It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad: Court took my kids because I'm agnostic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
One thing I note in this thread so far is the misperception that Adults have rights to their kids. They don't, it is the Kids who have rights to contact with their parents, and parents need to get over themselves and their own personal desires in order to see what is actually best for the kids in question.

I've been through the family law courts in my country and after 2.5 years my child's mother and boyfriend she left me for simply gave up when their mountain of lies began to breakdown. That gave me custody of my daughter with her mom having visitation rights which she refused to take up for 2 years until I called her and forced her to have contact with her child.

Since then I have remained a single dad, I do not date anyone so am very happily celibate for now. I made my daughter the centre of my universe and she needed a parent to be available for her 24/7.. as kids do. So I did what I thought was the right thing to do, I stopped working in order to Parent my child more effectively and to give her the time she needed from the one parent she had.

So I got to do all the things Dad's miss out on, I worked tuckshop (don't know what it's called in other countries) for 6 years of her primary schooling, helped out with excursions and other school activities, etc. Sure this put us way behind the rest of the rat race financially.. but we were already behind with the ex keeping everything and me having to start fresh with absolutely nothing.

And I can tell you this with utmost honesty.. I would not change one single moment of these past 16 years. Losing my wealth, car and belongings to my ex-wife was easily balanced by having my daughter to raise.. I got the better end of the deal there for sure even if we are struggling week to week financially.

The man from the OP needs to go back to court to seek a change in the last result, or simply accept how things are going to be.. and not complain about it afterwards. He has the right to bring it back into family court, so he should.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Are you serious? And who do you think gets to decide what's best for the children, the government? Do you really think the government knows what is best for your children, better than you do? Wouldn't the parents know what's best for their own children? Children sure don't know what's best for themselves. In fact, when you bring a child into this world, it is not only your responsibility, but it is your right to raise that child in a manner in which you see fit, so long as you aren't depriving that child of life's necessities, such as something that could hurt the child, like neglect of food and water or even sexual abuse.

Not one single person was born unto this world with more authority than any other. "God" (whomever or whatever you believe him/it to be), didn't send any one person down with a charter over any other, thus nobody should have the right to tell me what to do, so long as I'm not hurting anyone else, it's called liberty.

Nobody knows what is best for my children, as I do and nobody, other than myself or my childrens' mother, has a right to decide the doctrine in which my child recieves. They were born unto me and my ex-wife, no one else, therefore it is up to me and her, as opposed to anyone else.

The point being that people do have a right to their own children, regardless of whether or not tyrants try to impede that right.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Airspoon,

Yes I am serious mate.

I worked hard to get the courts to appoint a child representative with a psychology background in order for us to be forced to have observed interviews with and without the child being present. This person took on the mantle of learning and observing interactions to better understand what our child needed.

I did it that way to insure my motives were correct and honourable, and in order for the other party to be found-out via the investigations that followed the interviews.

It is my understanding and personal observation that most parents going to Family Law Courts aren't really thinking about the child's needs anywhere near as much as they are thinking about their own "needs" and wants. It is a sad fact that many parents use the child as a weapon during and after the break-up of their relationship... and this behaviour peaks in the Law Courts.

Furthermore many parents will spin bull to their Lawyers in order to be seen in a better light. Again that is the parent considering themselves over the needs of their child.

I do agree that in most cases both parents may think and wholeheartedly believe they know what's best.. even when their ego is unbalanced. And in such cases.. the majority... it is necessary to void that imbalance by someone with a clearer perception of what is going on, who is not involved in the scenario being played out between opposing parents.

And when it comes down to it, parents do not have the rights, it is the Children who have rights.. and so it should be in this particular field. I am sorry you disagree so vehemently, but perhaps you have not been through the Family Law Court scenario?

I'm all for Freedom and self-determination, and for parents to have the say about their own children, what they indoctrinate them with, etc. Until the time that the child is placed in any sort of danger or excess duress, either physically, mentally or emotionally. At that point the parents lose all their rights to the child.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Tayesin because: dyslexic typing fingers make mistakes

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This is not surprising to me at all. Men and people who are non religious have it tough in American court. I can't stop the rage.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by HunkaHunka

But unless the judge says thats why... then its just fantasy

Apparently, the judge did say that's why in the ruling. Didn't you read the article?

--airspoon

Yes i did read it... Ad the judge never said he was doing it because the guy as agnostic, but because the guy had a different religious vies from the mother.... Dude could have been jewish and his ex wife catholic and it would have been the exact same thing...

Once again he was not denied because he was agnostic, but because he had a different on from the mother... And this is typical....

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

I finally got my son back and released from child support but only because the Womens Advocacy Group lawyers saw my case and were raging mad at the system and my ex-wife.
There is no legal aid for men only for women here.
It was stange for 8 yrs after her drug abuse got bad i still paid child support and was the custodial parent too.
That doesn't even make sense but it happened until those wonderful women rescued me.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
un constitutional and gender discriminitive

wonder how that judge is even in that line of profession,..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
un constitutional and gender discriminitive

wonder how that judge is even in that line of profession,..

Because he's unconstitutional and gender discriminative.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by human32826
reply to post by sara123123

I finally got my son back and released from child support but only because the Womens Advocacy Group lawyers saw my case and were raging mad at the system and my ex-wife.
There is no legal aid for men only for women here.
It was stange for 8 yrs after her drug abuse got bad i still paid child support and was the custodial parent too.
That doesn't even make sense but it happened until those wonderful women rescued me.

I am so glad to hear that you found a legal group willing to help you as a dad.

When I spoke of feminists, I am speaking of a narrow ideological group of politically active women whose heyday was brought to an end when they were hung by their own sexual harassment witch hunt laws during the Clinton administration. These are the activists who worked to turn family law into the mess that it currently is. American women have largely ditched that male hate ideology and political activism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join