It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocky Flats, Still Polluting? or something else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hello all,

Moderators if this thread is in the wrong spot please feel free to move

i just thought i would put this out there to all. Recently my father who worked at the Rocky Flats plant in Colorado had an abnormal vitamin d test come back. he was a mantinence guy out there both when DoE and who ever else ran the show out there. but he has not worked there in at least 7 years. I did do a search for the term Rocky Flats and i know there are alot of theories and conspiracies about that place...many i have thought of and believe. i just want to gather some of the great atsers opinions and theories about what really is going on out there still. it is now a wildlife area and still putting off radiation according to my father.

any thoughts....theories?
edit on 2-12-2010 by AbandonFaieth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
both my father and i believe that it might be beryllium related.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
S&F. i grew up and went to high school just a few miles from there. if i remember when they decided to close the facility they said clean up would take 10 years, well it has been over 10 years. if i had to guess i would say they were using things there that weren't exactly known to anyone outside DOE and it is taking them a hell of alot longer to clean it up because they had done such a bad job of all those years of handling the material properly.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My ex FIL worked there for years and years-- until he was given a huge golden parachute when they closed down. He's hinted before at what he knows, like the time he talked about weapons that can kill humans without touching the environment (scalar? neutron?). Anyway, he wasn't even able to tell his family what he did for a living until after he retired. He now claims he sourced uranium. But I've always thought there was something funny about how wealthy he became. After giving him that fantastic exit package, they hired him back on a contract basis to declassify documents. Probably more like hush money, if you ask me.

But on a positive note, he happily lives very near that area. If he knew anything (and he probably would), he would have high-tailed it out of there long ago.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
My Father was the same way...would hint at stuff but never actually told us the details. but after the very nice exit package that he got as well he did tell us about a few hot spots. one in particular that i remember is about a solid concrete and steel room with a jackhammer stuck in the ground and still standing on its own. the geiger or whatever they were using in that particular tunnel was reading infinity. which meant get the eff out as fast as possible unless your in a suit. that one always sticks in my mind because if you were there and had to leave your tools stuck like that what caused you to suddenly run out of there and seal the room?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
the scary part is i was there on "base / campus" for their last summer party before they shut all of it down for good. i still remember hearing about the FBI raid too

sorry i keep posting on my own thread i am just remembering stuff as it comes to me at work is all
edit on 2-12-2010 by AbandonFaieth because: added appolgy

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Rocky Flats was the location where the U.S. DOE manufactured most of the primaries (fission portions) for nuclear weapons. This has some of the most toxic & dangerous manufacturing as it involves machining beryllium and plutonium, which are very nasty poisons in dust/aerosol form.

The corresponding plant for the thermonuclear secondaries is Y-12 in the Oak Ridge complex. This is probably somewhat less dangerous as there was less plutonium and beryllium.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
That's where they used to put all the toys together. Of course most, maybe all of those who worked for santa at the time are dead or dying.

I live in Denver now and I thought it was so freaking ironic when they made it a wildlife refuge. The Sierra Club sat back and said 'we're good' as they counted thier money.

We're just a hop skip and a jump from Los Alamos, with Cheyenne Mt. in between. Future wasteland

Maybe I'm just being cynical

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof

I live in Denver now and I thought it was so freaking ironic when they made it a wildlife refuge. The Sierra Club sat back and said 'we're good' as they counted thier money.

We're just a hop skip and a jump from Los Alamos, with Cheyenne Mt. in between. Future wasteland

Maybe I'm just being cynical

Not being Cynical....i agree totally...an area that toxic/deadly/dying why make it a refuge for animals?

and speaking of Los Alamos there was some even weirder stuff that my dad told me. like about the windsite. it now has wind turbines on it. but back in the day it was the metorlogical study area for the Flats. anyways my dad always told me that there were numerous days where it would be raining/snowing/storming over the rest of the plant but yet out at the windsite it would be clear and sunshiny. supposedly it was on an old indian burial ground? but again who knows.

now that its a wildlife refuge i cant wait to see the mutation that might happen to those animals. maybe then sierra club will realize "Oops we effed up"

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
bringing back an old thread of mine. no its not for self gratification..its something thats really bothering me and after having done some rather intensive digging around on the interwebs i now find it really interesting that one of the thoughts i brought up in a previous post about the wind site is now an actual Wind Farm harvesting the wind. what else are they going to put out there to make it "habitable"?

top topics

join