It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'll stick with "Human Pride." I enjoy the wide array of cultures within the human family, and appreciate the connection any make to any tradition.

"White pride?" Heh. I am proud to be human.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
lol @ white culture ...

Birthdays - Lets get drunk

Holidays - Lets get drunk

Weddings - Lets get drunk

New years - Lets get drunk

Family get togethers- Lets get drunk because i cant stand my family

Lost your job - Lets get drunk

Fed Reserve - :Lets get drunk

Steal resoruces around the world - Lets get drunk

Commit crimes against our own citizens - Lets get drunk

Double standards from a-z - Lets get drunk

---

Right and its ok to say that stuff about whites and whites just have to take it even though that could be considered racism.

If I said
lol@black culture

Birthdays: Eat watermelon

Weddings : Eat Watermelon

Lost your job: Eat Watermelon

People might get angry.

Sorry just using your logic to prove a point.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Most of the blacks that where sold into slavery were originally sold by their own African Tribesmen in exchange for European goods. Many others were already slaves, enslaved by neighboring warring tribes, and then traded for goods and shipped off to the Americas. This is something that our history books deemed too sensitive to make the texts books (as a lot of history in books is a complete fallacy).

My advise to you would be that:

There are no racial cultures. There's no such thing as "Black" Culture or "White" Culture, or "Asian" Culture.
A white Irishman is nothing like a white Frenchman, a Black Nigerian is nothing like a Black Australian (the Term "Black" has become an accepted racial term over "Aborigine"), an Asian Chinaman is nothing like an Asian Indian.
There are even different groups and cultures within countries. A North Irishman is nothing like a South Irishman, a Cherokee is nothing like an Apache, etc, etc.
We all have skeletons in our ancestral history, no one is innocent, not whites, blacks, asians, native Americans, nor are Christians, Jews, Muslims, Pagans, no one. The key is to discover your cultural heritage and to celebrate it accordingly, leaving the past where it belongs. With that, I bid you
"Slán go fóill"

edit on 2-12-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I would be interested in seeing / reading something of a example. I'm not sure what a white celebration would be, so I would to hear what you see as one.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

No, it just means if you do it and youre white, then your a racist........

Not so much if youre

Naacp, Larasa, or any other organization that gives you benefits for being of any other skin other than white....

I cant get a scholarship for just being white........

I cant cry discrimination , and have the same effect.....(people will say yes you can, but they know its true)

I cant call on the NAACP if i feel im wronged.........isnt that pretty much a political KKK? without the burning of crosses and violence? I mean, its financial violence and bullying.......just ask Al Sharpton.....

My point is..........tho i dont feel the need to celebrate my race for any reason.......(Im half indian so i have other things i do) I see his point.....

Why are some things socially acceptable and others arent?

4 words.........Affermative Action........Political Correctness

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I agree, .... it's a double standard, ... and it's not very fair.

but in this case, ... it probably has less to do with white people in general, .... but more to do with getting on your nerves.

don't let it get to you.

White Power !!

I know you want to say it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

I agree, .... it's a double standard, ... and it's not very fair.

but in this case, ... it probably has less to do with white people in general, .... but more to do with getting on your nerves.

don't let it get to you.

White Power !!

I know you want to say it.

lol no i'm not about white power.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

To be honest I think its just a backlash from the civil rights movement.

White people dished it out for so long, .... I suppose their expected to take it for a lil while, even though it is not nearly as bad as it was for black people.

Dont worry, all will be forgotten and things will level out.

link   

There is nothing wrong with having pride in your culture. The word white pride is associated with KKK and the AB so when you use that term is usually gets confused with them. I think instead of celebrating all these different months of different cultures, we should just have culture month were schools teach all the different cultures including european/American.

link   

You said it !!!

I knew you would !!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

I would be interested in seeing / reading something of a example. I'm not sure what a white celebration would be, so I would to hear what you see as one.

I'm not even talking about a celebration per se. I'm saying if I just say I'm proud to be white, I am a racist. But you can have all the Black Pride, Jewish Pride, Hispanic Pride you want.

I just don't think its healthy to grow up with any kind of guilt and to be honest I've grown up very ashamed of being white and I know alot of white people are ashamed of themselves deep down. Because this is whats been taught to them.

I'm with most people on here that everyone is human and should be looked at equally. I think the whole pride in race is pretty dumb.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Because that's what has been pounded into our heads generation after generation,and definitely have my suspicions on who promoted the race riots in the 60's.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Eat watermelon? Was that all you could reply with ????

