It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just for fun..fifa world cup 2018 predictions...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Ok its only a guess...quickly before its drawn...
for obvious reasons...im going to say....ENGLAND

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

for obvious reasons im going to say Not England... I'm going with an Asian country.... Japan.... I believe we'll owe them enought in 4 years to let them earn a World Cup.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Lol...good answer..any more bids on Japan...?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
it's going to be Portugal and Spain!

50 airports (some of the most modern in Europe) // 70 million tourists a year already (4 or 5 million extra wont even be anything out of the ordinary) // Super-speed trains // Tons of 5 star FIFA stadiums already there // the only one that will make a profit

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It should be England, but I fear a corrupt organization FIFA will give the World Cup to the corrupt nation Russia. why would you give the world cup to a nation that's government works hand in hand with organised criminal gangs?

I have listened to all the bids today and it's amusing to see the other nations making veiled criticism of England exposing FIFA as the corrupt bunch of old men they are.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Cmon Australia!!!

We need 2022!!!

I hope England gets the 2018 world cup...its been a long time since they last had one

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The only prediction I can make that will come true is that Austria (my country) is not going to quality, as usual, lol!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I win, England didnt even get past the 1st round. Oh well, I guess we know that corruption and backhanders are now the way the world works.

England got 2 votes out of 22. one of our votes was from the English rep, So we only got 1 vote from another nation
edit on 2-12-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The most common sense venues were England in 2018 and the U.S in 2022 but I guess you can't count out the Football powerhouses of Russia and Qatar!
I wonder how many fans will die of heat exhaustion in Qatar. The players will love playing in 110 heat as well.

Great choices, FIFA

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
maybe this should go into the conspiracies threads ? Qatar = under table oil money... maybe the same as the motor racing = no spectators...

AUSTRALIA WAS RORTED !!! Im over football now ! thats it.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
You know what the annoying thing is in all of this:
1998 - France
2002 - Japan/South Korea
2006 - Germany
2010 - South Africa
2014 - Brazil
2018 - Russia
2022 - Qatar
2026 - Likely to be turn of far east
2030 - North America/Mexico
2034 - African Nation
2038 - Turn of another european nation.

As you can see it is likely to be 2038 by the time the european continent is considered for this prestigious event again, and obviously then there will be bids from a group of different european countries.
Sad thing is England will very probably not get it then either, so will never have a world cup in my lifetime.
Shocking really the corruption that cost one of the best technical bids its chance.
England definitely deserved a chance to host this event - we gave the world this sport and it should be allowed to come home for the best event in the world.

Then the 2022 event - Qatar now claiming they need the tournament running in January as the temperatures are too high in the summer over there? Were they not bidding to host the world cup, a tournament ALWAYS held in the summer since it started, and therefore their bid should have fell over if they could only host it at a time unnaceptable to the leagues that run in January where all the players ply their trade?
Just more evidence of corruption.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
England will win the next 5 world cups period

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

FIFA has said they are not neccasarilly going to follow the continent rotation any more, haven't they?

I'd say England will have a shot at 2026. But hopefully it goes to the USA!

new topics

top topics

join