It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The perfect music for deaf people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Weird huh? LOL!

Let me explain: last week at my job, while I was taking my break outside, I heard some loud music coming from a car in the parking lot. I thought, wow those speaker are really powerfull!

But it turned out that the music was coming from the car of my deaf coworker! He told me that even if he can't hear at all,, he can feel the bass.

He can feel the beat!

I thought that it was really cool, so I told him that instead of listening to the radio, I was going to make him a CD with the best beats. Something with a lot of bass, you know?

Guys, I need your help with this. If you have any suggestion of songs (any genre) or if you are a musician or beat maker and can make some cool bass tracks for my coworker, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge

There are CD's you can get that are purely bass. They use them to test car stereo set ups and at SPL competitions (spl = sound pressure level)

They do have a tune of sorts, but it's mainly extreme bass notes.

Edit to add
Heres one

edit on 1-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Party all the time by Eddie Murphy

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge

Dubstep!!!!!!

youtube: Excision, Datsik, Funtcase, Cookie Monsta, SPl, Antiserum, 16-bit...........

Goodluck!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge

Also your going to have to buy him a car like this

To my shame I had 2 15" subs in my car and over 2500watts when I was younger.......
It was a long time ago

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Some 30 or 40 years ago they had a device called a bone phone where you could hear the radio through your bones. It was a cloth covered cylindrical device wrapped around your neck and you were suppose to hear music. Now I know that didn't make it too well but you might want to see if you can locate one and see if it works on the deaf. Now that would be interesting.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge

I can't help you with picking any songs really, aside from mentioning that dubstep has some really grimy bass. But you should submit your question to Reddit.com ( reddit.com/r/askreddit ) I'm sure a lot of people will help you out. I'm not spamming for reddit, I just think people will be more interested in your question there.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Thank you all for the suggestions!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Are there any deaf people here? If so or you know a lot about deafness i have some questions. I want to know if you can sense pitches somehow. I was imagining vibrations at different pitches, like the different vibrations of a tuning fork... if you can distinguish the different vibration and incorporate it into a mental understanding of sound. I feel kinda stupid asking this question but I don't understand whether or not a deaf person hears anything at all in their head.... like audible thoughts or if a blind person can imagine a vision... like as in dreams or third eye vision.

I mean why not? I guess it could be... I don't know. maybe it depends on what kind of deafness or blindness a person has.

I have just been curious about it. I knew they often enjoy percussion.

I live near a deaf girl and was going to try to learn some sign to talk to her but she always has paper and pens. I gave her some because she is a really good freestyle artist. She doodles a lot with pens, without erasure and she is really good. She tells stories with her doodles. It's crazy.
edit on 8-5-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by Redge

There are CD's you can get that are purely bass. They use them to test car stereo set ups and at SPL competitions (spl = sound pressure level)

They do have a tune of sorts, but it's mainly extreme bass notes.

Edit to add
Heres one

edit on 1-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

We use those at car shows for competitions too. Some of them don't actualy have beats on them but just one really long boom. Be careful what you buy with these.

new topics

top topics

join