It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Very Strange Is Happening To Me. (Explaination Needed)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There not nightmares infact I am anything but scared of them. Also nightmare would suggest dream, these are not dreams. I can't say I have bed bugs eithers and my sleep paterns are quite healthy (well expect when i'm on ATS :roll

Peace.
ALS

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
A similar thread to this was created recently and those faces you're seeing might be people of past lives or even you. If you believe in reincarnation, then it makes perfect sense; if not, then it doesn't.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacebound

Truth is I dont know what I believe in.

Could you direct me to the thread, i'd appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacebound
I recently started having nightmares every night, which involves being chased by an exotic animal like a tiger, shadow figure etc. I do have 2 words, "bed bugs".

I once read a chapter that described this dream in specific detail...

The book was Dreamgates by Robert Moss.

You might want to read it...you may be pleasantly surprised when you find out how fortunate you are.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
As long as you are only seeing/hearing this during the transition to sleep with you eyes closed, I wouldn't worry about it.

However, if you were seeing faces/hearing voices while you were wide awake with your eyes open, then I'd go see a doctor.

Don't worry about it, enjoy it.

P.S. I wouldn't tell your girlfriend you are dreaming about another woman.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
this sorta thing happend to me for some time through my late teens and into my 20s.
not so much people or faces but a definate female voice saying my name and a profound feeling of being watched / observed?
this usualy only occured when i was laying with my eyes closed either before sleep or just after waking.
some times i found it almost imposible to move like a massive force was preventing me from looking round or sitting up to see what or who was watching me.
it was at one time happining on an almost daily basis and freaked me out so much that i did go to the doctors for advice.
after a few consultations and a sugestion of a psyciatric evaluation (which i declined) my doctor arived on the coclusion that it was a natrural process that the human body gos thru in the sleep pattern . i think he called it sleep paralasis.
apparently its quite common and also thought to be assosiated with the alien abduction phenomenon. or used as a possible explination of what abductees could be experiencing rather than aliens.
this however never sat well with me but with no other choice i was left to acept his coclusion.
these often terrifing episodes continued up until i moved out of my parents home. since i moved it has only ever happend twice both times at my parents home whilst staying overnight ??(i have never mentiond it to my parent partner or any one else for that matter barring my doc oh and u guys now)

i would realy like to find out what it realy was . sleep paralasis a.. i dont think so .
edit on 1-12-2010 by blacklist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by Spacebound

Truth is I dont know what I believe in.

Could you direct me to the thread, i'd appreciate it.
Link.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I am not really a "reader", but I'll give this a try. I find it strange that ever since I began questioning God's existence I started having these nightmares, but these end of the world, Illuminati, NWO, UFO videos, etc. might play a role in that.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by harrytuttle

I am not really a "reader", but I'll give this a try. I find it strange that ever since I began questioning God's existence I started having these nightmares, but these end of the world, Illuminati, NWO, UFO videos, etc. might play a role in that.

If you're not a reader, then download Stephen Mitchell's translation of the Tao Te Ching from ITunes. Listen to it...from your heart, not your mind.

You say you find it strange this has been happening since you began to question the existence of God?

When the student is ready, the teacher appears.

For me, the deeper I go, the deeper the mystery gets. Life is not only stranger than I suppose...it's seems to be stranger than I can suppose.

I think the Tao will help you get a develop a much healthier (centered) approach to your interests in discovering the Truth.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
[Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]

Based on your statement I can tell you're already spiritually evolved because that was deep. Thanks, I really appreciate it and also; can you point out the similarities in our registration dates?

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2010/12/1 by GradyPhilpott because: see note above

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

] can you point out the similarities in our registration dates?

I see that you registered today and we registered 1 month apart...

Am I missing something?

Have you had similar experiences...specifically regarding the Pyramid of Khufu at Giza?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This happens to alot of people and there are several threads on ATS already about this.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The Tao is a good bit of literature! It is one of the first that I read! However...

What you are encountering are spirit entities - of whom or what is hard to say. Do not be afraid, as even a demon or Lucifer himself will not harm you without purpose and an ending glorification.

It's time for you to PAY ATTENTION to everything. Look for clues, feel - and the answers will come to you.

To be frank, I'm rather disappoint in the low-quality of support in this thread. Two pages and so much has not been said. A doctor will do nothing but deem you crazy, put you on a medicine (which if you are an avid reader of ATS you should know most medicines are not good for you). And any medication you're on will close the connection you've created with God. ie, most anti-depressants involve serotonin reuptake. Did you know that when you sleep ( and dream, and are connected to a different plane of existence like the spirit world and beyond) that you're brain does not discrete serotonin? When you wake up and become active in the 3rd density world of Earth your brain begins to secrete it again. I once read, in passing, that anti-depressants take away your ability to feel 'God'. This line stuck with me, and I stopped taking my own medications.. and since then, things have progressed rapidly.

