It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is The God of Abraham So Shy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
reply to post by Sahabi

For me, it all goes back to the Ten Commandments, which God gave us to follow and which then man wrote down.

An important point to add, and if you know the 4 Gospels pretty well, is that Jesus in regards to the laws, really only addresses the 10 commandments in his teachings. So what about all the other laws?

- JC

Hello again JC.

10This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

11And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.

12And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

13He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

14And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

(Genesis 17:10-14)

And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
(Luke 2:21)

So Old Testament God and Jesus exemplified circumcision. Oh no.... here comes St. Paul the Antichrist!!!

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter.
(Galatians 2:7)

Also, Jesus observed the Passover. So we have 2 obvious Mosaic Laws Jesus lived by. He did not come to destroy the law, he came to fulfill. Don't destroy the law by neglecting it. Jesus was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel. That's what he said, not me.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I am not spouting off nonsense numbers. Christianity only counts as the number one religion if you combine Protestants and Catholic into one group. Last time I checked Protestants said they were the real Christians and Catholics said they were the real Christians, and each counts the other as heretics.

And this still doesn't account for the masses of Christians in prison for crimes against their fellow man, nor the masses of Christians murdering in the after forces.

edit on 12/8/10 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
adjensen, I have stuck to all of your points and addressed it all.
You will not answer me in a logical or rational fashion, instead you keep giving me YOUR understanding of Christianity.

No 2 Christians can agree 100% on everything, so why are YOU right and all other Christians are wrong? Why is YOUR understanding superior to all other religion?

The God of the Jews, Christians, and Muslims is not All Loving and not All Merciful.
If he was he would not make group A believers, keep group B in ignorance, then tell group A to convert or kill group B.

God as a truly unifying, truly all powerful force... I can wrap my head around that. But Abraham's God, the "jealous god," the "warrior," I can't equate that with All Loving.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

I am not spouting off nonsense numbers. Christianity only counts as the number one religion if you combine Protestants and Catholic into one group. Last time I checked Protestants said they were the real Christians and Catholics said they were the real Christians, and each counts the other as heretics.

Who cares??

Any argument based on numbers is a fallacy.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
No Muslims or Jews came to defend the God of Abraham, only Christians.

You guys fully misunderstand me right now.

I'm happy Christians can feel so warm, fuzzy, and holy inside, that's truly great, no sarcasm.
But that does not change God's blood thirst according to the Bible and Qur'an.
Christians turned this warrior god into an All Loving God... but an All Loving God demands faith or threatens with the Fire?
Even I do not wish eternal Fire on my fellow man, so does this make me more loving than God?
Or is this similar in principle to the father that rapes their child in the name of love?

I'm just trying to get all of you people to realize the concept of All Loving God does not make sense in the Bible. It is created by Christian Doctrine and is out of sync with Lord God of the Torah.

My goal is to make you followers of Abraham's God take a freaking break! Stop looking down on people and condemning us to Hell Fire! Humanity is about unity with your fellow human in Peace!!!
Not conversion, death, or threats of Fire!!!
All Loving God wants us to be at Peace and Unity with our fellow man, not spread His message by the sword or scriptural fear mongering.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Only bigoted Catholics claim that Protestants are not Christians and only bigoted Protestants claim that Catholics are not Christians. The Catholic church, as an institution, accepts Protestants as Christians and I'm unaware of any mainstream Protestant denomination that doesn't view Catholics the same.

Statistical FAIL on your part.

And this still doesn't account for the masses of Christians in prison for crimes against their fellow man, nor the masses of Christians murdering in the after forces.

Who cares? You think that there are no Muslims in prison? No Jews, no atheists, no Hindus?

Christians strive for perfection, but I've never met one who claims to have achieved it. You think that makes Christians bad or something?

adjensen, I have stuck to all of your points and addressed it all.
You will not answer me in a logical or rational fashion, instead you keep giving me YOUR understanding of Christianity.

That's what you asked for, that's what I answered with. If you want some specific church's position on an issue, I would suggest that you contact one of their clergy and ask them for a clarification.

However, when you continue to babble nonsense like "Paul is the antichrist," you clearly neither understand the Bible, nor do you apparently want to, so forgive me if I find your requests for responses to be rather disingenuous.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Also, Jesus observed the Passover. So we have 2 obvious Mosaic Laws Jesus lived by. He did not come to destroy the law, he came to fulfill. Don't destroy the law by neglecting it.

2 obvious laws that Jesus lived by! are you serious?

Jesus was a baby; he had absolutely no choice in his own circumcision. I still believe, like I said in my last post, that those extra laws, added to the Ten Commandments, came from men and not God, including circumcision.

As for observing the Passover, perhaps Jesus was just honoring the traditions. I mean, if I turned up to a Hindu wedding and I take part in the traditions of that wedding, that doesn’t mean I follow, or am a believer, in all things Hindu.

Just because Jesus happens to be at a Passover feast, doesn’t mean he is fulfilling a law. Anyway, I’m talking about what Jesus actually teaches, the things he actually talks about and addresses, about the Ten Commandments.

- JC

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

He did not come to destroy the law, he came to fulfill.

There's another way to think about that.
Jesus also said, ". . .if you believed Moses, you would believe in me because Moses spoke of me."
He also referred to things as being in the Law which technically would have been in what we call the Old Testament, but not necessarily in the Pentateuch.
So fulfilling the law may have had at least a double meaning, that he fulfilled the prophecies in it that would have pertained to him as the Messiah.
I have to doubt that Jesus would have done every law unless at one point he was also High Priest. And I suppose he would have had to have been a woman at some point, too. I guess throw in a slave owner and maybe a farmer and various types of businessmen.
His role would be the Messiah and one like Moses who would be a new lawgiver. His law is one of love and peace and caring for others, and one not formalized by new documents but written on the heart and facilitated through the spirit which through his sacrifice was free to spread throughout the world to those who will receive it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join