It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone explain this picture!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I think it's someone that already has been banned and has come back to spam.
All his posts are like this

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Nah...it definitely looks like a face, in that you can see shadows and shapes arranged in a fashion that mimics eyesockets, mouth, etc.

that doesn't mean that an actual human face was there when the photograph was taken.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Already been alerted for the same crap in other threads.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I know that schools history well. Freddy Krugger was the janitor

Seriously

A very interesting picture. I don't think it is a trick of the light or anything like that.

Perhaps one of the school staff edited the original photo to create a very clever hoax?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here's my enlargement for your review:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c6c88b5c457.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Nice shot, You can even see the outline of her hair. Looks almost oriental.

It's a very good picture from my point of view. Better than most i have seen.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Thats a awesome enhancement of this photo ! This looks too good to me to be a photoshop job from 2002. It just feels real for what its worth.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I was bored so I tried it again

this one I did with PSP, used Smart Fix and Noise removal

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c40a959f573.jpg[/atsimg]

and this is the negative of that

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c124795f0c7.jpg[/atsimg]

Guess I could have got closer, maybe next time

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Nice photo, not sure what to make of it, certainly creepy and definitely doesn't look like it's supposed to be there.

But these strange faces or figures in photos interest me, so S&F for you. Here's a photo of me in Lincoln after a ghost walk, and I could swear there was an old ghost man watching me through the window!
Although the image quality is low, sorry. Many people have said it's just the colour of the bricks making it a co-incidence. But your photo definitely looks like a peering face, so I have no clue what might make it naturally.

Dunno how to get a scrollbar, soz
edit on 1-12-2010 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9cf72b203d92.png[/atsimg]

There is nothing to suggest this image has been manipulated.

Upgrade your software, select an RGB value from any pixel found on the face and you will see the values found all over the photo. The lines you see are digital tears that are both normal, and consistent throughout the image.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Lighterside because: added how to

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It looked too clear to be believable at the time and I along with the staff thought that is why it could of been an intra-office prank. But it was so subtle and given the 2,800 pictures we took of the entire school and this being the only anomaly it could/should have been overlooked easily, which a office prankster wouldn't do, or would they?
All of us went back and forth with this for months until nobody really had a clue. Our office staff were the only ones that had access to the photos and the original was clean when we looked at the info through a graphics program of the time. We also did lots of site research on this school and nothing abnormal came up, the history was clean except for the rumor that someone had committed suicide somewhere near this location on the property but again there was no record of this.
The boiler room was to be remodeled into a seminar room so all the 'stuff' you see was removed. I haven't been back there for 7 years and always wondered if this was a real event or not.
I believe in ghosts but not in the standard conventional sense, it think it's a combination of factors such as limestone, water, atmosphere, etc. that records events and replays them now and then under the right circumstances. But even after the company closed nobody 'fessed up to this and it always made me think. Thanks for all the help, the negative idea was good to look at for it really doesn't look edited. I admit the color looked weird but then again what color should a ghost appear in?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Nice picture. Since you took around 85 pictures of this room though, can you please, if possible, provide some of them for us here? ..Particularly the ones pointing in the same direction of where this face is but from a different angle.

Reason being, if the face is still there and if it's still facing in the same direction from different angles we can maybe rule out matrixing.

Also, if you can't, in your honest opinion, did you see a face in more than one picture or was it just this one?

edit on 2-12-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is a very cool picture, but as with all possibly paranormal photographs, you have to ask yourself this...

Is it more likely that the photograph is due to unique lighting and shadows resembling a human face, a doctored--and thus hoaxed--photograph, or that of a ghost of a deceased person haunting this creepy boiler room.

I've seen plenty of examples of matrixing and hoaxes. In fact, they are really, really common. Photographs of paranormal activity, including legitimate apparitions are exceedingly rare if they exist at all.

