It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Passes Most Restrictive Legislation Yet Against Health Freedom. Bill S.510

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

U.S. Passes Most Restrictive Legislation Yet Against Health Freedom. Bill S.510

www.infowars.com

The United States Senate has passed the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (S.510) yesterday by a vote of 73 to 25 demonstrating a clear mandate to destroy health freedom in America.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.naturalnews.com

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The United States Senate has passed the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (S.510) yesterday by a vote of 73 to 25 demonstrating a clear mandate to destroy health freedom in America.

The House of Representatives approved a different version of the food safety bill in 2009; however, the bill’s sponsor Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) said the House has agreed to adopt the Senate version, bypassing the need for a conference to integrate the two bills. Once approved, the bill will move on to President Barack Obama for his signature.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will now have more power to police all food companies under the bill. It gives the FDA unprecedented powers to preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes.

The bill will now:

- end United States sovereignty over its own food supply by insisting on compliance with the WTO, thus threatening national security.

- allow the government, under Maritime Law, to define the introduction of any food into commerce (even direct sales between individuals) as smuggling into “the United States.”

- impose Codex Alimentarius on the US, a global system of control over food. It allows the United Nations (UN), World Health Organization (WHO), UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and the WTO to take control of every food on earth and remove access to natural food supplements.

- remove the right to clean, store and thus own seed in the US, putting control of seeds in the hands of Monsanto and other multinationals, threatening US security.

- allow the government to mandate antibiotics, hormones, slaughterhouse waste, pesticides and GMOs.
A d v e r t i s e m e n t

- use food crimes as the entry into police state power and control. The bill postpones defining all the regulations to be imposed; postpones defining crimes to be punished, postpones defining penalties to be applied. It removes fundamental constitutional protections from all citizens in the country, making them subject to a corporate tribunal with unlimited power and penalties, and without judicial review. It is (similar to C-36 in Canada) the end of Rule of Law in the US.

Bill S. 510 essentially will strengthen all the forces that have led to the consolidation of the food supply in the hands of a few industrial food producers, while definitively harming small producers who give consumers the choice to buy fresh and health local foods.

Here are the names of the 73 US Senators who sold out the American public’s right to grow and sell crops from their own gardens and farms without government oversight, regulation or permission.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Anyone else see all their (elite 5% of the world) chess pieces moving into place? Not too long now and....check-mate.

THEM (World Elite):

Patriot Act - Check
Food Modernization Act - Check
Mandatory Vaccinations - in progress
Destruction of Economy - Check
Control of middle east - in progress
Control of transportation (TSA) - Check
Health Care Revamp - Check

THE PEOPLE:

-Peacefully Protest - check
-Revolution - TBA? (probably not)

and well that is about all we have in our bag of tricks.

Not too long now and game over.

edit on 1-12-2010 by Sly1one because: alterations

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
S&F for you

Codex Alimentarius en route.

WMDs for dinner - I'm lovin' it.

edit on 1-12-2010 by WfknSmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
well i see its back to shootin them there revenuers

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Now they just have to try and enforce it.

In Virginia, when the feds try to enforce stuff like this, our general assembly usually passes a law against it, or at least tries to, or restricts what the feds can do through court orders.

Examples: mandatory health insurance, nullified here. Federal imminent domain claims are also being challenged. I notice other states are also getting antsy about their 10th amendment rights. Even in the major newspapers here, they're talking about how states are seeing expanding federal power as abusive and badly in need of checks and balances.

They can pass stuff like this but enforcing it is something entirely different.

And I know for a fact it wouldn't get to a local level, with local cops enforcing this stuff, without one hell of a fight all the way down the legal chain of command. The fed isn't some organized monarchy anyway.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I cant believe this was passed what do they actually do on the floor of the US congress apart from take part is massive yes men seminars.

Do they ever vote no to any of these horrible bills ?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hello everyone just got back on here today as I have taken some time off being p----- at the latest stuff going on! I see where this b.s. is hitting now; Can anyone here tell me their recommendations as I see no other way than taking these so-called political psycho's out of office! Where do they possibly believe we as americans are going to give up ALL of our GOD-given rights and when are we going to be sx-- on enough?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Anyone else see all their (elite 5% of the world) chess pieces moving into place? Not too long now and....check-mate.

THEM (World Elite):

Patriot Act - Check
Health Care Revamp - Check ...

