It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could someone give me insight to these happenings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Lately some events have been happening and I'm not disturbed as much as I would like some insight to them. The first happened about a year and a half ago when me and my brother were sitting in my room and my tv randomly turned on and then turned off. We have also hurt noises of things falling and when we go to look nothing has fallen and everything is the same as it was earlier.
The next few have been a little bit more crazy. Last weekend me and my friend were at my house playing PS3 and having a few shots and after awhile I took a nap becuase I had to work in the morning. After about 2 hours my friend woke me up and said he heard heavy breathing coming from my kitchen and thought he percieved whatever it was to be abot 6 ft to 7 ft tall. Soon after we just dissmissed it as nothing. Yesterday I was home alone and as I was getting out of the shower I heard a male voice say my name in a casual tone. I wasn't really freaked out, but curious and more alert afterwards.
Today after I came home from going to town I noticed that a stupid home decoration picture frame was on the floor in the bathrom and I know for sure it wasn't when I had left. It was even oddly placed because where it is placed is behind the toilet on a shelf and it was on the floor like placed on the floor facing you when you walk in the door. I even slammed the garage door to see if it woould not it off the shelf because the bathroom is close to the garage door and it was no where near knocking it off the shelf?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Umm, I suggest you set up basic recording equipment, ie audio/video recorder and see what happens, it should at least give you peace of mind because that does sound pretty weird, two days ago I could have sworn the lights in my kitchen were on and somebody was cooking, I walked into the adjacent living room to get a cigarette came back out and nothing.. No light on, no sounds.. It freaked me out a little.
Sometimes your mind plays tricks on you, but only sometimes.. Sorry I couldn't help more.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
No real idea, and I'm no expert - but have you:

a) Been dabbling with the paranormal on a more practical level lately, ie, ouiji board, cards or anything
b) Your admiration for the subject, have you been rubbing it off on your family and friends, it could be heightening your curiosity and theirs, moreso, it could be inducing fear in yourself and others (not necessarily intentionally) but that can sometimes attract these strange things.
c) Are you generally fearful of things?

My friend was telling me yesterday how the other week she was in bed, and thought she heard her grandpa call her, only to find he was asleep. But she said the voice sounded real and there, and that's why she got up to check, and ended up being very freaked out. But she says she's been seeing people at the end of her bed too.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Your curiosity makes sense, I have experienced a knocking sound coming from the wall since I moved into my new abode and would like to hear others thoughts on it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Probably you have ghosts or demons in your house I would guess. There are several ways to deal with them, the best way in my opinion is to start self-cultivation and read the book Zhuan Falun. To cultivateoneself is too hard for most people but here is the link to Zhuan Falun anyway about life, supernormal powers and the meaning of everything: www.falundafa.org...

The second best way is to remember and recite the following words whenever there is trouble heading your way(they tend to come now and then for most people):

Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good.

Believe and recite and see for yourself what happens.

PS: www.clearwisdom.net...
edit on 2-12-2010 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jamo2o1o

Thanks for the reply. I haven't exactly jumped to conclusions and thought its a ghost or whatever it may be, but there has been some weird happenings.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

No I haven't tried the ouiji board or anything provoking such experiences as I would like to avoid them and atleast know that something bad could happen. I can tell you that if I saw someone standing at the end of my bed I would be pretty freaked out.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexxxsx

Maybe something happened in the house before you lived there? My parents built this house about 10 years ago so I can rule out anything happening in the house prior to when we lived here though.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

I haven't been threatened and wouldn't outright say it would be a ghost or demon, but I will keep this in mind.
2nd

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?
reply to post by Gaussq

I haven't been threatened and wouldn't outright say it would be a ghost or demon, but I will keep this in mind.
2nd

Ok about the ghosts, never mind them. Anyway, if you have interest in supernormal powers and third eye, try to read the book, it is hard to understand first but worthwhile... Especially chapter two, if you manage to read that chapter you will know what I am talking about.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It certainly sounds like some of the events you describe may be paranormal in origin. As far as what is the cause of such phenomena, I don't know.

Please remember anyone that suggests that you have ghosts and/or demons--or even Fred Flintstone--in your house is expressing their opinion. If you do a thorough job researching/debunking the phenomena, you may determine that is is paranormal in origin, but to say it was caused by a ghost is not a leap of faith I'm NOT willing to make as a competent paranormal investigator regardless of my beliefs. There is simply no proof that the cause of the phenomena is due to a ghost. Of course there is no proof that ghosts even exist. If the existence of ghosts was proven, then perhaps, the phenomena could have been caused by a ghost.

I'm sorry, and it may just be splitting hairs, but we all need to realize that belief in ghosts is just that, a belief. So, my sincerest guess is that the activity is being caused by Fred Flintstone. Apparently, he's moved out of your television into your house. No, seriously, there is just as much evidence for that as there is for the activity being caused by ghosts or demons.

If I were you, I would contact a local crew of ghost hunters or paranormal investigators. My crew involves clients in the actual investigation, so considering your level of interest I would only pick a group that allows you to be part of the investigation. Perhaps your suspicions that the activity is paranormal in origin could be confirmed. You may want to consider furthering your interest in the paranormal and try to form and/or join a team of paranormal investigators.

What you do with it--the paranormal activity--at that point is really up to you. You could consider a cleansing to assist any trapped "ghosts" to move on to the other-side or--like most of our residential clients--learn to live with their "incorporeal roommates."

Good luck.

Bobby Elgee; Sights Unseen Paranormal
edit on 2-12-2010 by Bobby Elgee because: corrected misspelling

edit on 2-12-2010 by Bobby Elgee because: spotted another spelling error

edit on 2-12-2010 by Bobby Elgee because: error in word usage

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

So what was the picture of?

Edit to add: These things maybe happening to you due to experimenting with meditation and other practices. You might have unwittingly allowed something into your 'temple'.
edit on 2-12-2010 by iamnot because: (no reason given)

top topics

join