It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russians.........Now is not the time to increase tensions between us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

With uncertainty in the Korean Peninsula and of course the ever lasting war on terror, I'm not a fan of straining our still quite young and fragile relationship with the Russians. From my understanding they are not asking much and refusing their demands just seems dumb. Trust me, our shield is perfectly effective without having to extend our missile defense installations close enough to Russia to piss them off. Also going back to full blown Cold War days will just further strangle our already choked out economy.

Thoughts??

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The question is why are they a threat to Europe and their surrounding countries? Why does America express so much concern? There truely is no need for a shield in that part of the world unless Russia is provoked by another country to attack. From what I can see just putting a shield there is a good enough reason for Russia to be intimidated. Imagine the Russians heading down to Mexico or Canada and building these defences. How would the people/government of the USA feel about it? The USA might have allys in the region but should stay out of regional problems. Another is the Korean situation. Start looking after your own people before you go helping others.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

People on this forum seem to have distorted view of Putin from my point of view. He's a KGB guy; our current homeland security chief on steroids and herion armed with nukes. He's is a cold warrior.

Putin is still struggling to defeat the US as the global economic and military leader. He just made a deal with China to sidestep the dollar - on purpose and with a plan. This nuke agreement he has made with Obama has to be carefully analyzed by the Senate because we could easily screw ourselves and our allies. The "cold war" is not really over. It is more like a cease fire. Communism and American freedom can not be integrated and both still exist. It appears to me our globalists are trying to make us more like a communist country so that we fit in better with the Chi-coms and Russia. That is unacceptable to me.

Some people claim we should share global power with China and Russia and some dunces toss in Iran, too. It would be a vastly different and meaner world if China and Russia dominated it. The US is not perfect and we need to turn back the fascist developments in our culture, government and law, but we are nothing oppressive like China and Russia.

join