Yes, I saw it comming twenty years ago. However you forgot a few. as per Kissinger:
Control Money: - Check
Control Food: - in progress (they need to remove the amendment and ad the Commerce Clause)
Control Energy: - Cap & Trade slated to be our Christmas Present

RFID Tag everyone: see T.S.A. : Birth of A Monster, Coup Against American Rights, F.E.M.A. Started and D.A.R.P.A. Finished by SpartanKingLeonidas

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

TextHouse May Block Food Safety Bill Over Senate Error

Source

Hopefully this happens and then the debate can be taken up in the next congress where we can all pray that common sense prevails.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

ERRrr I agree about the tenth Amendment but not this:

They can pass stuff like this but enforcing it is something entirely different.

And I know for a fact it wouldn't get to a local level, with local cops enforcing this stuff, without one hell of a fight all the way down the legal chain of command. The fed isn't some organized monarchy anyway.

The USDA has already been practicing!

This is just one incident that happened not too far from me. (Virginia) A friend when and actually look at the mess (feces and toilet paper among other things) left by the "food Safety" Gestapo.

nonais.org...
In most states, no warrant is required to enter the farm and tests are not required to confirm a disease...

At 5:00 AM on September 12, 2006, Cindi and Danny Henshaw were awakened by their local Virginia game warden, who arrested Danny on an apparently trumped up Class 2 Misdemeanor charge and took him from his Willis River Hunting preserve for supposedly, “operating a mammalian hunting enclosure without a permit.” As soon as Danny was out of the way, 9 SUV’s and pickups, 4 wheelers, and numerous heavily armed agents entered the Henshaw property with a Quarantine Order and began shooting Henshaw’s hogs and sheep with 12 gauge shotguns. Some 270 shell casings were also found....

Danny was released from custody in 2 hours and allowed to return to the farm where he and Cindi were controlled around the clock by armed guards from September 12th through September 22nd.

A command center had been set up and another raid was being conducted near Farmville in Cumberland County, Virginia, at the same time....

...regulations allow 180 days for sell out for slaughter before an order of mandatory destruction is issued. Pseudorabies infected hogs are safe for human consumption. The Henshaws should have been allowed to sell their hogs for slaughter, if pseudorabies had been detected, but they were not allowed to test, confirm the presence of pseudorabies, or sell their hogs. They were only allowed to listen to the gunshots and hear the screaming, wounded, dying hogs....

From A Witness at the trial:
Norman was not aware this was going on at all and was a bit peeved. He figured that Dan would just have to make arrangements to make payments or whatever. Norman was not happy with this sort of treatment.

Finally, the gal called over the Commonwealth Atty. Bell and said Danny was being un-co operative. Bell spoke to the gal and finally settled it, I guess. Danny was not happy with her attitude at all.

While we were talking to Norman, he pointed out the laws that were sited on the original warrant. ( there were several quoted on the original papers) and Norman found, after a great deal of study, there was no law at all that pertained to this case, especially how it was carried out with no notice or warning to correct the problem, if in fact one existed. Basically the bottom line is Danny was convicted on laws that do not even exist. SO MUCH FOR JUSTICE….

A friend drove up to the sight and confirmed this. It was a mess, blood, human feces and toilet paper - THAT is supposed to be "FOOD SAFETY" ?????

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I guess I will have to become a ‘food dealer’.

“You got the goods?” (Looks around nervously)
“Yeah I got the goods. Two pounds of Tomatoes and remember don’t tell anyone where you got this.”

Many of our Founding Fathers were farmers and planters they weren’t corporate farmers either. Do you think for one minute they would sit by and let some Federal bureaucrat make laws which criminalize peaceful behavior and sales? I don’t think so!

This is horrendous and appalling. The only people who belong in prison are those that are now going to have an unstoppable monopoly over our food supply. If I want to sell the food I grow or make that is no one else’s business but mine and the person I am selling it to.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

TextHouse May Block Food Safety Bill Over Senate Error

Source

Hopefully this happens and then the debate can be taken up in the next congress where we can all pray that common sense prevails.

A country with empowered free people who are supposed to be able to change and alter the function of their country shouldn't have to "PRAY" common sense prevails.

So I guess that concludes what kind of country we are really living in when we start "praying" and "hoping" common sense prevails.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by Sly1one

THEM (World Elite):

Patriot Act - Check
Health Care Revamp - Check ...

