It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from the Bayou State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hello everyone.
First post on your great site. I've been checking out ATS off and on pretty much from its inception.
Been lurking pretty much everyday for the past month, and decided it was high time I joined.

Guess I should say a little bit about myself.

My name is Shawn, I am from Baton Rouge, La.
I have always been interested in conspiracies, the supernatural, UFO's, and all manner of Fortean phenomena.
I work in the IT field, and lead a comfortable life with my wife. We both try our best to not be one of the "sheeple" and to that end I have a healthy distrust of the mainstream media. I also try to filter the alternative news and not take things at face value.

Well, that's about it. I hope to get to know some of ya'll, and look forward to interesting and thought provoking discourse.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsDisposableRazor

Welcome aboard,Occam. Keep your eyes out in Red Stick. I got NOLA covered. From 1 Louisianian to another. Peace.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Greetings from S'Port Mr. BR. May your journies on ATS be good ones.

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Hi OccamsDisposableRazor, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hey guys.....awesome to see fellow residents of the boot shaped state.
Keeping abreast of a few things happening in our state. Been seeing an awful lot of military aircraft the last couple of days, not sure what that's all about. Guess maybe some staging for a possible (probable?) smack down with Korea....

Anyhow.....gotta run.
Looking forward to discussing topics with y'all!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Welcome to the ATS!

Being interested in the supernatural and aliens etc, you should take time to read the book called Zhuan Falun to see what those matters(and life as a human being) are all about:

www.falundafa.org...

/Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance) is good, Falun Dafa is good.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Awesome!....I'm always up for a good read!
I'll check it out. Currently I'm reading "Terrorizing Ourselves", a book about why the US Counterterrorism
policies are failing horribly (you know...a little "light" reading)

After I'm done with that, I'll check it out...!
edit on 2-12-2010 by OccamsDisposableRazor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thanks, you may be interested in this thread too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

PS: Remember it is extremely hard to finish that book, your karma will try to make you busy and forget it, it is intelligent and knows it will be eliminated if you read that book. Pay attention! Best is to start reading it and never put it down.

new topics

top topics

join