It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Ready for QE3 it looks like

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
cnn money

With economic growth still stuck at a rate considered too low to bring down high unemployment, many economists feel more stimulus is needed to jump start the sluggish recovery and create jobs.

Looks to me like they are getting us ready for QE3

The Fed's latest move to pump more money into the economy was sharply criticized around the world and raised concerns of a weakening U.S. dollar and rising inflation.

They Tried to hide the last bailout by calling it Quantitative Easing, So how will they hide this one?

Yellen is widely considered to be dovish on inflation. And she dismissed the idea that the Fed's program would cause runaway inflation in the future.

Even though it is wide spread knowledge that this will do nothing but hurt our economy, they somehow still claim nothing bad will happen.

"As the economy more fully recovers, the Federal Reserve will need to remove this extraordinary monetary accommodation in order to maintain price stability and keep inflation expectations well anchored," Yellen said. "I am confident that the Federal Reserve has both the commitment and the tools to achieve this unwinding."

Ok so what are they going to do? Raise the taxes on us and just burn the money?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

No…. they will raise interest rates and suck the money out of the economy from the middle class. Anyone old enough to remember the Jimmy Carter administration will attest to this.

All this crap you hear about ensuring that the middle class does not have a tax rate increase is just that. BS. They may keep their current tax rate, but everything around them needed to live a confortable middle class life will cost more. And trust me if you think your pay will keep pace with inflation you better think again.

Murfdog

join