It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to Swine Flu?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
I haven't heard it mentioned once by the media at all since last year or earlier this year. How could it just disappear unless it never really actually existed which is what I had suspected all along. Has anyone else heard it mentioned whether in the US or anywhere else in the world?

Yea some friends I know work in the local hospitals and a woman was in a ICU with it that had died 3xz so its real.. I think she maay have died the last time.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I had a few friends that were diagnosed with it last year but they were given no kind of test other than just symptoms, how did the doctors not know it wasn't just a severe cases of regular flu? That was one of the things I didn't understand. It would be like me telling you that you suffer from TB because you're coughing all the time without actually testing you for it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

I am not in detail on all the facts but UPMC does lots of bio research and I think if they identified it as swine flu it probably was. They can tell by the virus being present within the blood I would think though.
edit on 12/2/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I would agree if a blood test were given but none of my friends were given a blood test, it was just an office visit and at the most there glands were checked and temperature and all the other normal stuff like blood pressure readings and what not. The only thing all 3 had in common were fevers of 104 unless that is what the doctors were going by.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
In the 60's people would say we would only have a black president when pigs fly. Now we have a black president and swine flu!! Inside

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The H1N1 vaccine IS this years flu vaccine. They are just calling it the regular flu vaccine. I know thiis as a fact becuase my 11 yr old is a liver transplant recipient and has a very lowered immune system. We get the word from her transplant team concerning whats what.

I had gotten h1n1 and it is simply a really really terrible flu. Ive had influenza A in the past and H1N1 is A's big ugly brother. I really thought I was going to be a statistic, but got over it! Mine was confirmed again because she is a transplant patient and they have to know what theyre dealing with as far as me exposing her to something.

SO, the swine flu is still here. Its also still being vaccinated against.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I haven't heard it mentioned once by the media at all since last year or earlier this year. How could it just disappear unless it never really actually existed which is what I had suspected all along. Has anyone else heard it mentioned whether in the US or anywhere else in the world?

They'll be creating a new scare tactic this year - gotta have a new one to keep 'em coming back for those flu shots! Most people will think they are protected if they got their swine flu last year, and they won't be afraid enough to do it again.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ive had swine flu, and let me tell you, its no laughing matter. I had swine flu, and this is my story.

I had it 2nd generation, before it was even mentioned in the news. A bunch of friends of mine had gone down to Mexico to party(im in California), and that happens often. They updated their status messages saying stuff like "having great time! the locals all seem sick, and I might be too, but still partying hard!" yeah, no good. he came back a week later, sick as a dog, and WENT TO SCHOOL. I was a senior in high-school then. He came late that fateful day to 3rd period class, then left early to go home. he was admitted to the hospital later that night, but it was too late for me and three other kids who sat at the same desk as him in that classroom. THE DESK GOT QUARANTINED. lol.

When I got home that same day, I felt weak, but blew it off thinking that It was from a hard Water-Polo practice, so I went to bed. I woke up in the morning around 4 to massive diarrhea, vomiting, fever of 105, and felt like an MMA champ had 10 rounds with me. I didnt eat or move for the next 5 days, not knowing what it was, my mom didnt want to even take me to the doctor, because she didnt want to get in the same car as me! I asked "ambulance plz?" she said it was the flu. I believed her. Never had it before. 5 days after the fever broke, this new thing called swine-flu had been found in the same town my friend was partying in.... FML

I lost 10 pounds, slept for 17 hours straight at one point, didnt move for 38 hours, didnt pee for 2 days because I sweated all the water out trying to not die of a fever, and the fever spiked at 105.8 and didnt lower for 3 days. I took no medication for it. I am a survivor.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cataka

They'll be creating a new scare tactic this year - gotta have a new one to keep 'em coming back for those flu shots! Most people will think they are protected if they got their swine flu last year, and they won't be afraid enough to do it again.

Sure, Swine Flu exists and has existed for at least 30 years. It just wasn't near as epidemic or deadly as they would have you believe... Yes, people died from it. People die from regular flu every year. More people probably died from food allergies, but that's beside the point. That's all it is, a scare tactic. Just like a couple years ago when everyone was worried about Bird Flu, or scared to be near an Asian dude for fear of SARS, or people afraid to open their mail because someone might be sending them Anthrax.. I wonder what the next one will be? Terrorism seems to be a common theme again lately, so maybe it will be a biological warfare scheme. Whatever keeps people running around begging for the government to save us.
edit on 2-12-2010 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Basically the sceptics, shills, disinfo agents, etal, were proven right ......

Another end of the world, doom and gloom, vira internet hoax which has been proven wrong.

