It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the admins who run this site.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
As a new member, i signed up because there were and are a lot of convos going on that i was interested in.

later on all i see is warning this warning that.. admin removed this cuz it was from another site...dont say this..dont say that... and frankly its driving me away from this forum simply because as much as you try to get across that people can say what they want... all i have been reading today and noticing is what i mentioned above...

so here is my question... just so maybe if i get to know you maybe il like this forum more and know what your real goal is here....

who are you guys/girls....why are you admins and who is really in charge of this site/forum...hell if you could tell me the whole story behind ATS thad be even better... only reason i ask is cause i thought the point of this forum was to get information from different sources and state said info on here to share with everyone else... but when your telling people what not to say and respect this and that...its almost like our own little world of censorship right here...
why links are getting removed just cause its from another site is beyond me when you already state that you need to note your source...
As long as i have been reading here, aside from normal debates and slight arguments...i still have seen nothing but respect between the users... so why we cant say certain things is weirdly contradicting.

So lets hear it... who are you people... and what was your real goal in starting this site.

and if anyone else has anything to say about it...lets hear it..good or bad.. i will not feel disrespected by anything as i clearly believe you can say wut ever you want.. and were all gunna wake up tmoro and it will be a new day and any hard feelings will be forgoten.

ps: first time creating a thread here so sorry if its in the wrong section.. feel free to move it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
THE QUESTION IS NOT WHO THEY ARE, IT IS WHO YOU ARE?!?

Honestly i heard one of the admins was actually a penguin, true story.

edit on 1-12-2010 by Socratic Method because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Socratic Method

Brian.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
they do the things they do to keep things contiguous and copyright infringement free IMHO

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I admit, I too questions the way things work, but now I actually understand a little.

If they were to just let people go about willy nilly then things would quickly get flooded with uninformed people, and disinfo agents just jamming everything up.

There is a method to there madness, we may not always like it, but I do understand the point.

It also cuts down on spammers

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by machines4200

Brian!?

Is that you??

Well, this IS the "conspiracies in religion" forum. After all.....(EDIT: Darn! They moved it to the proper FORUM...now the joke makes little sense.....oh, well.....)....

How's that "messiah" thing going for ya?:

edit on 1 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

i think copyright involves more than just posting a link.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
I admit, I too questions the way things work, but now I actually understand a little.

If they were to just let people go about willy nilly then things would quickly get flooded with uninformed people, and disinfo agents just jamming everything up.

There is a method to there madness, we may not always like it, but I do understand the point.

i completely agree... im not saying they shouldnt remove ANYTHING... if someones spamming get that # outta there... i dont think anything i mentioned would "flood" the site if changed but i know what your saying and that im ok with.. but i dont quite think its the case.... im almost wondering if its just a power trip kinda thing..

PS to buddy above... great monty python clip ahaha

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture

i completely agree... im not saying they shouldnt remove ANYTHING... if someones spamming get that # outta there... i dont think anything i mentioned would "flood" the site if changed but i know what your saying and that im ok with.. but i dont quite think its the case.... im almost wondering if its just a power trip kinda thing..

PS to buddy above... great monty python clip ahaha

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
see... last i checked were all adults and even if you 15.. i dont think your going to quite be offended by swear words... they censored my [SNIP] into a pound symbol... not the end of the world but again.. i question why the censorship.
edit on Thu Dec 2 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Many (if not most) cases of posts being removed, are a result of regular posters alerting the mods of inappropriate posts, spamming, personal spats, etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The rules are pretty straight forward

no flaming other people
no linking to known hoax sites or a clear attempt to funnel people away

Just take a few minutes reading through the terms and conditions...this website is for having intelligent debates without all the background noise of nonsense other websites on the net have...and it does a good job.

once in a great while, the odd admin may make a kneejerk reaction while trying to squash a flamewar, but otherwise, I would say the rules here are refreshing and allows for maximum subject discussion without the endless off topic railroading or personal insults to detract from the subject itself.

Its not everyones cup of tea...4chan is a alternative if your into chaos and endless flames.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by machines4200

ON a serious note....

You could take time to read the Terms and Conditions.

Profanity is mentioned. And, circumvention, by the means you chose there, etc. Frowned on.

I'd link the T & Cs, but you can search, and practice learning the site that way!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
As a person that is a new member, but has been around ATS for several years I recognize that some rules and regulations are needed to keep some order and decorum. I appreciate the fact that this is a free site, and since coming to ATS I have learned more information then I will ever learn at any other like site that I have been to. With that being said I have also noticed that some members do get preferential treatment over others in what they are allowed to say and do. The other night a certain member posted in the UFO forum a personal experience without any corroborating evidence. I did this and it was moved to the Grey Area. Of course that member was the Owner of the site so I suppose he gets a pass. There are a lot of rules that I do not understand, but I love this site, and I can see how it might not be the great site that it is without the rules and regulations.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by machines4200
see... last i checked were all adults and even if you 15.. i dont think your going to quite be offended by swear words... they censored my [SNIP] t into a pound symbol... not the end of the world but again.. i question why the censorship.

Swearing is a shortcut to thinking...if you cannot make an articulate post without the need to toss in curse words, then perhaps a board for intellectual discussions is not for you

oh, and expect that also to be censored for trying to circumvent the filter.

sometimes its best to simply play by the rules, or don't play the game..but the website will not bend to what -you- want it to be either way...you don't walk into a restaurant and tell them what they serve, you don't turn the news on and tell them what they will report...and on ATS...you will not be telling them how they will run their personal business.

Welcome to reality...don't like it? 30 bucks will buy you a domain..good luck
edit on Thu Dec 2 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: censor circumvention in quote

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yeah, you might not be use to a place online that has rules, but trust me, it makes this place so much better than the other sites.

We want intelligent debate and conversation here, not chest slapping, fear mongering and name calling within threads. This is why you see things removed.

We expect people to discuss topics like adults.

There's a reason ATS is the world's #1 conspiracy website.

I suggest you read the T&C.

As far as who is in charge of this site. NSA, FBI, CIA, pick one of the 3 letter agencies. Or talk to the " 3 Amigos".

Although the last guy who asked this many questions dissapeared...

Where's the tin foil hat emoticon when you need it..

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Moderating is hard, tiring, monotonous work done by people who, other than being Mods, are just plain ole members like you. Read the Terms and Conditions of use. and then imagine keeping everything, posted by everyone, 1000's of posts a day, all nice, friendly and safe.
Over the course of years this site has been around, changes have been made to keep it all lubricated and running smooth , so you, the average member of ATS can peruse and communicate with other like minded folks. They fight the spammers and frauds. They wrangle members who can't play nice and remind them that this isn't their website, we are all just participants, and if they conduct themselves in a manner not befitting the above linked Terms and Conditions of use, that they are more than encouraged to go make their own website and do whatever they want to, thank you very much.

Wait....what was the question?

Cuhail
(ex-ATS insider)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by machines4200 if you could tell me the whole story behind ATS thad be even better...

I second this! i would love to read a brief history of how ATS came to be. The behind the scenes stuff like how the 3 amigos met and such . If such a thread exists I would love a link)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

edit on 1-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I have yet to visit a site on the internet that is not some sort of
agenda based design. Keeping out those who disagree with the
main views and any view other than what the majority have is against the rules.

Maybe ATS is the same. I suspect it probably is.

After all, it is like an Asylum only for internet types and conspiracy theorists.

A splendid bunch of different people with the same look Oliver had when he asked "please sir, can I have some more".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join