It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would this help the u.s. economy ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Maybe some here has the answer but would it help or hurt the econmy if every other year t he american people just didnt get thier income tax back ? Sure i like getting my refund too, but how much would this decrease the national deficit? Or would the government figure that if we could deal without a tax refund once that would set the course for us never getting it back??? just an idea I had...what do ya think?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There are 100 other things we can do today to help with the debt. But thats not what our masters want. This is part of there game plan for the economy to sink like this . They know this , the politicians know this , now you know this . We dont have problems today because we cant fix them we have problems today because its part of the bigger picture . Tax payers have paid enough . If you havnt noticed we are the ones who have been paying for there gravey train of corruption over and over agaiin. We do the bail outs . We pay pay pay . Not just with money but securiuty freedoms liberty etc. Step one? Get the criminals out of office which is about 90 percent of congress and 100 percent of obama administration.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What you are proposing is a tax increase.

Tax "refunds" are simply a return of excess monies held in anticipation of a tax bill.

Do your withholdings properly and you shouldn't be getting a refund.

On a related note - I have never understood why people voluntarily over withhold with the idea that getting a refund is some kind of a "bonus". No, that's simply treating the IRS like a bank. That doesn't pay interest.

What you want to do is calculate your withholdings to equal the amount you will owe in tax, so you have more money at your disposal over the course of the tax year or quarter. Which you can then put in a savings account or other investment that will earn interest.

The IRS is not a bank.

The people that kill me the most are the ones who say - yeah but - if I have that extra money - I'll spend it. It's better for the IRS to keep it, then I'll get a big check at the end of the year.

*Headdesk*

The IRS is not a bank, it does not pay interest, and its a sad comment that some people wish to be baby sat, money wise.

In any case, back to the topic at hand here - letting the IRS keep any excess money withheld - in the end amounts to a tax increase. And yes, a tax increase might help the economy. Theoretically. Provided the government actually spent this additional money on economic stimulus

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

i with you there on the obama feelings. I wonder if that joker (see how i used a nice word but you oviously know what i really meant !!) wakes up and looks in the mirror and just laughes at how he fooled the voters or if he really thinks he knows what hes doing? I know one thing anyone who would wake up next to michell o on purpose has some serious issues !!

top topics

join