It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reed "Obelisk" Was NOT Based On Hayakawa's Website Logo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The usual disclaimer: Mods, if this topic was already covered, please cancel thread.

From day 1 I never accepted "Dr." Jonathan Reed's claims of his experiences. Too absurd. Then I started reading presentations disclosing Reed's faked past and I also read where Reed had gotten the idea for his
"obelisk". I visited the Hayakawa website and, sure enough, there was the "obelisk" as Hayakawa's website logo. Another nail in the coffin. I also read articles at rense.com when it was called SIGHTINGS and, for some reason, forgot what I read!

Lately, there have been threads here dealing with Reed and I wanted to put in my 2 cents by showing a source where you could see the Hayakawa logo and agree that Reed had stolen the design. But no matter how much I searched I couldn't come up with the website, a photo of the logo, or anything linking Hayakawa and Reed over the logo/"obelisk".

Today, while looking at old mail in a secondary mail addy I came across the rense.com articles URLs and I read them again and I was surprised to find out that instead of Reed stealing Hayakawa's logo graphic, it was Hayakawa's website designed who borrowed the Reed "obelisk" to "test" viewer's opinions.

Here is the Reed "obelisk" doing service as Hayakawa's website logo, and below the links to rense.com so that you can read the old articles dealing with Reed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e63d4f8851eb.jpg[/atsimg]

Reed Speech At The IUFOC - Another Dagger In Heart Of UFOlogy?
2-21-00

SIGHTINGS
www.rense.com...

Within a day of the posting of the obelisk comparison, I received an email from an the "designer" telling me to "REMOVE PICTURES IMMEDIATELY!" He claimed: Not only was it (the 'obelisk') a cropping of artwork "he made" for Norio, but it had absolutely nothing to do with the Reed alien hoax whatsoever. The "designer" went on to say, the logo was on Norio's site for about a week and then people started emailing him about this Reed hoax of which he did not want anything to do with, and added, in his honest opinion he felt it was a hoax as well. He ended up by admitting, he did design it to look similar on purpose to see if anyone would respond - to show people how easy it is to hoax a graphic. Little did he know it would receive such a response."

SIGHTINGS (Rense)
Dr. Reed's Alleged Deadly ET Encounter Drawing Heated Responses
11-22-98

Subject: More Reed Hoax Evidence
12-11-98

www.rense.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Nice detective work.

So do you think this lends any credence at all to Reed's claims?
edit on 2/12/2010 by MarrsAttax because: typo

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax
Nice detective work.

So do you think this lends any credence at all to Reed's claims?
edit on 2/12/2010 by MarrsAttax because: typo

Thanks. No, I do not think that Reed has been able to counter all of the things said about his invented background. Additionally, you have to think about the photos/films/videos and how they were acquired. I have not read about Reed walking around in the woods with his dog and a camera or camcorder. And the photographic experts with their opinions about the reality of the photos of the "obelisk".

new topics

join