It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America bashing threads...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The funniest thing about this whole topic (whos on top) is its all perception. There is no "top." There are places wher we all live. They all have their pros and cons. The rest is in your/ my mind. But when people "bash" the US it is a sign that we are or were or should be held in high regard/ standard. But again there is no "top." There is no competition for the "greatest country on earth."

What that sentiment stems from though isWW2. The reason America is in everything stems from WW2. If we hadnt run the show the world would look like a different place. Be it good or bad, since then we have had out fingers in everyones pie. I agree, this is to a fault. When countries and dictators # up their surrounding neighbors it is not our job anymore to step in and be police. It is not our job to step in and be the humanitarian aid or the ecenomic bailout.

There aint nothin wrong with calling out mistakes of others. As an American I think its our obligation to hold accountable the mistakes of our leaders and our past.

That being said we should be looking out for our own, participate in the world economy and give em all the finger when it comes to anything but increasing our advantage in the world marketplace.

Your country should do the same.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
I am totally amazed that even with all we have in common which is what brought us all here from every corner of the earth in the first place, that we can't put all of the childish name calling threads away. We are ALL in deep sh*t like it or not and you would think a small community of like-minded individuals could ban together to discuss the things we all hold dear like adults without all of the trolling for fights.
Personally I think the administration should ban threads that instigate fighting and name calling. Furthermore they should ban the members who start the threads.
I guess our little biosphere is proof that we as a race are doomed. If we can't even get along to discuss the worlds problems there is absolutely no way we will ever see the day they are solved.

Any one else sick of this???

Why have you called this site "bashing America" if you hate those kind of threads! Surely you should have called it something like "country bashing threads" You have just turned this thread into a thread you supposedly hate.

I think you will find that every country is bashed on this site, the worst being China in my opinion. Yes, it is very sad that people have a strong patriotism for their country. To the point where their country is the only thing that matters. Its just a ptimitive way of thinking and it will be years until we look at the world differently

At the end of the day, we are all human, and we are all related. Yes, just like brothers and sisters. But at the moment we are a hateful and primitive race that still deals in tribal warfare. Something we have been doing since humans walked the earth.

Maybe something bad has too happen before we can see our real purpose. Or maybe this is just the way we are, and will always be

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

I really wish you americans would stop taking it personal, its nothing to do with you.. it is your leaders

Uhm, no, I don't agree. You are letting them off far too easily.
I blame Americans for being complacent in the fact that their leaders are so corrupt, that their businesses are so corrupt, that their military and police are so corrupt.

Whose fault is it if not the people who elect the politicians and go along with the unsavory business practices as long as they get their cut? Whose fault is it that more Americans don't question or challenge the "anything goes" freemarket system, the every man for himself philosophy that sees the down and out as deserving of their misery?

I do blame the Americans. They are guilty of neglect, of not caring what their government does to people in other countries or to who suffers from their policies as long as they have what they want themselves.

Not every American is the same, but enough are that they must be held accountable.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

In the recent threads that you are referring to (I know because I was involved in them) it was actually the Pro-America people throwing around the insults and name-calling - NOT the people supposedly "bashing" America.

Just wanted to make sure everyone knew this. The moderated posts and banned members in those threads are perfect proof of what I am saying.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

I am. I will not respond to anymore bashing.

This poster here was involved in the name-calling and insults.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Everyone in the world fled to America to be free.

There's nowhere to flee to now that America turned into what everyone fled. I find that sad and proof that humanity is not an intelligent species.

We can't even create a place to live where our species is free without fear of Government throwing them out of their homes or killing them.

We don't even have our God given rights to our own lives and bodies now. It's tragic what has happened. I find it tragic how many people died separating American from England when in the end we became England anyways.

The only thing that will save mankind is if God floods the planet again and starts over. But that b@st@rd said he would never do it again so we're all screwed. Thanks alot God.....

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

The only thing that will save mankind is if God floods the planet again and starts over. But that b@st@rd said he would never do it again so we're all screwed. Thanks alot God.....

Lol, you made my night mate

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

You are right God ain't going to flood the world again. God is going to burn it next time, and start all over.

When it comes to this thread. It is all about racism. That is what Patriotism is. Its about loyalty to your Country and its people. We all look up to our flag and we are told to defend it, we are not told to share it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

What exactly are you looking for? I am not privy to whatever threads some of you may have been in that were so disgusting, but as far as legitimate criticism goes, is there any way to sugar coat it that would make it more palatable? Bad news is bad news, and alot of it lately has originated with American actions.

Them there's just the facts folks. If America and Americans weren't so up their a s s e s in a self made mess, then there wouldn't be anything for the rest of us to talk about except maybe other people's messes.

But talking about messes is something we have to do; otherwise the messes would just keep on happening.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

What exactly are you looking for? I am not privy to whatever threads some of you may have been in that were so disgusting, but as far as legitimate criticism goes, is there any way to sugar coat it that would make it more palatable? Bad news is bad news, and alot of it lately has originated with American actions.

Them there's just the facts folks. If America and Americans weren't so up their a s s e s in a self made mess, then there wouldn't be anything for the rest of us to talk about except maybe other people's messes.

But talking about messes is something we have to do; otherwise the messes would just keep on happening.

