It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor Roundup: Has NASA Discovered Alien Life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com

A NASA press release announcing "an astrobiology finding" -- something that will impact the search for extraterrestrial life -- has sent shockwaves through the blogosphere.

The press release simply announces an event, set for Thursday at 2 p.m. EST, to discuss an astrobiology discovery "that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life
." Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
"I'd say that they've discovered arsenic on Titan and maybe even detected chemical evidence of bacteria utilizing it for photosynthesis," Kottke theorizes, a hypothesis short of actually confirming alien life.

hey maybe he is right, whatever it is just another step closer to disclosure!

Of course, there is always the chance that NASA has discovered alien life -- right? We'll know for sure tomorrow. Stick with FoxNews.com for complete coverage of NASA's news conference Thursday at 2 p.m. EST and be sure to check out our Twitter feed for real-time updates.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Maybe they're saying this as maybe they are worried that wikileaks might be about to disclose some secrets wink wink.

Probably not, but it's nice to dream eh!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bun-G
Maybe they're saying this as maybe they are worried that wikileaks might be about to disclose some secrets wink wink.

Probably not, but it's nice to dream eh!

The secret is fox news is going to lie tomorrow at 2pm

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Already been announced.. A uk newspaper broke the embargo, they found a new form of life, in yosemite national park. It's microbe or bacteria that is thriving In An arsenic lake.. Completely changes what science thought was the basis of life and makes the likely hood of live elsewhere In The universe an huge posibility.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Yeah, and this thread has only been posted 100 times the past days.

And no, no aliens. No E.T, only bacteria.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst

Aww i wanted to buy myself an et to clean my kitchen

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22

Originally posted by ypperst

Aww i wanted to buy myself an et to clean my kitchen

You can still buy someone to clean your kitchen...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Bacteria from "off earth", would be both "ET and aliens".

It would also be the biggest discovery in the history of science.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Yes mr.Mask, I know. And its also a big step for me aswell..
But when people says alien, they think about a highly intelligent spicies. And it's not.

And oh, have you ever belived that life could only exist as they have said all along?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

And oh, have you ever belived that life could only exist as they have said all along?

Nope...

I think life and intelligence can take forms we can't even fathom.

But what do I know?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

It's terrestrial bacteria not alien life.. Please read all posts *Snip*

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

edit on 12/2/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

I think life and intelligence can take forms we can't even fathom.

But what do I know?

Good

Same here.
And wasen't the bacteria they found, from earth? And not from space.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

stick with foxnews

stopped reading there.

Seriously though, I doubt something like this would ever be coming from mainstream media this soon. No, we have to have it documented, filed, and thrown into top secret for 60 years before the public can know about it.
edit on 2-12-2010 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22

www.foxnews.com

A NASA press release announcing "an astrobiology finding" -- something that will impact the search for extraterrestrial life -- has sent shockwaves through the blogosphere.

The press release simply announces an event, set for Thursday at 2 p.m. EST, to discuss an astrobiology discovery "that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life
." Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

READ the article!

something that will impact the search for extraterrestrial life

where in that does it say NASA has found ET?

ugh

sigh.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I am just keeping my fingers crossed for yet another disappointment
This has to be some sort of microbes.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

One...your tone is hostile and empty. Is that how you wish to work here? If so...I'll make a note of it.

Two...I am making reference to Nasa's announcement, and saying "if it was about alien bacteria" then it would be a huge discovery.

You in no way made a point or even corrected a fault in anything I said.

In other words....read before you go barking like a angry dog.

PS- while you sit there telling "me" to read all posts, why don't you start reading the rules around here? That way we can make progress together? I'm not allowed to rip you apart in a way I'd enjoy...you surly are not allowed to throw "small thought balls" at my head.

MM

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Where did anyone state NASA found alien life?

I haven't seen anyone saying they thought that.

edit on 2-12-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Many journalists have already seen the paper that will form the basis for the press event today, and they have leaked the information. NASA has not discovered life, but it has discovered a shadow biosphere (LINK) here on earth.

The implications of a shadow biosphere are massive. It could confirm that life evolved independently more than once on planet earth. That would virtually guarantee that it could have done it elsewhere in the universe.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kristobal

Do note that the article you referred to pointed out that, even if the findings confirmed a shadow biosphere to exist, they could not be taken to confirm that life on earth had multiple origins, as phosphate using organisms might have evolved from Arsenic using organisms (after all, phosphate is a lot more common in the earths crust, isn't it?). So as much as yes, thrilling exciting, doesn't confirm multiple origins of life.

Even without multiple origins of life on earth, however, doesn't the sheer volume of space (yes, I know this is recycled from Jodie Foster's 'Contact') and the number of other systems within it make it pretty crippling odds against there being no life (of whatever sort) out there somewhere?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join