It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor Roundup: Has NASA Discovered Alien Life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

Yes your point is taken that a shadow biosphere might still be a branch on a single tree of life, just very distantly removed from phosphorous-based biology. In that case, NASA might then say "well, it shows that microbes can exist in even more extreme conditions than we previously thought."

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22

Rumor Roundup: Has NASA Discovered Alien Life?

www.foxnews.com

A NASA press release announcing "an astrobiology finding" -- something that will impact the search for extraterrestrial life -- has sent shockwaves through the blogosphere.

The press release simply announces an event, set for Thursday at 2 p.m. EST, to discuss an astrobiology discovery "that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life
." Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Nasa likes alien life thats why they hide it and thats why their planetary discovery roundhouse is a joke. Note to nasa your fabricated newly discovered planetary systems are funny we know you already know Hubble has found over 10 living star systems in less than 18.3 parsecs in all directions. there are no such things as star systems that create gas giants so close to stars stop lying to us about other planetary systems that dont contain life . How about you actually show the corrected imagery of alpha centuri for a change or the fact that using simple x-ray spectroscopy you can see that mars is a dysons sphere and phobos and demos have mysteriously vanished in the last month maybe then we might actually be getting somewhere. Hey even radio interference has increased by a thousand percent from alpha centuri in the last 3 months why do think congress has been been pushing for extra bandwidth from satellite signals regardless of what fcc regulations states. I guess when earth is the least evolved planet out of all the living systems they have discovered by over 1 billion years they just dont want to hurt anyone's feelings so humans can still think they are the best!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
reply to post by Misterlondon

One...your tone is hostile and empty. Is that how you wish to work here? If so...I'll make a note of it.

Two...I am making reference to Nasa's announcement, and saying "if it was about alien bacteria" then it would be a huge discovery.

You in no way made a point or even corrected a fault in anything I said.

In other words....read before you go barking like a angry dog.

PS- while you sit there telling "me" to read all posts, why don't you start reading the rules around here? That way we can make progress together? I'm not allowed to rip you apart in a way I'd enjoy...you surly are not allowed to throw "small thought balls" at my head.

MM

My tone is neither hostile nor empty.. I just made a valid point.. You tried to correct someone when you were in fact incorrect yourself.. Nobody said it was alien bacteria, it is terrestrial, so cannot be called alien..
I have no hostility with you nor do I wish to have hostility with anybody on here.. If it was perceived that way then I must apologise.. That is not why I'm here, I just want open and candid discussions with like minded people.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Original Thread HERE

Closing Duplicate

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join