So, given that, I have to say it's a trick of lighting or hoaxed. Saying the photograph is that of paranormal activity is jumping to a conclusion that I don't feel is justified. Then, saying this photograph is that of a ghost--as with anything and everything with ghosts--is a simple leap of faith.

To be honest, I sincerely believe this is a photograph of Fred Flintstone who slipped through a dimensional time warp from two-dimensional land and accidentally got stuck in this location. Unfortunately, only his head made it through, but that's not really problematic because he is a cartoon character.

No, seriously, there just as much evidence to support my "Fred Flintstone" conclusion as there is of it being a ghost.

One thing is undeniable, it's an incredibly cool and creepy photograph. If several EVPs--or evidence of other paranormal activity--was occurring simultaneously and any effort was made to replicate/debunk the face, I might be more convinced that it's paranormal

Bobby Elgee; Sights Unseen Paranormal

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I posted all the photos related to this specific area earlier in the thread. We were more concerned with architectural elements didn't even cross our minds about ghosts (though I did get creeped out in this spot and above the auditorium space). There is no other evidence just one photo of thousands that were taken over a 6 month period. Though as I stated earlier I took this photo and the camera used a 3 1/2 floppy disk the photo on the disk matched the photo on our hard drive when I checked they were both unaltered for what I could see in the photo info area are IT person helped me look. I do know that the face was not there the time we looked a month or two later and there is no way to get a persons face in that spot not even with a ladder, they would have to hang from the ceiling.
It is weird and it still bothers me to this day for I really don't believe the mainstream idea that lost souls are floating around our world. I think it's all environmentally based phenomena.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Did you check at the time to see if it was an actual detached head jammed up in the pipes to avoid detection?
If it is real, it would have to have been pretty fresh (recently removed from the body).

Any missing students or teachers? Maybe I am watching to much CSI.
edit on 12/2/2010 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

My friend was on top of the boilers minutes earlier I remember because he burnt his hand (not bad) on one they forgot to turn off and I had to take the pictures from that point on. Since I was the MA (managing arch) I was supposed to take measurements only. That room sucked so bad to document 80 years of dirt, dust, soot and miles of ducts, conduit, pipes, coal chambers for the original burners. We were a mess when we got out of there.
I remember finding old cans, bottles and signs up on the loft area, now all these shows came out selling this type of crap for lots of money, I wish I would have cleaned up for the school board I'd be rich.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

One of my fist jobs was tearing out old boilers and coal fired furnaces. It was a terrible job. Most of the boiler pipes were wrapped with asbestos. At the time, we had no idea that asbestos was dangerous. sometimes we had masks, but most of the time the boss never supplied any.
Anyway, I have seen lots of crazy stuff stashed away in peoples basements; mummified cats, rats, bats, birds...ect. But never a human head. Interesting picture.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
That reminds me I bought a authentic shrunken head from a place called Curiosities back in 1991 near Atlanta. I forgot I even had it and right now it is still in the attic of my parent's house with all my other crap.

Time to make a phone call.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'm surprised that more people are not interested in this pic. Whilst I agree at first glance it looks like the face could have been inserted into the pic, it doesn't resemble any of the fake iPhone style pics that I have seen. It could also be paradolia, as you say the pipes were hot, perhaps it is steam? Though it is so clearly defined I'm not so sure about that

I used one of those 3 1/2 inch disk cameras for my job a few years ago, it was a Sony Mavica (sp?) and it was very versatile as you didn't require any camera software to download the pics (as was often the case with digital cameras a few years ago) so I suppose anyone could have taken the disk and edited the picture, but as you say that so many pictures were taken on this project and this was the only one with the anomoly, then I agree it is unlikely to be a prank if there was a chance that the photo may just be overlooked and additionally I think that a prankster would probably be less subtle if they were hoping for a reaction.

Very interesting pic though s&f

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
WHOOOOOOAAA! That scared the crap out of me when I saw it. Interesting post. If this isn't edited, it surely suggests some kind of paranormal activity.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join