It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Object Captured by Weather Satellite?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
A quick search had me believe this has not been posted previously.

I was sent this from a friend on YouTube.

I've no idea what the object in question could be. I'm open to suggestions/proof that it could be a technical glitch within the satellite data.

Peace
edit on 2-12-2010 by Beyond Creation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Beyond Creation

A UFO sighting captured by not one but two Chinese weather satellites?

I dont know what think about this. Two satellites!

Good catch. Thanks for the video.

S/F.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Whoa. Cool stuff. Thanks for posting. Never seen any "anomalies" like that before!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I sent a quick message to the SSEC asking for a clarification on the "wobble" issue.
I wonder if they will reply

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Oh wow

You guys make me laugh. Whats the bet that not one of you actually know how a weather satellite works hmmm?

The satellite is set up to reflect the temperature in the visible spectrum. It does not take photos, which should debunk it straight away (why do you think you cant see other satellites and space junk, or even city lights etc). The lighter the shade, the colder the temperature is. Black and the darker shows up as warmer temperatures, which you can obviously see, as the ocean and land masses are generally warmer than the tops of the clouds. We use these shades to determine the intensity and types of clouds, and if we convert it to colour we can also determine ocean currents etc.

If something moved past the satellite, it would only show up as either a darker black colour, meaning it was emitting heat, or it would be white because it was cold. Seeing as the "object" was apparently the same colour as the ocean, then it would be the same temperature as the ocean, which im pretty sure wouldnt be the same as the temperature in space. And yes, I am aware that space is black, but the satellite imagery is calibrated to detect radiances in various wave length bands, which via a mathematical equation, transmits those temperature differences into an image that we can look up.

edit on 2/12/2010 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Do you know what causes the "wobbling"? I am assuming that the earth isn't actually wobbling

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Do you know what causes the "wobbling"? I am assuming that the earth isn't actually wobbling

Its more likely to be the geostationary orbit being adjusted, or affected, rather than the Earth itself. I cant really say as Im not 100% sure of what goes on up there. I only know how the weather satellites work, as I have to look at them every day at work

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
im thinking that since there was small CME the other day, that perhaps it could be plasma racing across the image which is causing the disparity. just a guess though...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Did you even see the shadows from the cord being put in front of the guy filming this? I believe this to be a hoax.

And not a very good one. Look at all the mouse activity he does to create this show. Combining pics that he had saved to make it look like this was in natural sequence.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

I'm glad someone else saw it. (the shadows)

I was waiting to see how long it would take.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Your comments are all welcome, thanks.

I'm not here to defend this video, however, I will ensure that it is treated with fairness.

Take another look at the video, you don't need to play it, what's on the screen summarises the attitude and purpose of the video, ''what is this?'' , he's asking a question and presumably would appreciate helpful comments from the more experienced or qualified viewer.

Although he may give an opinion, essentially, he's not making a claim or statement; and so that's why he's not said 'this is...'' , unlike you Sir, with ''this is a hoax'' , which doesn't carry much weight apart from a few grams or irony.

Play fair please.

Thanks anyway

Peace

edit on 2-12-2010 by Beyond Creation because: typo

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You said you was open to suggestions? I suggested that this is a hoax by whomever made the Claim that this was an alien object. The person video taping Is the one putting the cord in front of the camera. And i am in no way implying you are trying to hoax me. And it really shouldn't matter what your source of the video was, You are the presenter asking for our suggestions.

It is so obvious that It is hard to believe anyone would think otherwise, Just look at all the mouse icon Movement and commands. And look at the end of the video and you will see What appears to be a list of jpeg type images on the screen. And don't you think that if the earth was wobbling We would be able to feel it's affects ? The shadow of the cord is the dead give a way.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I've reviewed the video after reading your comments, and I can appreciate where you are coming from. I guess the only way to be sure is to locate and examine the same evidence the original publisher used.

I've no issue with you offering suggestions, the word 'hoax', however, I felt was an overstatement given that no real proof was offered to concur the accusation. He may be yanking our chain here but unless it can be proved it is no more substantial than the information in the video.

Perhaps you might feel inclined to prove that the shadows from the 'cables' are deliberately doctored and misleading, if this is so, then the word 'hoax' will be applicable, but not until then.

Regarding the comment about the perception of a 'wobbling' world, again it's a valid point but you must also consider that according to 'About.com'...

''The speed at which the earth spins varies upon your latitudinal location on the planet. If you're standing at the north pole, the speed is almost zero but at the equator, where the circumference of the earth is greatest, the speed is about 1,038 miles per hour (1,670 kph). The mid-latitudes of the U.S. and Europe speed along at 700 to 900 mph (1125 to 1450 kph).''

I gather you're from the U.S.A. . Let me ask you something, do you feel the 'effects' of moving at 700 to 900mph?

Like I said, I'm not here to defend the video only to provide information but I will take responsibility for this post.

On a personal note, regarding the reality of U.F.O.s, one is preaching to the choir.

I appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
To me it looks like some sort of mechanical portion of the satellite that has maybe swiveled into place - some realignment gadget of some sort? I don't know. A UFO would be the last thing I'd guess though.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ReaverTheBeliever

Some of us that use the the acronym 'U.F.O' are very aware of the stigma, however, we also may use it in defence.

The object is yet to be identified and as it is in space transit I am able to say it is flying.

U.F.O. is technically valid.

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
lol
cosmic g-string?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

'Lol' ..quite.

Forgive my intuition but humour isn't usually intentionally included in a deliberate hoax. That's why I assumed the intention was not to mislead.

I may the victim of my own intuition here but I value my intuition and I can forgive myself if so.

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
At 3:33 into the video, the round objects cast a shadon on Earth and into where space should be.

Conclusion,

The video is from a camera sitting infront of a computer or monitor that has the Earth in motion on it, and while recording, a cable goes between the two.

This is not (IMO) a live shot from a satellite in orbit recordng Earth.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
O.K, This is what i can contribute to this thread. Compare the Users Source to view The earth from this link

www.ssec.wis... c.edu/data/geo/index.php?satellite=east&channel=ir2&coverage=conus&file=gif&imgoranim=8&anim_method=flash

Then use this source to view the earth

weather.msfc.nasa.gov...

Now you can see the difference and know that the youtube video appears to be Altered. Due to the affects they where creating, Like blacking out the bottom half of the screen and Having multiple windows open Of the same images Under different Views.

Like i said before, i believe the person filming in the youtube video is trying to hoax us.

And on the other hand, The original could have been just about the wobble and nothing to do with the cord. We dont know how many times the original was manipulated To get to the cord subject now.

Did that make sense? Well, it did to me.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I've had a look at the first link, although I needed to ammend it as the link doesn't work directly, but I'm afraid I'm not that well versed in Geostationary satellite images to really get stuck in. The second link, unfortunately, won't load on my cpu due to a scrpt error or something.

I could resign to.. ''well, guess we'll never know'' , but instead I've requested the original publisher to come forward and clear up the 'cable' issue.

If he's genuine then he may be kind enough to discuss the video.

Thanks

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join