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Almost all of our holidays and traditions are European (or white for the small minded) based. You know little holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiviing, Easter, Halloween etc. Come on people a little common sense here please.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Look, I'm sure you've started a flame war by now, but I'm not here to refute your point. However I did want to point out that whites celebrate their culture all the time without being looked down upon for it. Now, obviously when whitey celebrates it's culture, it's not so much about being white, but thats ok. Many of the holidays marked on a US calendar are of origin from white cultures.

It's kinda like saying, "why is it ok for blacks to have a channel called BET, and whites dont have a WET?". The answer is all the other channels ARE WET.

And now for some insight.....

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
lol @ white culture ...

Birthdays - Lets get drunk

Holidays - Lets get drunk

Weddings - Lets get drunk

New years - Lets get drunk

Family get togethers- Lets get drunk because i cant stand my family

Lost your job - Lets get drunk

Fed Reserve - :Lets get drunk

Steal resoruces around the world - Lets get drunk

Commit crimes against our own citizens - Lets get drunk

Double standards from a-z - Lets get drunk

Ignorance is beautiful! I am white and I have never gotten drunk to celebrate the federal reserve, stealing resources. I don't know what "Commit crimes against our own citizens" is even stabbing at...is the whole government white, and what country are you talking about? Whiteville
?

Did you guys know Whites invented, and are the only race to use alcohol? America is dirty because of the constant vomiting from our entire population being drunk all the time.

Classy move listing off holidays and other celebrations, seeing how alcohol has been a big part of celebrations since it's invention, and is used worldwide to celebrate important events.

Your post is ignorant gibberish.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This thread is about to erupt into a full blown Race Riot !!!

Thanks alot maya.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The double standard is what lets racism continue. If people would just get over it and realize we are all equal as humans and we are all responsible for our own lives and well being, we'd be much better off. I didn't enslave anyone, I didn't belittle someone for being different, I've never claimed to be better than anyone yet I suffer the consequences for those who did. I know people who were more deserving of a job based on credentials and experience, but they weren't hired because a company had to meet a quota. I've seen kids that truly want to succeed and get a degree but cant because their family just can't afford it and the government, a university or organization won't give that would-be student money because they don't fit into an ethnic group or race. I've also sat next to inner city kids who couldn't care less about furthering themselves through higher education, wasted the scholarship or grant given to them for the first year of college and then they drop out. That money could have gone to the kid who wanted to succeed, and would put his best foot forward.. But alas, he is white.

Whites cannot say that something is unfair or racist, because the argument is then turned around on them. As soon as either of those words are uttered, the white becomes the racist. The white is a bigot, no contest. I'm sick of over sensitive, free-lunchers who can't stand on their own two feet... Bringing hard working, real stand up people down and destroying opportunities they could have.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Every group of people have stereotypes applied to them. The white race is no different. I'm sure the majority of White folks aren't racist, but the few who are stick out like a sore thumb, and give you all a bad reputation.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

"As in recent history it has been folks of pink skin that have been doing most of the oppression there's no reason to 'celebrate' being white for being white, unless of course one wishes to celebrate oppression"

I'm gonna jump in on this and I think regardless of the oppression that did happen not that long ago I understand some of the tennance of the arguments from all the angles here...My thoughts are that if you truly have pride in your race/nationality you should be the best person you can be and that means not pouncing on other peoples ideas or customs simply because they are not in line with yours ...growing up today I'm not sure how anybody should feel ashamed of their color unless it's pounded into their heads that things will never get better...I do not harbor guilt nor feel ashamed for things that were out of my control way before I was born just as you should not feel guilt or shame for something someone else has done that is of the same race or ethnicity as you. well guilt is not what we need to advance it's acceptance and moving on with society for the betterment of mankind. As white people we can feel proud of our independence from the british, the colonization of the united states and we can certainly feel proud of our accomplishments through the industrial age and through science and medicine. I personally do not see the need for someone of any race to advertise their pride in the race/nationallity...why wouldn't we think that anyone would feel other than proud of who they are...

cul·ture noun
Definition of CULTURE
2: the act of developing the intellectual and moral faculties especially by education
4a : enlightenment and excellence of taste acquired by intellectual and aesthetic training b : acquaintance with and taste in fine arts, humanities, and broad aspects of science as distinguished from vocational and technical skills
5a : the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations b : the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group; also : the characteristic features of everyday existence (as diversions or a way of life] shared by people in a place or time

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join