It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sets News Conference on Astrobiology Discovery; Science Journal Has Embargoed Details Until 2 p

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

NASA Sets News Conference on Astrobiology Discovery; Science Journal Has Embargoed Details Until 2 p.m. EST On Dec. 2

www.nasa.gov

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life. Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe.

The news conference will be held at the NASA Headquarters auditorium at 300 E St. SW, in Washington. It will be broadcast live on NASA Television and streamed on the agency's website at www.nasa.gov....

Participants are:
- Mary Voytek, director, Astrobiology Program, NASA Headquarters, Washington
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If this has already been submitted I apologize, but I DID do a search.

Could this be related to the post about the 'ice meteorite' that contained element related to ET life?

Another speculation is that NASA has found life precursor compounds on a moon of Saturn or Jupiter.

Of course, knowing NASA, it could be something as bland as finding cheese on the moon.

www.nasa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
DOH!

Before the flames begin - I found the other thread.

I expect this to be closed soon...

BTW -- It's not necessary to harangue folks for posting topics that are duplicate. There are too many "If you used the SEARCH you'd find out there was already a post!" posts.

Alright.. I'm done.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Im quite sure theve discovered a bacteria that can live in arsenic, which was previously thought impossible, meaning life could exist on planets that they previously thought couldnt support life

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

BTW -- It's not necessary to harangue folks for posting topics that are duplicate. There are too many "If you used the SEARCH you'd find out there was already a post!" posts.

Thanks for posting all the same, I would rather read a story twice than miss it altogether. Your intentions were in good spirit.

Regards

Doc

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by emsed1

Im quite sure theve discovered a bacteria that can live in arsenic, which was previously thought impossible, meaning life could exist on planets that they previously thought couldnt support life

Was this your source?

Gizmodo - NASA Finds New Life

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Actually, I've been looking forward to this all week (yeah, it's been on the boards a lot lately)... however, thank you for this update, now I know what time to start looking for the results of this story. Glad it wasn't buried on page 102 of another thread, I most definitely would have missed it.

As for the news... my money is that they found this guy flying past Cassini....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5256b443fcdb.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

join