I highly suggest you embrace this gift of yours - as it has happened to you for a very serious and specific reason. Considering how active and strong these presences are, and that you can hear them calling your name so prominently - it must be very important for you to wake up to the real world and to hear them.

I would recommend that you become an avid reader. It's sad the state of our world, how reading has gone by the wayside and is no longer highly esteemed and respected. Many things you may have deemed as non-sense are very much real, and it's time that you (and soon, the rest of the world) are awakened to them. We are all living in but one plane of material existence, and things are going to change - else we will be doomed. Though, doom is not the end and is not necessarily a bad thing.

If you are a reader already, or manage to become one - then there is a lot of literature out there to read and to interpret - I'd include a list here, but MY list won't be the list that YOU need. The list of words and symbols that YOU need to understand and wake up. If you've ever studied rhetoric and the founding of logic (Greek>Roman>West) then you understand that everything, literally everything, is subjective to each individual. If you actively SEEK for truth, then the titles of such books will be revealed to you. PAY ATTENTION.

The one solid piece of advice I can give to you is to meditate. I encourage a solid portion of time dedicated to yourself and to your liberation. Find a place of solitude and comfort. For me, I drive a few minutes out of town and observe the desert and mountain landscape - you'll have a different place that comes to mind, I'm sure.

There are many methods of meditation - but I do not mean the sissy type of 20 minutes every now and then with deep breathing and that's it. I mean serious meditation. Personally, it took me a few months of 2+ hours a day before fragments of the TRUTH began to make sense.

For you, I believe it will be much quicker. You seem lucky. I sense that you've been where you are now, before....

Learn about your chakras - the 7 main chakras in your body - and learn what they represent. Imagine how their 'meaning' would feel if it were an emotion and meditate on them.

Learn about your Third Eye, your 6th chakra - as yours is clearly already very open and active. Learn how it connects you to the different planes of existence, and learn how to LISTEN to the entities trying to talk to you for a reason.

Learn about VOID meditation, and learn about WHITE LIGHT meditation.

Good luck, I have faith in you.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blacklist

i would realy like to find out what it realy was . sleep paralasis a.. i dont think so .
edit on 1-12-2010 by blacklist because: (no reason given)

yea thats sleep paralysis. its a chemical reaction your brain induces so that you dont act out your dreams. hence some ppl with sleep walking issues. being able not to move is completely normal as sometimes you may start waking up before the sleep paralysis wears off.

As for the OP. dude your not going crazy and you dont need to talk to your doctor about it.

your next steps would probably to study it on your own.. like i said before write EVERY THING down. every face you saw every detail you remember as eventually you might start seeing the same faces.

the voice you hear is always an up and down subject. sometimes just before you enter REM sleep - and your brain starts to produce '___' (which is what causes dreaming ) you can see or hear some funky things - same when waking up. your brains not always gunna be on time with stuff like that.. its almost impossible to be.. just most people dont notice and think they are either dreaming or awake. they dont realize theres a whole "in between stage"

deff' keep posting though id like to see where it goes.

i do alot of reading and studying on dreaming and brain states and stuff like that so any questions are welcomed by anyone.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Hi ALOSTSOUL, many of people in ATS have had this same thing happen to them and there are a few threads about it and what people have done to stay in that state and interact.
I was able to ask questions and get real answers from what ever it was that was talking to me while in that state.
Ask and explore this while you have it, it seems to fade away after a while and it is difficult to achieve again for some of us.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Yes, that happens to me and it is psychic ability. We all have the ability, some are born with highly developed second sight, some are just more adept at using it, others have developed it.

When we meditate or are close to a dream state is when we (our minds) are most susceptible to the Spirit Realm. It allows the images to come through more easily.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Is it the same faces each time you shut your eyes or are they different each time?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You're not the only one. I too have seen these "faces". They are in color. There was one woman
that I seen quite often and she was saying something to me but I couldn't hear her. She seemed to be in
distress of some kind. This worried me because I felt like she was asking me for help but I could'n
t help her. This has happened to me many times . I thought I was the only one.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I've had similar bizarre experiences ever since childhood, but think perhaps it's just the subconscious at play ... a mixing up of autonomous mental imagery while remaining conscious. It seems somehow or another your brain has rewired itself to instantly enter into a dream-like state after closing your eyes. I know from experience that you can reprogram your brain for various things, and the more you do so the less effort is needed to enter this state of being. Meditation is a prime example of this.

My experience as a kid involved regular sensory deprivation, and what seems to result is a "mystical experience". In reality, it's just tricking your brain to up the melatonin, convert it into dmt, and trip out while you're still awake. Fun stuff that I highly recommend to anyone who doesn't yet have a calcified pineal gland.

For the record, I don't think you're crazy at all. It would be crazy for you not to be asking questions about this and seeking a rational explanation. Since you're open to both rational, and trans-rational explanations, you seem pretty well rounded to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexxxsx

Sometimes I reconise the faces from before but most of the time the are completely new.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join