It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus Package was the worst financial move ever made by any President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The stimulus package was the worst financial decision ever implemented by any president of the united states.If the money was dispersed equally to every man woman and child in the united states,each citizen would have received $27,000.This would have saturated the country with fresh money.Small and big businesses alike would be thriving.We would be in a booming economy right now.Instead,this president allowed a few for profit companies to receive insane amounts of money.This is a free market system.The minute you arbitrarily choose to help a single business,this becomes discrimination.Where are the receipts of this money being received by the recipients.The money is gone and the country will never recover.I think at the very least it is time to produce some very specific breakdowns and receipts where every dollar went.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

We would have gotten $27,000 of our OWN money, that we would be taxed for.

Now, we OWE $27,000 EACH, at the stroke of someone else's pen!

Our personal income taxes are illegal, as they are unapportioned, so said the Supreme Court in the 1890's. No one will ever really tell you where the money was spent.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Sorry, double post.

Novice blunder

edit on 1-12-2010 by masterofnone because: double post

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
You are absolute right. If you or I overdraw on our checking account,
we pay fees, then we have to pay some more to get the account back
up to the positive level. I can't understand why these people had to be
given billions to revive them. So they can become broke and useless
again? If they fail, they fail. That is the way it works in this country.
You pull yourself up by the boot straps and start over.

If they have to go out of business because of shoddy work ethics and
practices, then tough. If these execs can't live on anything less than
50 million a year, too bad, so sad.

My family didn't raise us with the idea that we were going to be bailed out
everytime we make a wrong decision. We took our hard knocks and figured
out something better. These corporate thugs deserve to go down the toilet.
If they can't run a business in a profitable way, then they need to be booted
to the curb. I can think of millions of people who are hungry and don't have
anything in this country. But who cares, huh?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
5 minutes after i posted this thread,my phone rang.The caller id read gov stimulus ,with a phone number,and they hang up without saying anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't know, Bush made some really horrible financial decisions for this country too. Like, say, I don't know, starting 2 frigging wars AND bailing out dozens of financial institution to the tune of $700 BILLION, for starters.

Don't get me started on his tax cuts to the wealthy...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

You are going to have to take a picture of that caller ID entry and post it now to verify this. We will be checking for a photoshop job by the way.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Was it worse than the bank bailout package?
I'm not sure.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
The stimulus package was the worst financial decision ever implemented by any president of the united states.If the money was dispersed equally to every man woman and child in the united states,each citizen would have received $27,000.This would have saturated the country with fresh money.Small and big businesses alike would be thriving.We would be in a booming economy right now.Instead,this president allowed a few for profit companies to receive insane amounts of money.This is a free market system.The minute you arbitrarily choose to help a single business,this becomes discrimination.Where are the receipts of this money being received by the recipients.The money is gone and the country will never recover.I think at the very least it is time to produce some very specific breakdowns and receipts where every dollar went.

I've made this point in a few threads, but I've never had anyone respond to them

the truth is, this would have stimulated all ascpects of the economy as the US consumers bought the things they need

if we got that $27,000 more than likely most people would have paid off their debts and still had money left over for luxuries... the problem is, our entire financial system is based on credit, and once the debt of the public is reduced by that much money, it would put a huge strain on the big debtors of the nation. the US government being the biggest of them all

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Where is the image of the caller ID brindle? I am guessing this was an untruth on your part and the reason for the adolf remark to me in your other thread. Caught you in a obvious lie did I? Sorry OP not trying to give your trouble just trying to deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

No, the worst financial move ever made by any President was that piece of crap TARP!!! At least with the Stimulus Package, we are getting some much needed infrastructure projects done that benefit everyone. With TARP, the only ones to benefit were the Banksters and the Wall Street Investment Houses... you know, the jackholes who got us into this mess in the first place!!!

new topics

top topics

join