It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the government tell the truth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There's a lot of talk in the ufo community about how the government's supposedly leeking information containing their knowledge about ailens. The reason for this would be to prepare people before finally telling the whole story.

If the government did know more than they'd previously said about extra terrestrial visitations and abductions, that would mean they've been lying to our faces - big time. This would obviously increase people's distrust towards their government in a huge way. Why would the government take that risk? What would be the purpouse?

Could it be that the government just got tired of lying about the subject, deciding to come clean? I doubt it.

Could it be an impending conflict between us and an alien race? Well, if aliens do exist and alien abductions are happening, it's possible.

Could it be something else is planned to happen soon? If so, what?

And finally, if the government wanted this to come out; why is there still so much debunking going on?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wish I knew

If these things really are going on, I wish they'd come clean about it and stop covering stuff up.
I don't know.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
One theory is that it is a small covert group within the government who is really in the know, and that nowadays the president is out of the loop. This is also mentioned by astronaut Edgar Mitchell.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

One theory is that it is a small covert group within the government who is really in the know, and that nowadays the president is out of the loop.

I heard that too. And Bush senior was supposedly the last president to know the whole truth (or at least a lot of it), thanks to his history in the CIA.

Nevertheless, why would the covert group leak info on this? Surely they'd have lots to loose by doing this? If it's a fact that not even the president knows about something this big, one would suppose there'd be lots of other things covered up too.

This would certainly hurt the government and cause an even worse lack of trust towards them.

There just has to be a serious reason to come clean. Something tells me it could only mean something bad is about to happen.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yeh that could be some truth to it beacuse the condition now is that we all are not ready for the truth. But many is. Our government is the core thoe so they must know something.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Why would the government take that risk? What would be the purpouse?

The simple answer is this...at some point, they know they will not be able to deny the truth...

When a UFO lands on the White House Lawn during a press conference, etc....

But, if they can then point to their efforts of gradual indoctrination, they can claim (believably) that they were simply avoiding a panic, and trying to get the info out there without doing so. It's actually fairly clever...but I think the majority of us are ready to handle it now... Barring such an act by the aliens though, I'm betting it's going to be about another 50 years before it happens.....

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
There's a lot of talk in the ufo community about how the government's supposedly leeking information containing their knowledge about ailens. The reason for this would be to prepare people before finally telling the whole story.

IFF this indeed were true, why not 'divulge' this secret in such a way as to show that indeed the US did not hide this information from the people (have a puppet country do it instead), or 'divulge' this secret in such a way as to show that the secret was actually know by a select few (top military brass), so the govrnmnt cannot be held accountable...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
That's likely EXACTLY what's planned.....

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
why would the covert group leak info on this? Surely they'd have lots to loose by doing this?

Lemme shed some light on your question...what could possibly be the easiest way of making something sound ridiculous? Slipping a little truth into something a bit outlandish and telling it to a nutjob or a simple minded gossip or a greedy snakeoil salesman and having them spread it far and wide throughout the UFO community. Soon that truth waters down and is replaced by outrageous claims of discarnate alien entities and Galactic Federations and useless trinkets and books. Disinformation is a 2 way street and if a covert agency working in anonymity in this world has knowledge of aliens and UFO's they needn't worry much about the truth leaking when they can hide it in plain view and allow the UFO community to create and spread new misinformation. The UFO community has far too many hoaxers and fringe wackos operating within the community for us to be able to guage what may and many not be the truth. People like Richard Reed and David Icke, Billy Meier and Zach Sitchin all spread so much disinformation that some covert agency has no need to leak anything anymore. The UFO community creates the disinformation, the UFO community "proves" it and then we all cannibalize it and create our own individual disinformations and spread them. We're so swamped in our own stupidity and imagination that we may never see the truth even if it were disclosed.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

We're so swamped in our own stupidity and imagination that we may never see the truth even if it were disclosed.

An interesting, and honest interpretation....

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Considering the evidence of collusion of the government with the Zetans, I'm not sure I really want full disclosure until the alien abductions stop occurring -- especially those that involve uniformed US soldiers helping the Greys.

I don't necessarily believe in the New World Order, but full disclosure under these conditions would only serve to validate an imperialistic state that abuses many common citizens; this is not a pleasant prospect.

What would happen if full disclosure did occur and then the government decided to make it illegal for common civilians to defend themselves against alien abductions, say, under the legal blanket of diplomatic immunity?

All the NWO alarmists would be claiming that they were right all along!

Which they would be!

[edit on 2-7-2004 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Considering the evidence of collusion of the government with the Zetans, I'm not sure I really want full disclosure until the alien abductions stop occurring -- especially those that involve uniformed US soldiers helping the Greys.

There is no evidence. If there was there would be no need for an Alien/UFO forum for people to question their existence.

I don't necessarily believe in the New World Order, but full disclosure under these conditions would only serve to validate an imperialistic state that abuses many common citizens; this is not a pleasant prospect.

You don't believe there's a New World Order but you believe in an alien race called the Zetans?

What would happen if full disclosure did occur and then the government decided to make it illegal for common civilians to defend themselves against alien abductions, say, under the legal blanket of diplomatic immunity?

