It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty interesting NASA find here....NEW LIFE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
gizmodo.com...:+giz modo/full+(Gizmodo)

This changes a lot of things folks. Until now we were under the understanding that all life shared the same 6 components. With the addition of arsenic, we can search for life in ways and areas we had never even thought of before. Pretty exciting news.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
gizmodo.com...:+giz modo/full+(Gizmodo)

This changes a lot of things folks. Until now we were under the understanding that all life shared the same 6 components. With the addition of arsenic, we can search for life in ways and areas we had never even thought of before. Pretty exciting news.

I don't know about you but I already knew a long time ago that life can exist even in very harsh conditions and even without the presence of oxygen. Evidence of water and oxygen is not the only criteria for life to exist. NASA knows it but somehow they don't want to share it to the public.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Wow this is awesome! Life must exist in every corner of the universe having found this out!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
what like a giant arsenic blob?! no way

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e0d215c461a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I'm hunting for some more information but for some reason it can only be found on Gizmodo currently, which is weird. Looks like NASA will have a conference at 2pm EST today to talk about it some more. I'm still amazed. Can't wait to hear the full scoop.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

This is the same point I made to my friend earlier. He insisted it was much more important than that, but I know that I'm not the only one who has believed for a long time now that life can exist anywhere, in any shape or form. This is a very mundane announcement compared to how they hyped it up.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
it seems life could not be stopped that easily...1 question in my mind..WHY ALL THIS ENORMOUS EMPTY SPACE..WHYYYYYYYY

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's been updated, lots of new info. In a hurry so here's the new link:

gizmodo.com...

new topics

top topics

join