He/she is talking about this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
and this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The root of the issue is that the "America - F$@# YEAH" crowd cannot STAND it when someone says something bad about their precious, gold-plated country. Not only do they flock to those threads in great numbers and work together to attempt to degrade and insult posters, they then whinge, whine and cry when they are moderated and banned for those same insults.

The evidence is in those 2 threads. Just take a looksie through and note the amount of banned posters and moderated posts. I keep screenshots of every thread I post in so if necessary I can show anyone who wants them the proof of the insults and childish name-calling being perpetrated by these people, before they are moderated or banned.
edit on 2/12/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by allthegoodusernamestaken
This may come as a surprise to you Americans, but the sun does not shine out of your asshole. Personally, I wish we would evict every American from our country, and have nothing to do with you. I despise you, as a populace, country and mentality. You make me sick, it makes me sick that I have to share this earth with such braindead, moronic scum like Americans. If you can summon the energy to do some travelling, you'll learn that this is a common view.

I have done some travelling and all I can say is my country is the best nation on the planet. The sun certainly revolves around us and its far better than any of the other $hitholes whiners blaming all their problems on the U.S.

Maybe if other countries could learn how to forge through their lives like Americans do, we wouldn't have to bail you out of your own messes.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

I have done some travelling and all I can say is my country is the best nation on the planet.

You mustn't have travelled far beyond your own borders then.

The sun certainly revolves around us and its far better than any of the other $hitholes whiners blaming all their problems on the U.S.

Yeah, and the Earth is flat.

Maybe if other countries could learn how to forge through their lives like Americans do, we wouldn't have to bail you out of your own messes.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it YOUR banking system that just plunged the world into a Global Financial Crisis? Never mind telling OTHERS to sort their problems out, how about you STOP FORCING YOUR PROBLEMS ONTO US?

Novel thought I know.......

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

Originally posted by allthegoodusernamestaken
This may come as a surprise to you Americans, but the sun does not shine out of your asshole. Personally, I wish we would evict every American from our country, and have nothing to do with you. I despise you, as a populace, country and mentality. You make me sick, it makes me sick that I have to share this earth with such braindead, moronic scum like Americans. If you can summon the energy to do some travelling, you'll learn that this is a common view.

I have done some travelling and all I can say is my country is the best nation on the planet. The sun certainly revolves around us and its far better than any of the other $hitholes whiners blaming all their problems on the U.S.

Your cities are #, your towns are boring, your countryside is ugly and dirty, your food sucks, your people are some of the fattest human beings on the face of the planet, so much so that my jaw actually dropped when I first saw one, your women are all trampy, dumpy monstrosities and everyone else is so #ing stupid. I got asked if we spoke English in England. Need I say more? Your country doesn't even compare to Switzerland, Germany, the Nordic countries, Austria or Italy.

The last poster summed that one up nicely.

edit on 2-12-2010 by allthegoodusernamestaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I am not sure why you even replied to the poster just before you. What he/she said was obviously just nonsense and hardly worth replying to; especially since it was probably delivered just to evoke a knee-jerk emotional response and nothing more.

It would seem to me that logic would mean nothing to someone like that.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The internet never fails to fascinate me...

How 310,000,000 people can be judged by the actions, cultures and decisions made by just a few 1000's in power or government is beyond me. People are indeed people, not every man in the world may see eye to eye, some are hideously misinformed, some are helplessely ill-educated, some are absolutely volatile to anything they do not understand, but this is the internet. It's the planet's way of allowing people to make cause and effect with next to no consequence. Communication in the flesh is somewhat different, you all know this.

I may have a strong distaste for the more radical American Nationalism but you can be damned sure I'd still share a beer with them and talk about life.

Perception people, perception.

edit on 2-12-2010 by BAZ752 because: bloody pesky typos

edit on 2-12-2010 by BAZ752 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Forgive me, I'm a little overtired from pulling a 48 hour Assignment marathon to get a Uni assignment done

I don't know why I bother, when one is moderated or banned 10 others take his place. They are like breeding rabbits.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BAZ752

How 310,000,000 people can be judged by the actions, cultures and decisions made by just a few 1000's in power or government is beyond me.

Because it is up to those 310 million of you to vote OUT the people who are causing this issue. You fail to do so and therefore you are to be blamed for causing the mess we are all currently in.

Democracy - you all proudly shout it to the world but fail to make use of it when its most needed. When America votes out the corruption and tyrannical leaders THEN and ONLY THEN will the rest of the world start to see Americans in general as being people of their word.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

How 310,000,000 people can be judged by the actions, cultures and decisions made by just a few 1000's in power or government is beyond me.

Because it is up to those 310 million of you to vote OUT the people who are causing this issue. You fail to do so and therefore you are to be blamed for causing the mess we are all currently in.

Democracy - you all proudly shout it to the world but fail to make use of it when its most needed. When America votes out the corruption and tyrannical leaders THEN and ONLY THEN will the rest of the world start to see Americans in general as being people of their word.

Kryties, behave yourself you smeg-head
I'm from the United Kingdom. I'm not one to argue over this matter, but I was entitled to an opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Kryties, behave yourself you smeg-head
I'm from the United Kingdom. I'm not one to argue over this matter, but I was entitled to an opinion.

My apologies Rimmer
I did not mean to come across so harshly and nor did I know you were from the U.K.

Now that its out in the open I may as well say it....

BETTER DEAD THAN SMEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join