It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israeli troops open fire on Lebanon'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
THIS is going to get really heated because US/Israeli forces will be conducting live missile fire drills in and around Israel.. Shooting at mock airplanes and rockets.

Sorry, I dont have a source.. I'm at work, but I can get one. It's posted on here, somewhere.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
THIS is going to get really heated because US/Israeli forces will be conducting live missile fire drills in and around Israel.. Shooting at mock airplanes and rockets.

Sorry, I dont have a source.. I'm at work, but I can get one. It's posted on here, somewhere.

Does the US really need all these drills and war games so close to conflict zones??

It's asking for trouble..
But then as usual I guess It's the other guy's fault..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Palestine Chronical

The United States and Israel have begun more than two weeks of tests to simulate missile attacks on the only country in the Middle East to possess nuclear weapons.

According to the Yediot Aharonot newspaper on Wednesday, the Juniper Cobra drills will simulate the firing of long-range missiles against Israel and will include a live missile interception.

The 16-day defence drill involves 2,000 troops from the US European Command and the Israeli army. It will put the Israeli Arrow missile defence system and three US systems through their paces.

Im looking for some other sources.

edit on 2-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Lets hope none of the missiles stray off course

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Lets hope none of the missiles stray off course

Agreed.. to add a comment to your other post I dont think the US needs to drills. Since its being held in Israel in conjunction with their forces, Israel is the one wanting the training.

Its no different than Iran holding military exercises, or Turkey holding joint exercises with China.

Singeling out Israel does not really make any sense, unless you are seeing something in this that I am missing. Also the missile tests say nothing about being done on the border.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I guess the only reason I notice it is because I'm Israeli and these posts are anti Israeli, the rest of you don't seem to care when a member of this forum posts a false article without further examination, no disclaimer of any sort, and adds to it a misleading, provocative title.

You don't seem to care, but I do. I would've reacted the same way had this been pro Israeli. Obviously I'd be less pissed off, but I'd ask the same questions.

And I'm hardly one sided, you should bother to read some of my comments now and then rather than just figure out the narrative on the first line and move on.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Singeling out Israel does not really make any sense, unless you are seeing something in this that I am missing. Also the missile tests say nothing about being done on the border.

No mate..See that's the problem here..
Some people ONLY seem to post in Israel related threads so they don't get the full picture.
I also posted in other threads against the South Korean war games and Japanese war games..

So how is that singling out Israel??

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

No mate..See that's the problem here..
Some people ONLY seem to post in Israel related threads so they don't get the full picture.
I also posted in other threads against the South Korean war games and Japanese war games..

So how is that singling out Israel??

Becuase of this thread and the post from PressTV that was very misleading. I posted a followup source, which is from the affected country, who did not make the same claims Iran did.

When I questioned the PressTV source, you told me to refute it with other information that was reliabel and I believe I did this by not only using a non western media source, but a source from the country Iran implied was affected by the ISraeli actions.

The theme I notice in threads like these, and not so much directed at you, is if the US or Israel hold wargames, its a problem, even though we are sovereign nations and can conduct our affairs as we see fit, just as Turkey, China and Iran can.

The question was by does the US need to practice, and I pointed out its not a US sponsored event, but being conducted by Israel within Israeli territory. The follow comment was hopefully they dont fire missiles in the wrong direction. I can draw a conclusion based on that comment but I wont, because its irrelevant to what was going on.

As I said before I dont agree with everything Israel does, but at the same time the crosshairs they are palced in is just one side of the story. The other side of the story is Arab countries are just as guilty as what Israel is accused of.

What people seek is the truth, which means seeing all sides of the equation and finding a common solution.

As an example if Israel kills someone who launched missiles into Israel, the headlines are Israel is killing innocent civilians, while the coverage, aside from some western media outlets, fails to mention the catalyst. Just as the OP article failed to mention the fact the rounds never entered lebanese territory, or the fact Israel was conducting military excersizes at the time.

The reason for omitting this info by Iran is it was counter to the propoganda they wanted pushed, which was Israel fired into Lebanon in yet another unwarranted and unprovoked attack.

