It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Ok For FBI To 'Cultivate' A Terror Patsy To Bust At Just The Right Time In A High Profile Wa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Not my title by the way -
I found this vid with O'Reilly and Judge Napolitano discussing the Portland incident involving a potential terrorist attack. The issue is, was this guy led down the patsy path by the FBI or was he a genuine threat all along. In retrospect, and without reviewing all of the evidence It is my opinion that this guy was a threat and should have been arrested. The issue is how this whole thing panned out. Napolitano is bringing up a point about "thought crimes," as in someone can not be arrested for what they say or think, but this guy's own father called the FBI out of concern, I guess what happened thereafter is under scrutiny. Do you think he should have been arrested after his father called with concern about his son harming someone, before he actually put his plan into action?
Anyway, I thought it was an interesting analogy from both sides of the issue.

MoxNews

Peace,
spec
edit on 1-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yeah well if Republicans were in Office this would not be airing on Fox News.
In my opinion, as long as the evidence shows(and I believe it will) that they gave this terrorist every opportunity to back out of this, the FBI acted appropriately. The reason they let it go as far as they did is so that they could build a stronger case for life imprisonment. If guilty, life imprisonment is where this terrorist belongs.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Yeah well if Republicans were in Office this would not be airing on Fox News.

Curious to your thinking here? I don't think it would make a difference because it is a good story and another opportunity to show cons vs liberal perspectives.
Other than that, I agree and am glad this guy got put away. I am just curious about the procedures involved leading up to the incident, and what some may think.
Thanks for the reply,

spec
edit on 1-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Looks like airspoon also got a hold of this story, so for a more insightful expose':
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This thread may coexist with the thread in Breaking Alternative News.

Just a reminder.

new topics

top topics

join