It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Alright, I've been having dreams as of late of a certain man. He is in every dream, benign or symbolic. He's quite old and I seem to have some connection to him, as if a friend from a past life. Anyway, here are the passages from my dream journal and maybe you all can help me decipher them:

June 14
I see an old man in a white-grey robe. He reminds me of a Gandalf-like figure. The sun is just setting and the sky and grass beneath is red. The man nods in acknowledgment, then smiles and chuckles.

He says something like "You can't stop it, but I enjoy your attempts."

Just as the sky turns dark from the setting, the grass catches fire. It burns midway and then stops.

The man says "Tabula Rasa". (Which is "blank slate", I believe.)

June 28
I see the man again. Now he is sitting in a chair. I feel as if I am interviewing him. I ask him what I am doing here.

Him: "Shinde, shinde, shinde, shinde..." (dead, dead, dead, dead)
Me: "Please, who are you?"
Him: "Please, who are you?"
Me: "I don't have time for this. I must know who you are."
Him: "Don't ask me, ask him."

The man signals to his side which reveals a strange creature. It has a bipedal fox-like body, similar to a werewolf and a disproportionate fox-head. It roars loudly and the dream ends.

July 1
I am in my room. I get up from my bed and look out the window which overviews another roof. The man is peering over the side. I crawl out the window and walk to him.

Me: "What are you doing?"
Him: "I'm jumping."
Me: "Why?"
Him: "He follows me everywhere."
Me: "The fox?"
Him: "Eyes deceive. He is not really there."
Me: "Then what are you running from?"
Him: "Questions, questions, questions! Shut up!"

He jumps and hits the ground which is only about 5 feet down. He looks up.

Him: "He can't find me now, can he?"

Well, that's all I've got as of now. Any interpretations of who this man is or symbolizes?

((By the way, this is in predictions because this seems like a prophetic sort of thing))

[edit on 2-7-2004 by iceofspades]

[edit on 2-7-2004 by iceofspades]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The interpretation is really going to hinge on your personal meanings for these dream elements. I can only hazard a guess based on broad archetypes:

Old man/Gandalf: Your Higher Self. God. Your spirit guide.
The Fox: Your "lower self"...your bestial nature. In direct opposition to your Higher Self. Fox can also represent the Trickster figure, the figure that throws seeming monkey-wrenches and other disasters in your way -- with the bigger purpose of forcing you to grow as a person.

The following dream symbols would be even more personal to you and my interpretations only serve as a suggestion:
Red grass: grass marks the passage of time, like hair growth...their red color may designate the growth of a human being...red like flesh or blood.
Setting sun: the twilight of years, the ending of a cycle
"You can try but can't stop it": life goes on, cycles begin and end.
The grass burns halfway, then stops: life is eternal...you can cut or burn grass but it grows back.
"tabula rasa": and then you start anew again, fresh.

the other dreams seem to indicate that you are finishing one cycle in your life...not a death, but the death of a particular cycle in your life. You may find that things change in your life, certain situations end and the seeds of new ones begin. The agent of this disaster? Fox, the trickster figure who causes seeming "problems" in order that you might grow further. It may feel like you're freefalling off the roof, but it is a drop of only 5 feet & harmless. The Gandalf figure & the Fox figure are just two sides of the same coin. And both are You, as well.

In these respects, these might be predictive dreams about your life. Are there things in your life that seem stale that you are nevertheless holding on to? Are you on the threshold of change & revolution & rebirth in your life?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Wow, dead on. Yes, I have just come out as being bisexual and it has indeed caused problems. I've been kicked out of my mom's house and my stepfather who was perhaps one of the kindest and gentlest men I ever knew nearly broke my arm out of anger. These dreams seem to fit perfectly.

*sigh*

Thank you very much, Cassie.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Cassie brings up a good point. Have you been going through any big changes in your life, like losing a job or starting a new one, moving, beginning or ending a relationship, or have you been grappling with the idea of beginning a large change in your life ?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yes ^_^ I think your post was 3 minutes late

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
lol yep, not sure if we were posting at the same time, or sometimes i have to refresh my page before recent posts will show up, either way sorry. Good Luck!

new topics

top topics

join