It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US judge says lesbians can be 'cured' by male soldiers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Get this guy out right now.

Get all these old farts out right now.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
....each person has a right to their own sexuality......

Our military members hang up their "rights" when they swear in. A military member in uniform can't yell out "I like to bang red heads" while in uniform because they have to act professional and have a military bearing.

Gays have been given the right above everyone else in our military and now can put on our military uniform and scream "I'm gay and I want to pack all your fudge"....and everyone must keep their mouth shut and act professional. Meanwhile the guy standing next to the gay soldier still can't yell out "I like to bang red heads"...he has to act professional.

The gays don't. They are now better than everyone else.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nohopeever

I think most people who say "dont touch me" are more concerned with the rampant diseases like AIDS that the Homosexual community spreads like wildfire.

Just FYI, you can't that just by "touching" either.

Do you find your ignorance to be as blissful as they say it is?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

You are making things up.
Nothing else to say.
Except maybe you are delusional as well, if you actually believe what you say.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
the question that i ask is why would any one choose to be gay if they had the option to just be straight, I do not mean this as an insult to homosexual people but i would think that their lives would be a whole lot easier if they could just wake up one morning and be straight. obviously there are places such as London, Amsterdam, San Francisco etc.... where being gay is not such an issue any more and people may welcome their own homosexuality but even in these places it would still be more difficult to start a family.
I wonder if this method works in the opposite way and what happens lesbians had sex with gay men or straight women. I also wonder about the sexual orientation of a person who could come out with such a paranoid statement about homosexuality even if it is aimed at the opposite sex.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
the question that i ask is why would any one choose to be gay if they had the option to just be straight, I do not mean this as an insult to homosexual people but i would think that their lives would be a whole lot easier if they could just wake up one morning and be straight. obviously there are places such as London, Amsterdam, San Francisco etc.... where being gay is not such an issue any more and people may welcome their own homosexuality but even in these places it would still be more difficult to start a family.
I wonder if this method works in the opposite way and what happens lesbians had sex with gay men or straight women. I also wonder about the sexual orientation of a person who could come out with such a paranoid statement about homosexuality even if it is aimed at the opposite sex.

Sorry, but I am having a bit of difficulty trying to understand what you are actually saying.

I don't think anyone would disagree about it possibly being easier to be straight than gay. That fact alone should tell people that it obviously then isn't just a choice -- it is not something you can just "choose" one way or the other.

Now, to take the other side of the coin, I don't think anyone's life is necessarily easier than anyone else's just because of their sexuality. Once you come to terms with being gay, life can then be great and filled still with lots of challenges just related to getting on with life. We all have our burdens and lessons to learn, straight or gay, regardless.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
yes sorry i dont think i put my point into words very well, but the world is a big place with different places and cultures. while a person may be gay, happy and proud of it in some areas of this world like the places mentioned in my last post as well as many other places in the civilised world but i would say that the US army aswell as the British army would not be one of these places, never mind places like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Being Gay is seen as a sin or forbidden by many of the mainstream religions today and this may be wrong but it is the truth.
P.S the lower part of my last post was not a serious thought in my mind, merely just a guess at the logic (or lack of) behind this particular judge's train of thought.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

why didn't they start this program when I was in the military? lol

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
And this is just another reason why I'd never even want to step foot in the south. It's like the Afghanistan of America. How he got his job as a judge is particularly of concern....Well, I would be if I were in the south, but I bet people in the south probably agree with his statement.

Honestly, this statement is just as ignorant as the one that the judge made. You and him are the same apparently.

The judge is an idiot. Thats bout all you can say about the situation. Oh, and ask that he resign.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
reply to post by Portugoal

why didn't they start this program when I was in the military? lol

So wait, you would actually be FOR the whole corrective rape thing?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
So wait, you would actually be FOR the whole corrective rape thing?
I've heard people make comments similar to the judge about converting lesbians, and the context in those cases was "once they find out what they've been missing", which also implied that their previous hetero experiences, if any, may have been with a less than optimal partner, etc, and maybe other implications too. But I don't think any of the people I heard make comments like that inferred rape.

Sure the Judge's comment may be ignorant, but to say the judge was promoting rape is putting words in his mouth that he didn't actually say as far as I can tell.

He did separately talk about men having tendencies to rape, but given there are men in prison for rape, I'd say it's a fact that at least some men have a tendency to rape. I'd have to read the entire unaltered article to put everything in context, but it's been removed. I'm not trying to defend the judge, so much as point out that people putting words in his mouth that he didn't actually say, isn't any better behavior than the judges behavior.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

“Shouldn’t the overwhelmingly straight warriors who answer their county’s call be spared the indignity of showering with other men who achieve lascivious enjoyment from the sight of those lithe naked bodies, and who may be tempted to seek more than the view?”

"Lithe naked bodies"? Methinks the good judge would like to shower with the male soldiers.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
And this is just another reason why I'd never even want to step foot in the south. It's like the Afghanistan of America. How he got his job as a judge is particularly of concern....Well, I would be if I were in the south, but I bet people in the south probably agree with his statement.

Hey hey hey! Don't go lumping all southerners with this guy. Most of the people I know down here would either laugh in this guys face or throw a punch into it, maybe both.

Ugh, just the fact that your broad generalization got stars gives me the vapors. *Fans herself and sips on her sweet tea.*
edit on 2-12-2010 by angrymomma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Why does everyone keep saying " rape " ?????

He said "convert" .... not "rape" .

Such things can be heard in male locker rooms all across america, I agree it's dumb, but people are dumb.

I just dont understand why everyone is saying he's advocating rape when he said no such thing.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Well, in defense of those saying rape, what lesbian do you know that would voluntarily have sex with a man? Not being facetious, just wondering.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

None, .... but that doesnt stop them from trying

It's always been somewhat of a running joke between straight and gay people ...... who can convert who.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by angrymomma

None, .... but that doesnt stop them from trying

Touche

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I hqve to agree, that kind of behavour is not acceptable. I still think that people have a right to their sexuality, but not in that way.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Such things can be heard in male locker rooms all across america, I agree it's dumb, but people are dumb.

I just dont understand why everyone is saying he's advocating rape when he said no such thing.

The actual language from the link is :

Mr Rehyansky, of Hamilton County, Tennessee, argued that men were naturally more promiscuous than women and “it fell to men to swing through the trees and scour the caves in search of as many women as possible to subdue and impregnate – a tough job but someone had to do it”.

Is there some other interpretation of "subdue and impregnate" other than rape?
Yes he wasn't just referring to lesbians in that statement, it twas all women, but it still sounds pretty much like rape to me; especially considering that lesbians, by definition would not likely submit willingingly to a man subduing them for the purpose of getting them pregnant.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

But isn't he implying it?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join