It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why would the government tell the truth?

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
True. We wouldn't. I would laugh, cause it sounds funny. But it's actually pretty sad
. Not your fault though, Scatman. You're a funny guy.


cough cough funny girl cough cough

haha! true, it is pretty sad. but every once ina while we need to remember to look at ourselves in the mirror and realize how overbearing we can truly be sometimes, even if we're right.




posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat

cough cough funny girl cough cough

haha! true, it is pretty sad. but every once ina while we need to remember to look at ourselves in the mirror and realize how overbearing we can truly be sometimes, even if we're right.


Sorry, my bad Scatgirl - I guess you Pez-Sinatra-avatar threw me
.



posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
ya know what, thats what everybody says! even people who meet me in person say im a guy trapped in a girls body.

but honestly, i dont know any straight guy that would have a frank sinatra pez dispenser as their avatar!

but back on topic..........


Pi

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I was just going to say... getting back on topic if thats not a bad thing... That that was one of the reasons that President Kennedy was assasinated by the guy on the grassy knoll. And thats also one of the reasons that Marilyn Monroe was killed, as well. He was going to hold a press conference in which he was to disclose all the information he had been told about extraterrestrial, and he told Marilyn before hand. After he was killed, she decided to do hold a press conference to divulge the information, and she had one scheduled, but was killed 2 days before it was to take place. The murder was made up to appear to be a suicide.



posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pi
That that was one of the reasons that President Kennedy was assasinated by the guy on the grassy knoll. And thats also one of the reasons that Marilyn Monroe was killed, as well. He was going to hold a press conference in which he was to disclose all the information he had been told about extraterrestrial, and he told Marilyn before hand. After he was killed, she decided to do hold a press conference to divulge the information, and she had one scheduled, but was killed 2 days before it was to take place. The murder was made up to appear to be a suicide.


Ok... You sound pretty sure about this. Where have you heard/read that, if I may ask?

Thanks for getting us back to the original discussion, btw
.

[edit on 3-7-2004 by Durden]



posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
What happened to *we* the people, anyway? I thought *we* were supposed to be the 'government'. Exactly when did this change and why is everyone 'allowing' it to happen?

This doesn't smack of being a democracy, that's for sure. And I think I read somewhere that JFK had 'met' aliens and was going to let us all know the 'truth'


[edit on 3-7-2004 by Cattlespy]



posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
" Slipping a little truth into something a bit outlandish and telling it to a nutjob or a simple minded gossip or a greedy snakeoil salesman and having them spread it far and wide throughout the UFO community"

Why even slip a little truth into it when you have a UFO community like this one who make posts with no evidence and then just start speculating spreading further misinformation. Might as well let the people go around in circles as they get further and further away from the truth. There is no cover up story because we make it up ourselves.

Think of this. If aliens existed how would they find us? It would be like two ants on earth trying to find each other. Even if the ants were in the same city they still couldn't find each other.



posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

What you heard is called...HERESAY. There's no evidence to support your speculations.


Is there any evidence to support that aliens have been visiting us? Do we know that there is any secret governmental sector? No, we don't. I read it from this document, and I didn't say it was true, but it is a possibility. Wether you want to believe it or not is up to you:

209.132.68.98...

(Use Acrobat Reader to view it.)
On the second page, point "a":

Quoting:
"MJ-12 does not exist as a government intelligence entity. It ceased to exist in 1969 and became a private concern financed by big money and big science."


We can't even begin to assume what alien motives are IF they visit Earth at all.


We can always guess that they are: A) bad, B) good or C) scientists. There may be many reasons why they visit us, but these point can at least generalize "what they want with us".


Nor are Corporations inherently evil. It's the people behind a select few corporations that are. Corporations are nothing more than paperwork.


Imagine if the aliens could bring us true peace. Everyone could be equal, no one would starve. Maybe they even learn us how to make effective machines and robots to do our bidding? That would be the collapse of the global market... and I think at least some people are ready to give anything to protect it.



posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmmm
Why even slip a little truth into it when you have a UFO community like this one who make posts with no evidence and then just start speculating spreading further misinformation. Might as well let the people go around in circles as they get further and further away from the truth. There is no cover up story because we make it up ourselves.


Well, my point was to question the government's alleged deliberate leakage of information about extra terrestrial encounters and what the true reason for it might be. Assuming this is really happening.


Originally posted by hmmm
Think of this. If aliens existed how would they find us? It would be like two ants on earth trying to find each other. Even if the ants were in the same city they still couldn't find each other.


This is the million dollar question, isn't it? I don't have enough information or knowledge to say I know how it would be possible for another intelligence to find us, let alone travel here. I also don't have enough knowledge to say I know it isn't possible. And I don't think you or most others do either. Remember that we only have our current knowledge as frame of reference when we're guessing what can or can't be done.

In this case it would mean guessing what could be done by another intelligent lifeform. A lifeform that's quite possibly hundreds, if not thousands of years ahead of us. Again, assuming they exist.

No matter if we choose believe in alien visitations or not, without undeniable evidence, we can only assume - not know.



[edit on 14-7-2004 by Durden]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join