And when the next one comes along, the 'sceptics' will once again been disregarded and called liars and shils because no-one wants to think the world won't end tomorrow. Because that would be crazy!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Doctors are being sneaky about it now though.

One of my co-workers was talking about gettin g the flu vaccine about a week ago. He had told his doctor that he didn't want the H1N1 shot, just the regular vaccine. The doctor told him not to worry, the regular vaccine would be fine.

Never mentioned to him that the H1N1 vaccine is part of the regular vaccine this year, even though my co-worker SPECIFICALLY mentioned not wanting it.

edit on 2-12-2010 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beachguy123

I hope they don't go down to party anymore, not so much because of swine flu but because of the drug wars going on.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hello all. I'm currently enrolled at a university and I'm going to become a Medical Labatory Scientist, and I will like to provide you guys with some information about flu shots and how the flu virus works Etc. I've been on here before and there is alot of misinformation going around and its making people not get flu shots. Remember its everyone's personal choice to get a vaccine or not and hopfully you can take some of my information in for consideration.

First thing I'm going to add is that H1N1 subtype has been in a flu shot since 1978 it was called A/New Jersey/1976/H1N1 the flu shot also contains a H3N2 virus and a B virus every year, even this year its been the same flu shot. But they are the same subtype not the same strain. So this years H1N1 virus is A/California/7/2009 (H1N1) Its still H1N1 but a different strain. So every year the main ingredients for a vaccine stay the same but the virus they put into it changes.

So this years strains goes as follows

•an A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)–like virus;
•an A/Perth/16/2009 (H3N2)–like virus;
•and a B/Brisbane/60/2008–like virus.

So last year for the 2009 season they had to make two vaccines for the flu and this is why.

The influenza (flu) viruses selected for inclusion in the seasonal flu vaccines are updated each year based information about which influenza virus strains are identified, how they are spreading, and how well current vaccine strains protect against newly identified strains. Currently, 130 national influenza centers in 101 countries conduct year-round surveillance for influenza and study influenza disease trends. These laboratories then send influenza viruses to the four World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Centers for Reference and Research on Influenza located in Atlanta, Georgia, USA (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC); London, United Kingdom (National Institute for Medical Research); Melbourne, Australia (Victoria Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory); Tokyo, Japan (National Institute for Infectious Diseases) for additional analyses. The seasonal flu vaccine is a trivalent vaccine (a three component vaccine) with each component selected to protect against one of the three main groups of influenza viruses circulating in humans.

so what does this mean and why was there still two vaccines last year?

Well this was two last year because the three viruses they were going to put into the seasonal vaccine where already choosen for the year. H1N1 or "swine flu" didn't come out intill Apirl 2009 and they couldn't put it into the seasonal "it takes time to be approved etc" so thats why there was two. They didn't rush to make a second vaccine because the ingredients stay the same the only thing they had to do was put the virus into the vaccine. If H1N1 "Swine Flu" came out earlier in the year, no would have ever heard of "Swine Flu" and everything would have been like normal. The media took everything out of context and made people scared of a flu shot or any vaccine for that matter. If you really want to know how vaccine works read the Pink Book from CDC it will tell you the history and the vaccine and how many lives they have protected.

But I get sick anyways why would I get a flu shot?

The three vaccine viruses are chosen to maximize the likelihood that the main circulating viruses during the upcoming flu season will be well covered by the vaccine. WHO recommends specific vaccine viruses for vaccine production, but then each individual country makes their own decision for licensing of vaccines in their country. In the United States, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) determines what viruses will be used in U.S.–licensed vaccines.

Here is WHO's report

www.who.int...

So the flu shot is trying to protect you from the main circulating viruses for that year. There are thousands of flu viruses and you can still get sick.

So if I can still get sick why get a flu shot?

Well flu virus can be different but the same. So if you have antibodies to H1N1 virus and another H1N1 virus comes along it will minimize the effect the virus will have on you and make your symptoms more mild, then they were going to be.

But can you get flu from the flu shot itself?

No you can't the virus is dead and can't cause infection.

www.cdc.gov...

So its not government sheme or plot to make you buy more vaccines, flu kills people, alot of people and it can help you.

thanks for reading and good luck

edit on 5-12-2010 by darknirvana because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2010 by darknirvana because: spelling

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Its hilarious isnt it

All the ATS members that claimed mass deaths of the human race, the FEMA camps being over run with people, the RFID chips in the vaccine, the vaccine killing of masses of victims....

EPIC FAIL

yeah, EPIC FAIL
struck pharmaceutical
mafia too...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join