If they made it illegal to defend against an alien attack you'd be the first they come looking for after your narrow James Bond like escapes from the Zetans mind control rays.

[edit on 7/2/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The most important thing to know is that you really never know what is a lie and what is not. And that is exactly what the government wants you to think.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Last I heard, this covert group, also called Majestic 12, is not a part of the government anymore. They were until 1969, after that, they became a private owned organization, financed by big money (coming from unknown sources). So, it may be very possible that the government can't say anything - they simply don't even know. Maybe MJ-12, when they were a part of the government, had too little information or the president at the time decided to shut the group down (either MJ-12 wanted to be a private organization, or something else).

Why keep it a secret then? Well, the first thing is of couse: people would panic. Second, I think the high-ups want it to be a secret, in case the aliens would be friendly or scientific. That is, imagine if the public knew there were aliens out there, and that they were peaceful. Corporations don't want this. They don't want peace, because with peace, they can't gain anything. The aliens would learn people new stuff, maybe new systems of government, much better than ours are now. That would be catastrophic.

And if they come, in the near future (2012
), evil or good, is there any sence why they would keep it a secret? Well, they could develop a plan, maybe they have constructed secret bunkers and all, or are constructing. Might as well use the system as much as possible to get as much as possible to survive in those bunkers, as long as possible. Yes, when a life-form faces desperation, it will most likely use any method to survive.

Or, the last option. There are no secrets, no aliens or UFOs in any group's possesion. Therefore, nothing will be revealed because there is nothing to reveal.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

But, if they can then point to their efforts of gradual indoctrination, they can claim (believably) that they were simply avoiding a panic, and trying to get the info out there without doing so.

Well, I'm not sure I believe this is a method that would be accepted right off the bat. Simply because - assuming that alien visitations and abductions are real - it's too big a lie. It would mean either that these kidnappings are something the government agree to or can't stop happening. I really have a hard time believing people would accept it just because of the explanation of a gradual indoctrination. This is something I'm sure the government must realize.

Lemme shed some light on your question...what could possibly be the easiest way of making something sound ridiculous? Slipping a little truth into something a bit outlandish and telling it to a nutjob or a simple minded gossip or a greedy snakeoil salesman and having them spread it far and wide throughout the UFO community. Soon that truth waters down and is replaced by outrageous claims of discarnate alien entities and Galactic Federations and useless trinkets and books.

I think you're absolutly right in this. Yet this still doesn't answer the question why the government would willingly leak the information in the first place - assuming this is happening. If the reason would be to finally come clean in public, then at that time I'm sure we would all know.

And the fact that the combination of nutcases, hoaxers and the ufo community pollutes the truth is really contraproductive if the government wishes to help people adapt to a possible truth about extra terrestrials.

As of now, I believe in the possibility of alien encounters - so I'd guess I'm indoctrinated. Though if the government one day would come clean, I still wouldn't be less upset with them lying about it for so long.

I still fear that if the government one day would admit to this, it would only be because something worse is waiting around the corner..

[edit on 2-7-2004 by Durden]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RX84
Last I heard, this covert group, also called Majestic 12, is not a part of the government anymore. They were until 1969, after that, they became a private owned organization, financed by big money (coming from unknown sources). So, it may be very possible that the government can't say anything - they simply don't even know. Maybe MJ-12, when they were a part of the government, had too little information or the president at the time decided to shut the group down (either MJ-12 wanted to be a private organization, or something else).

What you heard is called...HERESAY. There's no evidence to support your speculations.

Originally posted by RX84Corporations don't want this. They don't want peace, because with peace, they can't gain anything.

The aliens would learn people new stuff, maybe new systems of government, much better than ours are now.

These two sentences above were seriously childish. Corporations MUST be evil and aliens MUST be beneficial.
We can't even begin to assume what alien motives are IF they visit Earth at all. Nor are Corporations inherently evil. It's the people behind a select few corporations that are. Corporations are nothing more than paperwork.

Originally posted by RX84
Or, the last option. There are no secrets, no aliens or UFOs in any group's possesion. Therefore, nothing will be revealed because there is nothing to reveal.

And herein lies what may possibly be the truth that none of us want to accept so we continue to stretch our imaginations.

[edit on 7/2/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The lie may run so deep and so far back in time that coming clean now would do more harm than good. Or it may put certain people out of a job.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
The lie may run so deep and so far back in time that coming clean now would do more harm than good. Or it may put certain people out of a job.

Yes. I think it's absolutely so. It can't possibly be accepted by the majority of people that a lie as big as this has been kept this long. I mean really, it's not a freggin new secret stealth bomber we're talking about.

Honestly it's not realistic to think that we one day are going to see the government admitting to having this secret kept for God knows how long and then come clean, end of story. If this were to happen, there has to be a reason. A reason we might not like.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by Durden]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
tyler- in response to your original question...

why would the government tell the truth? because they know we wont believe it!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
tyler- in response to your original question...

why would the government tell the truth? because they know we wont believe it!

True. We wouldn't. I would laugh, cause it sounds funny. But it's actually pretty sad
. Not your fault though, Scatman. You're a funny guy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join