It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland's Mysterious Boulder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
www.dailygalaxy.com...

Quote from source:
After the Eyjafjallajokull volcano in Iceland erupted earlier this year dusrupting daily life throughout Europe, the heat it generated melted the adjacent glaciers, exposing the rocks and debris that now litter the valley. This huge unearthly rock, 15 meters tall and weighing 900 tons is one of them. It's been in its current location for only eight months.

How did it get there?

Thats one damn big rock.

It shows the power of glaciers and the amount of weight that can be moved.

I just had to share this picture because I saw it and was like WOW.

Maybe after the last ice age stones like this were littered everywhere and thats how some of the old civilizations used such huge rocks. Rather than moving them they found them.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Take that Egypt!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
what i dont get is if this was in ice... but its only been there for 8 months... which how we know that is beyond me...maybe the fact that its completely above ground or 8 months is only as long as they have seen it there... i dont get why they wonder how it got there... how did any rock get where it was.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
well i dont know what the mystery is, as the quote from source clearly explains it(then asks' how did it get there?)

but damn ! thats a big rock. nice pic .

edit on 1-12-2010 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by machines4200

I think they meant in one piece.

Interesting to see how these pieces of rock are moved. I think it was a naked science titled great lakes that showed this process and it was amazing.

Pred...

new topics

top topics

join