I will sy it again, because we are stuck in a cycle. The truth is ALL sides of an issue, not just one side. The truth is the use of factual evidence that is not tweak by omissions distortions or misrepresentations. Both sides partake in this, but conviently the only side called out is Israel. When Arab countries are called out, proof is demanded.

In this case proof that PressTV was wrong in the manner it reported the incident was given, namely by Lebanese news sources. Instead of taking that info, the counter argument is how do we know that source is truthful. The argument given was PRessTV was beleiveable by some because of their view of Israel and any information that contradicts that, regardless of source, is questionable.

See the issue now? People are so determined to blame Israel that they don't care about finding out the truth for each issue called into question. This is no different than Muslims being pissed because they are constantly grouped in with extremists.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I really don't know what you are saying..
I have'nt once said Israel did anything wrong in this thread..
I mentioned the missiles because the US and Israel ARE doing live missile tests to check Israel missile defence system..Thats a fact..Operation Cobra or something..

And as I've also stated, I've voiced my opinion against ALL these war games, US, Israel,Korea and Japan..

They are all provocative and mostly in close range of known enemies....

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

He meant singling out Israel in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, not singling Israel out of the whole world.

I only respond in matter relating Israel because I don't feel I know the whole truth about matters of other areas.

I guess some people think they know anything about everything because they read pressTV.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

He meant singling out Israel in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, not singling Israel out of the whole world.

I only respond in matter relating Israel because I don't feel I know the whole truth about matters of other areas.

I guess some people think they know anything about everything because they read pressTV.

Well I don't rely on PressTV or the Jeruselum Post..
Good research means checking details from both sides of the debate then trying to sort out the BS..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I agree, but it doesn't work when every piece of information that supports your opinion is immediately dubbed 'the truth', and everything that isn't is the other sides' propaganda and is, thus, complete and utter BS.

Look at how people went about researching flotilla videos, for example, or how people look at Israeli released videos from Cast Lead, or how people see Israeli aggression.. Most people aren't as fair in their research as you are, I could say the same for many pro Israelis.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Which is exactly what I have been saying. For people to research and find corroborating information to verify the facts. People are to quick to find one source that matches whatever agenda they want to push.

Providing information to make a point is fine, as is open debate and discussion there of. However, when one source is provided, and other sources that contradict the first are found, the validity of the contradicting reports are dismissed.

To use you and I as an example:

But if you wish to dispute the thread then you should post information from a credible source with different information...

So I did, providing information from the Lebanon Star who covered the events as well.

Israel conducts military drills near disputed Ghajar village

I provided a second source that was along the same lines as Irans release, but the Lebanses report placed the incident into context, which PressTV fails to do whenever it comes to Israel and the US.

This is what I got in return when an article contradicted the Iranian info:

Originally posted by amkia

Honestly..??

Presstv is an Iranian state run propaganda unit, everyone knows that. But what makes you think that your source speaks of truth.??

Then we move into this from you:

Does the US really need all these drills and war games so close to conflict zones??

It's asking for trouble..
But then as usual I guess It's the other guy's fault..

We shift from topic to topic in a manner where the OP goes adter Israel, info is provided to counter it, only to then have the source attacked and questioned by one, and a spin by you in terms of it asking if America needed to conduct drills near a conflict zone.

We are not hosting the drills, Israel is. I find it intresting that people point that out, but mention nothing when Hezbullah does the same thing on the Israeli border.

This is where its one sided. People are soc quick to blame Israel for whatever they can, they ignore the entire story, only picking out the parts that support their position. Anything that refutes it, is unreliable, propoganda etc etc.

Wargames are a necessary so 2 nations can practice in conjunction with each other. And again, I will point out that you dont think the wargames / drills are needed, either in Israel or Japan or Korea.

What I fail to see is any condemnation of the actions of North Korea, who is the provocateur in that case.

What would you have countries do, not do anything at all to upset a country who are a problem? At what point did we become more concerned about not pissing of a country with sinister intentions, instead of taking a stand against those countries?
edit on 3-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join