It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all just a bunch of cry babies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have been thinking about these "harsh economic times" and as an American, I think of the real hardships other generations and people from other countries have to endure even to this day and i have to ask myself, are we just a bunch of cry babies?

I look around and I think about how we moan and complain about the haves and the have nots. Even with all the b.s going around, we as americans have it good no matter how you look at it, our future on the other hand is another story, but i digress...Can we really say we have it rough? The majority of us have a bed to go home to, we have internet, computers, tvs, radios, smart phones, fashionable clothing, cars etc etc...we have not seen any hardships like the ones during the great depression or that of people in 3rd world countries.

yeah things may not be all sunshine and rainbows and gumdrops but whoever said it was? the world evolves, politics and the way business is run is evolving, changing. we have to figure away to stay ahead and evolve with the times during the globalization of our planet.

i bet the guy that had a booming horse and cart business just before the model t came out just sat there and cried and moaned at how unfair this new technology was, or he could of saw the innovation and invested in it and got in on the action.

alot of times all this doom and gloom talk on this board gets me thinking negatively, but i am going to try and keep a positive outlook on the current situation. so many people have had it or currently have it much worse than we do. a little late for this thanksgiving rant but i think we should be grateful at the same time remaining aware and vigilant.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Since 300 years the world is going steadily up, up, up. We are insanely rich compared to back then. The average Joe today is richer than the Royals of 400 years ago, some of who didnt even have bathtubs to wash themselves. The Doomssayers are ignorant of the Big Picture.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

The way i look at it, at least we as the lower classes have lived in a generation that can read and write. Something most of modern mankind has never had. Just to articulate your thoughts for most of us, must be very new to mankind as a whole.

I think about ths stuff too, and i think its funny that we are forced to use our brains to think, and learn. Without this force we would never of learned and be just like generations before.

Even though we where forced into schools that are like prisons in many respects, them forcing this on us, made sure that most of us can at least articulate something and have a more than basic thinking process.

Like william cooper said of the ptb that look down on us.

"People who do not use there intelligence are no better than animals who have no intelligence".

Supposedly the ptb say this, and i think in many ways it is right, and we live in a society today that forces us to live a life that without that force we would of never been able to read or write or anything really. We are all forced in modern countries to use our brain and intelligence aginst our will, and for us to learn. Without this force amazingly we may of never used our brains at all. Isn't that weird?

When i first heard that sentence above i thought it was just upper class twats, but when you think about it, t makes alot of sense. Also its the reason why we live probably in a dictatorship in effect today, and in the future.

Who knows if what they do is right or wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It is pretty true. The U.S. isn't such a bad place.

You just have to be careful of the food, water and air. Then ignorant violent people.

And you should be pretty good

I say, "at least we aren't in Africa." Just think what goes on there.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Since 300 years the world is going steadily up, up, up. We are insanely rich compared to back then. The average Joe today is richer than the Royals of 400 years ago, some of who didnt even have bathtubs to wash themselves. The Doomssayers are ignorant of the Big Picture.

You do realize that inmates in prisons also have it better than 300 years ago in terms of comfort and security/safety, stability right??

Are you implying that even though they are locked up and controlled and told what they can and cannot do and are ultimately imprisoned are STILL better off because they have plumbing? A consistent meal? Guards and babysitters ensuring their safety and waiting on virtually all of their needs?

Have you considered that is where this up and up and up is heading eventually? A world state where we are all taken care of at the cost of our freedoms and ability to take care of ourselves? Wouldn't this go against the grain in terms of an evolving race of people where by hardships instill wherewithal?

I don't know about you but I would rather suffer the hardships of taking care of myself completely on my own without outside intervention, then to live a live in a cage where everything I could ever need is provided for me.

That is what I'm "crying" about....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
We may be rich, but are we happy?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't think we're cry babies, I just think that the majority of the western world is caught in the rat trap and the inevitable culture of greed. For years we ran around with the new 'must haves' and deep down we all surely know we haven't earned it nor deserved it as alot of what funds it or funds the abilty to get it, and hence the 'must have' lifestyle, was the era of cheap credit. Our kids want for nothing and are impatient, yet move onto the next must have in no time. We were truly gluttonous creatures, maybe we still are. Now that it's all coming to an end in one way or another, the finger pointing starts, the jealousy erupts, the 'haves and have nots' gulfs widen, the misery and rot sets in.

Ask yourself this, when did you last truly see a quality item, built to last forever? They don't come by too often these days do they? That's because we live in a throwaway society. That friends, must have an affect on our behaviour also. Look at family breakdown, divorce, abuse, emigration from birthplace etc all of which is 'normal' compared to our fathers' generation. We have lost compassion too in my opinion, and local culture and society has been negatively affected. We've become insular, unable to communicate en masse as a society or movement because we've never been truly part of one. I ramble here I know, but our epoch will be judged on who we were and how we were remembered and not on the gadgets we had. They'll look back to our time and agree that we were a miserable, greedy, weak and lonely group of sods.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
i also want to point out, that it takes a near global economic breakdown for people to start speaking up. sure some people will always complain about their situation, it just seems now that the S is about to HTF more and more people are now realizing how messed up things are. hmmmm i wonder if the economy gets better and quality of life continues to improve will people still complain about TPTB?

top topics

join