage To have "white" pride is like great pride in having brown or blue eyes.

I will also leave you with this...there is a great irony in those that celebrate "white pride" in the USA. Since the movement originates in the south, most of the white pride crew are descended from plantation owners. Plantation owners who regulary had children with thier slaves...Particularly the lighter skinned women who they would have work in the plantation house...and the offspring of those plantation owners and light skinned slaves would often have even lighter skin and those plantation owners would regulary raise the light skinned offspring as "white"....It happened all the time. More and more DNA tests are revealing that the "whites" in the south are actually not as "white" as they believe themselves to be

Pride in a color is DUMB. It has much merit as taking pride in a bowel movement.

Back to your white-pride parade.
edit on 6-12-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

what is the color of magic....ALL-ONE
"Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only anitidote..."
(last airbender: book 2 episode 9)
We are ONE

∞♡∞

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
after reading through this entire thread and doing much research into "racism", i have come to a conclusion:

Everybody just needs to realize before getting upset by such issues as race, religion, and sexuality; that these issues have been conditioned in us from birth as a means to divide the people to keep them from uniting and stand up against the tyrants, and those who will eventually become tyrants.

as long as there are such issues conditioned in the human mind, you will never see jews and muslims working together to be truly free. you will never see angry whites and angry blacks (angry referring to the anger of racism and reverse racism, if that word ever made sense lol) work together to free themselves from the bonds of the true oppressors of this world. the masterminds of today's already conquered world know these things, and will strive to fix racial and religious hate crimes to continue to divide us.

Mankind is a race. Color does not define a race, however i think webster defines it much better

race (noun)

a : a family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock
b : a class or kind of people unified by shared interests, habits, or characteristics
c : a category of humankind that shares certain distinctive physical traits

we all belong to the same stock that is our planet earth. we are all men and women who are not, yet should be united by the shared interests of freedom to practice our diverse beliefs without fear of oppression and tyrany. Most of all, we all share the same distinctive physical trait of having a heart that pumps the same blood we all bleed.

the more we fight amongst each other over trivial matters such as "race", religion, sexuality, regional origin, views on matters of politics and law, the further we fall behind in achieving true physical and spiritual freedom from the ones who truly wish to keep us from severing the strings to which we are attached.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Im not sure i know what white culture is?

Counties in Europe have a culture and history, but in north america, do we really have a culture? I dont think so.

In the current socio-economic spectrum, if you are a white male, you are on top of the pile. To celebrate white pride, is kinda like going around chanting 'were #1, were #1'

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
people that actually think people are racist cuz of pride, its just ridiculous.
you should listen to that song by MINOR THREAT-GUILTY OF BEING WHITE.
here are the lyrics....
I'm sorry
For something I didn't do
Lynched somebody
But I don't know who
You blame me for slavery
A hundred years before I was born

Guilty of being white

I'm a convict
Of a racist crime
I've only served
19 years of my time

Guilty of being white

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Whites have been slaves. It has nothing to do with overcoming hardships.

It doesn't? When was the most recent point in history that 'whites' have been slaves?

reply to post by incrediblelousminds

In fact, quite recently. In 1816 an Anglo-Dutch alliance assaulted Algiers, in Muslim North Africa, with the primary goal of freeing White, Christian, European slaves . Blacks were not the only ethnic group to be enslaved. Throughout history, slavery has been an accepted practice. It was not until the 19th Century that slavery began to be looked upon as a scourge of humanity. Here is another fact. Ethiopia, an African nation, was prohibited from joining the League of Nations in the early 20th Century, due to British objections, because slavery was a flourishing trade. Only through British pressure was Ethiopia forced to end the slave trade to be able join the league. This is one example of Black slavery perpetrated by an African nation long after European nations and America abolished slavery.

You can ignore the history if you choose, but historical facts have shown that so called "White Culture" was one of the first cultures to combat slavery and most certainly the first culture to defeat slavery.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kcs7272

AND MY ORIGINAL POINT!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE ALL MEMBERS OF THE HUMAN RACE AND THAT IS HOW WE SHOULD IDENTIFY OURSELVES!!!! NO BLACKS, WHITES ASIANS OR WHATEVER! WE CAN BE PROUD OF OUR INDIVIDUAL PASTS BUT MOST IF NOT ALL OF US SHOULD BE ASHAMED AS WELL!

I agree with you in that we are all human beings. However, I will not and do not accept any shame whatsoever for the actions that people committed when I was not alive. Neither am I proud nor ashamed of the past in human history for the same reason. I truly do not understand the guilt of the past. History is a complicated matter. Events in history cannot be changed but if certain points of history did not unfold the way they did it is probable that we, as a species, would not be in the current historical situation that we are living.

I cannot fathom how a person would feel guilt over events that did not occur during their lifetime or for that matter events that occurred during their lifetime that a person had no power to prevent. To me, guilt is simply another tool that the elites use to enact their divide & conquer strategy.
edit on 7-12-2010 by My_Reality because: ERROR!

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join