It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's 4 star general and future leader - 27yo Kim Jong-un

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

So, what do we know about the future leader of North Korea?

Well firstly, as the title says, his military rank is the equivalent of a 4 star general in the US military, not bad for someone who has never served a single day in the armed forces.

Secondly, it is believed that it was he who ordered the attack on South Korea and had ordered the military to prepare for it in early November.

This move was due to the belief that some soldiers held discontent for their fearless leader.

There is also a plan for a 6 month military exercise to tighten controls on the military, beginning as early as this week.

The Japanese daily quoted the source, who is familiar with North Korea-China relations, as saying, "Early last month, the North Korean military issued instructions in Kim Jong-un's name to senior military commanders to get ready to counter the enemy's provocations any time." The source quoted an unnamed North Korean Army officer as commenting on the artillery attack on Yeonpyeong. "It had been planned. We had been preparing for that for a long time."

The North Korean military was waiting for a chance and then attacked under the pretext of countering an annual South Korean military exercise, the daily speculated.

"According to several sources familiar with the internal situation in the North, the regime needed to accelerate efforts to establish the image of Kim Jong-un as a strong leader to quell discontent among some soldiers," the daily said.

"Some intelligence reports say the North will stage a military exercise for all troops for six months from Wednesday to tighten controls," it added.

I found this quote quite funny too:

Furthermore Fujimoto stated that "If power is to be handed over then Jong-un is the best for it. He has superb physical gifts, is a big drinker and never admits defeat."

Or is it disturbing?

I wonder if this kid will turn Korea around or put the final nail in his country's coffin?

english.chosun.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Come on Chad, you're an Aussie..He sounds perfect.

He has superb physical gifts, is a big drinker and never admits defeat."

Now seriously, although I don't like words like "speculate" as used in your quotes, the guy looks like a fat mummies boy with no clue how to run a raffle, let alone a country with nukes..

It's a scary scenario for sure...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think on this occasion, it's fair to say that he literally did eat all the pies. What a fat, nasty little despot. Someone needs to pop him.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Now seriously, although I don't like words like "speculate" as used in your quotes, the guy looks like a fat mummies boy with no clue how to run a raffle, let alone a country with nukes..

How very true. Although looks can be very deceiving. Plenty of Ted Bundy's victims found that out the hard way. But even if he's a maniacal genius or a fat mamma's boy, I have a feeling he'll be the one to end up destroying his country.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Well... now I know why the rest of North Korea is starving...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

According to several sources familiar with the internal situation in the North, the regime needed to accelerate efforts to establish the image of Kim Jong-un as a strong leader to quell discontent among some soldiers," the daily said.

"Some intelligence reports say the North will stage a military exercise for all troops for six months from Wednesday to tighten controls," it added.

Yes, well and now is a likely time for a purge of those who might be expected to rock the boat for the young lad once he takes over...you eliminate a whack of enemies in one fell swoop (even if you take out a few innocent guys along the way). And...bonus...you prove the kid is a hard-butt that everybody needs to steer clear of to avoid a similar fate.

Even if the old man is behind the dirty-doings, young-Un will be seen to be giving the orders and maybe even pulling a trigger or two. For effect, maybe the old man will even express "surprise" at how ruthless his son has turned out to be.

Based on nothing...just speculation.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Yep, that's what we need more of,unfounded speculation..

Why bother with facts huh?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I don't understand how Korean women can look like this - Beautiful Korean women
while the guys in the photo you posted look the way they do.

Kim Jong-un looks like a psychopathic sadist & probably is much like the older version is/was.

-B.M

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Even though this isn't relevent to the post I'm guessing these girls are South Korean...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

I have absolutely no idea. I will be the first to admit my ignorance about Korea in general, I really don't know much about them at all, I do understand that the north and south are different and that the north tend to pick a lot of fights but that's about it.

-B.M

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by allthegoodusernamestaken

Well we can't judge a book by it's cover, but it's hard not to dislike the guy isn't it?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

It has been rumored that he eats political dissidents as well.

Seriously though, this guy is a major threat. North Korea right now is a major threat. We are closer to nuclear war than we have been since 1962. This includes the 1983 Able Archer "close call."

North Korea is very "elder oriented" meaning they place vastly more respect and trust in the words of older more people rather than young people. He is already being prepped to be known as the "Fearless Leader" which in many aspects is a name that commands greater military prowess than his grandfather, Kim Il-sung, founder of North Korea from 1945-1994, who was known as the "Great Leader." People are still forced to wear images of the Great Leader on their person at all times.

Kim Jong-un not only has some big shoes to fill, he only has short period of time in which ti fill them. We can expect more hostilities from him as the winter worsens in the Koreas. He will most likely wage attacks during weather periods which he knows American soldiers and sailors are not culturally accustomed to.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by mobiusmale

Yep, that's what we need more of,unfounded speculation..

Why bother with facts huh?

It is tough to post "facts" about something that might happen in the future. Perhaps "opinion" would be a better word than speculation.

Do I really need to post links to examples of times in the past when dictators, and other "iron fisted" tyrants have used this tactic to thin out the opposition, while striking fear into the hearts of everyone within the comaand structure?

If I did, would that somehow prove that the Kim Klan will follow the same game plan? Nope.

Why is it that certain people at ATS cannot think about anything, or formulate opinions, without reading a link...or someone else's "fact sheet"?

Anyway...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
SEE PROOF RIGHT THERE to the north korean sympathizers that North Korea is in fact NOT STARVING!!

Open wide un

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Whats that they say about the nuts not falling far from the tree.?

Shin Sang-ok, a South Korean filmmaker, was kidnapped by Kim Jong Il, sent to prison, and eventually forced to make a film called Pulgasari that was basically a communist propaganda version of Godzilla. After Shin and his wife managed to escape North Korea while location scouting in Austria, Kim Jong Il shelved Pulgasari and all of Shin’s other work. Kim Jong Il has since given specific instruction to his Ministry of Culture and his communist filmmakers: “Make more cartoons.”

listverse.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well, time will tell how far the bad apple (or nut) fell from the tree I guess.

Wonder if he's as good a golfer as his dad?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

If he can keep score like his dad...

The part about him being a big drinker...

His dad has a rather outrageous liquor tab

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
A timely bump methinks .

top topics

join