It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Contestants Quit Survivor Last Night...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yeah, yeah, who cares right? Well, it's for those who watch, who simply don't want to own up to watching what is still one of the most popular shows in America (and, is an excellent showcase for human nature)...

Anyhow, Naonka and "Purple" Kelly (so noted just as to differentiate the two Kelly's on the show), both quit last night, giving up a 1 in 8 chance at a million dollars, just because of some rain....

Seriously? Did you not see any of the past Survivor seasons? And 3 people are sitting in the jury, just grinding their teeth that they got voted out, when these two just quit. (and two of them, were some of the best thinkers this season...just got too cocky).

Personally, I think the quitters should not be included in the jury....

Unbelievable....

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think they should up the ante to at least two million.
By the time government gets a hold on you your really playing for about 500,000.
Heck you can win a million dollars on wheel of fortune.
Dont under estimate what a lack of food and warmth can do to a person in 28 days.
These two knew they had little chance of winning.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Perhaps there will be a twist? The show has brought back contestants who were voted off before, this seems like a good time to drop a stone in the pond (I haven't watched the show since the second season) so no real opinion, otherwise...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

They tried it once, and the fan backlash was immense...it undermined the principle of the game...so I doubt they'll try it again.

There is a HUGE blowup on their FB site though, where basically everyone (me included) feels they should not be allowed on the Jury, or as part of any reunion shows, etc. Jeff Probst really hates quitters. I've read quite a bit on the show and behind the scenes, as I've often considered the idea.

However, I'm more of an average guy, and not what they would usually cast. Still though, I think I'd do fairly well, as long as I could cull my leader complex a bit. Seems that the only way to really win Survivor these days, is to be under the radar, and align yourself with the grandmaster player. That way, when the two of you are in the last vote, the others are really voting AGAINST that person, instead of FOR you...but the result is the same. Wouldn't be how I'd want to win though.

Oh, and I don't know about you, but even after taxes, the $500,000 left would certainly be enough to allow me to set enough in motion to make my life a lot better.

top topics

join