It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outstanding-----UFOs Filmed in Glastonbury U.K..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Hey Fire (the voice of reason)

I think whether a crop circle formed the following day (or that evening) is an important factor. Because if this woman who was filming, was crop circle hunting that evening (as a previous poster suggested) then we (or I) should find out what transpired.

I can't escape the fact that this IS an active crop circle producing piece of real estate.
So until then, this could be anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I wondered about that too, does it follow up the video on the documentary to see if there was a crop circle?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I know you people know that I want so badly for one of these videos to be un-bunkable so, I do maintain my stubbornness but, why do military personnel practice their flare dropping over private land like this? Or even public land for that matter?

Don't they have a budget of a quadrillion dollars to have bases? And besides, they have (at last count) 5 oceans to drop flares over. And England is an island. So????

What if one of these 'flares' set a house on fire (or a Bed and Breakfast in this case)?

Are they that desperate for flare-space?

I don't know. Just can't seem to buy this flare business especially after the Phoenix Lights lie.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

No. Guess we'll have to wait for the movie

You should really watch the documentary though. I thought it was excellent. But then again, I thought these were UFOs too!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

She did an excellent job filming that! So unusal for folks to be able to handle a camera!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Hey!

I decided to look on google maps at avebury just to see the general area and look what I found

cool!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sadly I wouldn't personally class out of focus footage one of the best. It shows lights over Avebury perhaps, seen through the eyes of what sound like tourist circle hunters. If the camera had been focused properly we may have had a slightly better indication of what these lights are. Date is also essential and lacking, direction of the camera would be useful too.

The bit where one "appears" is the most convincing part of the video to me, but to be honest, with RAF Lyneham just 8 miles away from Avebury, I think it's probably just military exercises. That isn't to say I don't believe strange things happen in that area, but these "lights lingering over the top of hills" never really do it for me, because anyone can go out and see that if they live within 100 miles of an airport and a few miles from some hills.

Edit. Human_Alien: Judging by the footage the lights aren't anywhere near the hill in the video, they're miles behind it.
edit on 1-12-2010 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
Look abit like vimanas.

But flares seem like a good explanation.

That is what I thought when I saw the video. I watched this B movie, The Objective the other night online. It was set in Afghanistan and was about these military guys and a CIA or some secret ops agent looking for something in the desert. It turns out he is looking for Vimanas that are later shown in the movie and they kind of looked like this. For it being a B type movie that was only released in one theater it was actually pretty good and the acting was good as well. I don't remember the details but it had something to do with the CIA/Secret Op guy believing the Vimanas were weapons and well they show them doing some cool stuff but it's just a movie. Anyway, it was still pretty good imo and this video made me think of that movie and vimanas.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

uk military owns alot of land and its usually close to civilian areas. flares are used to illuminate targets for ground exercises or whatever they do, its not a case of them testing the flares.
i dont want to appear ignorant of any other views, but ive seen hundreds if not thousands of these flares.
i dont think its deliberate hoax by the woman, just mistaken, imo.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

You created a duplicate post Ziggy. Did you not read the OP?

edit on 1-12-2010 by SunshineLaws because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The Wiltshire area is a fascinating one. When people say to me show me a UFO, the easiest reply is to say. Travel to Wiltshire spend a week watching the skies down there in the summer and I will almost guarantee you that you will see at least one light/lights/object that is not a flare, balloon, satellite, plane, helicopter.

Can't remember if it was Cradle or Starr hill however on one night watch, we saw three separate blood red lights cross 15 miles of sky in 5 seconds. That's about 10,800 MPH. The lights were of about magnitude +2

There was another night. beautiful conditions, crystal clear. That means you can see down to about magnitude +5-6. A group of us were watching this white star like object and were assuming yes, probably a satellite. It flew steadily to roughly over our heads. As some said... "Ahh satellite"; the light turned 90 degrees sharp left and just vanished at a rate of knots that was ridiculous.

