It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take things too seriously, you're bound to go mad!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hi ATSers!

Making my obligatory introduction. I've been a lurker for about 5 years now, ATS has always been stuck in my bookmarks as a site I usually check for news on a daily basis. I read a lot of posts, and most people... imo... take themselves way too seriously here. I tend to feel like I've been biting my lip for the last 5 years, and I now have trouble discerning it from the hamburger in my goulash. So I figure it's time to uncork, be heard, and be a participant in one of my favorite sites to date. So watch out crackpots, extremists, dimwits, and those who don tin hats! I come in peace, with the intention of reminding you that sometimes, you just need to not take life too seriously. I aim to keep to the topic at hand with a perspective from the lighter side of life. Hope to see you out there.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

Welcome Lighterside! Of course I love that avatar, one of the best I've ever seen!

Thanks for the reminder to lighten up a bit too.
Glad to make your acquaintance and we'll cya on the boards!

peace,
spec
edit on 1-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Welcome.

Your gif is awsome!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hi lighterside and welcome to the darkerside,and remember this is a serious business and jokes ,witty comments and fake moustaches will be frowned upon and dont mention the war.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Go mad enough, you're bound to change the world!

Well that's my weak counter argument. We need a balance of people who take things easy and those who take it way serious to keep things in check, imo. I'm very passionate about my interests and views, but that's just me. If I do a little something that Rumsfield seems to know a thing or two about, ya I'm chill, but usually am just a couple steps away from going postal.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

LIGHTERSIDE.......ahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....
I am new here....don't know how to message anyone yet....can't find the right buttons I guesss....
but i just HAD to tell you that your avitar is the FUNNIEST thing I've seen in a L O N G time.....
I haven't stopped laughing since I saw it....
you MUST let me share this on FaceBook!!! ahahahahahah..................

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
hi,
Welcome to the board, good to have a fellow open minded person abroad.

top topics

join