I haven't a clue what we saw those nights. That said, it made me realise that, if people were to spend time just looking up on clear nights for a couple of hours, there's a decent chance you'll see something that makes you think... hmmmm

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
hi guys i live about 6 miles away from avebury and i know one of the farmers in the area and he is becoming extremley pis££ed of with people making crop circles in his feilds as you can imagine it costs him a fortune! my point is if there was any rumors of people making crop circles him and his farmer buddys may very well have fired up some flares to scare off any would be "alien crop circle makers"

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauneastmond
hi guys i live about 6 miles away from avebury and i know one of the farmers in the area and he is becoming extremley pis££ed of with people making crop circles in his feilds as you can imagine it costs him a fortune! my point is if there was any rumors of people making crop circles him and his farmer buddys may very well have fired up some flares to scare off any would be "alien crop circle makers"

Besides being skeptical, what makes this farmer say it's people making these circles? Has he actually seen them? And as required from our side, I'll toss the $64,000.00 question over to that side: Is there any PROOF that it's people?

I don't think you quite understand what drives and attractions UFO watchers. Setting up flares in an attempt to scare people off is only going to attract more people. And by your own account (that's what we're seeing here then) look what ended up happening! It made it to a documentary for millions to see.

So now (according to what you said we're seeing....) this crop circle-exterminator is going to have more of a crowd next year. That's like bating mice with cheese and forgetting the trap.

Ah Murphy's Law. Sometimes it can be the best form of revenge.

edit on 2-12-2010 by Human_Alien because: spelling

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus

uk military owns alot of land and its usually close to civilian areas. flares are used to illuminate targets for ground exercises or whatever they do, its not a case of them testing the flares.
i dont want to appear ignorant of any other views, but ive seen hundreds if not thousands of these flares.
i dont think its deliberate hoax by the woman, just mistaken, imo.

Well, that's fine and even acceptable but......are these so-called flares dropping down on their property?
Does anyone know?
Where is this B&B? Can anyone who lives over there wager a guess as to its location?

And yes, I concur. I doubt very much she set this up. Besides (not having actual statistic) I'll go out on a limb and say 95% of hoaxers are probably male and that-----might still, be an understatement.

Thanks for the information

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My whole family talks to aliens and gives counselling to hundreds of thousands of others who believing only as a matter of faith that extra-terrestrial intelligence exist modern-day E T's are like angels or Demi gods because religion is so out of date nobody can relate to.. out of this world's scientific ideas. I've been looking around the internet and have found all sorts of theories about anti-gravity and the bending of time and quantum physics well folks don't be lazy its out there just start looking!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by the.lights

So what's your opinion (seeing you are the best one to ask)? Could she have been mistaking flares for 'objects'?
Could she have hoaxed this herself?

Was there indeed a crop circle the following day like we heard her predicting?

Thank you so very much for being here and adding to this mystery videographer

Did you see the documentary? I thought it was wonderfully done.

In answer to your questions.

No, she was not mistaking flares for objects. I'm absolutely convinced that what you see in this video is real and compelling. The lights she captures are the exact same type as those I was to witness with my own eyes just three weeks after meeting her, albeit different location, some 40 miles west. And the fact that she witnessed this event with two local people suggests that they were not familiar with such things in their night sky, which dampens the flare theory.

I did some research into this video since it was quite similar to my own sighting and read that there was a circle formed beneath the spot the lights were filmed the following day.

I haven't had a chance to watch the video.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
with RAF Lyneham just 8 miles away from Avebury, I think it's probably just military exercises.

RAF Lyneham is in a north-westerly direction. This video was filmed in a north-easterly direction from the side of the A4. I know the area well since I've walked there a lot. She took the trouble to show the same view in daylight if you watch the full 9 minute footage on Youtube.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hi guys!

Decided to register here when i read this thread. I've seen exactly these kinds of things tens of times here in Finland where i live. They are (at least the exact similar ones i've seen) really flares used by the military. Needless to say, there are many military sites and practise grounds just outside my city ;-).

Not to burst anyones bubble by this, just wanted to give my two cents. I've been reading through this place all night since i found this, interesting stuff, bookmarked...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join