Yes, I saw it comming twenty years ago. However you forgot a few. as per Kissinger:
Control Money: - Check
Control Food: - in progress (they need to remove the amendment and ad the Commerce Clause)
Control Energy: - Cap & Trade slated to be our Christmas Present

RFID Tag everyone: see T.S.A. : Birth of A Monster, Coup Against American Rights, F.E.M.A. Started and D.A.R.P.A. Finished by SpartanKingLeonidas

Yes your right, well add:

Control of money/currency (FED) - Check
Control of basic living necessities:
Carbon Tax (air) - in progress
Food modernization Act (food) - Check
Water - in progress (last I checked its not illegal to collect and sanitize fresh water) coming soon to a "Act" near you!!!
Energy (carbon tax again) - in progress

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Once again, not only Boxer and Feinstein, but all of the Democrats, voted to strip Americans of additional freedoms.
And the sheep go baaah, bhaaaa, baaaa.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Now that's scary, and I think most people around here would agree with me.

It's one thing if he's missing some kind of permit, but to immediately shoot all his livestock?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

A country with empowered free people who are supposed to be able to change and alter the function of their country shouldn't have to "PRAY" common sense prevails.

So I guess that concludes what kind of country we are really living in when we start "praying" and "hoping" common sense prevails.

I could not agree with you more....unfortunately we have allowed our govt impose to way to many draconian laws upon us and praying that some common sense and wisdom befell those two chambers is the least of what we can do right now.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

I cant believe this was passed what do they actually do on the floor of the US congress apart from take part is massive yes men seminars.

Do they ever vote no to any of these horrible bills ?

Before I voted I asked Senator Burr his opinion on a bunch of bills including S510. He said he would not vote for the bill.

Tuesday I found he DID vote for the bill. According to the "sweet young thing" in his office he voted YES because of the Amendment. An amendment that can be removed with a one liner slipped into a 2000 page bill a couple years from now.

Look at the Obamacare bill - they slip in this:

Section 9006 of the health care bill -- just a few lines buried in the 2,409-page document -- mandates that beginning in 2012 all companies will have to issue 1099 tax forms not just to contract workers but to any individual or corporation from which they buy more than $600 in goods or services in a tax year.

The stealth change radically alters the nature of 1099s and means businesses will have to issue millions of new tax documents each year... money.cnn.com...

Monday night the Senate failed to repeal the hated 1099 rule that small businesses say will bury them in paperwork and drive up costs

That section 9006 and S. 510 sends the message loud and clear. The US government is now gunning for small businesses... and us

Small firms:
• Represent 99.7 percent of all employer firms.
• Employ half of all private sector employees.
• Pay 44 percent of total U.S. private payroll.
• Generated 65 percent of net new jobs over the past 17 years.
• Create more than half of the nonfarm private GDP.
• Hire 43 percent of high tech workers (scientists, engineers, computer programmers, and others).
• Are 52 percent home-based and 2 percent franchises.
• Made up 97.5 percent of all identified exporters and produced 31 percent of export value in FY 2008.
• Produce 13 times more patents per employee than large patenting firms.
www.sba.gov/advo/research/rs328tot.pdf

In the last 9 months, small businesses have hired back 200,000 workers. What is more Small firms are AMERICAN.

Statistics (courtesy of Bridgewater) showed in 1990,before WTO was ratified, Foreign ownership of U.S. assets amounted to 33% of U.S. GDP. By 2002 this had increased to over 70% of U.S. GDP. www.fame.org...

If you want a real eye opener a list of the industries with over 50% foreign ownership, See Source Watch: www.sourcewatch.org...

Even our seaports, bridges and toll roads have been sold to Foreigners! The Department of Homeland Security says 80% of our ports are operated by Foreigners and they are buying and running US bridges and toll roads. www.alabamaeagle.org...

All we really had left was our farms and small businesses and now those are under attack. Our government has sold us!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

This is horrendous and appalling. The only people who belong in prison are those that are now going to have an unstoppable monopoly over our food supply. If I want to sell the food I grow or make that is no one else’s business but mine and the person I am selling it to.

Yes,

Now milk and homemade apple pie are ILLEGAL!!!

Our freedom as Americans appears to have come down to homemade pie. And a glass of whatever milk we choose to wash it down. Our democracy appears to have come down to whether we remember and will defend our unlicensed, unhampered, un-infringed, un-monitored, un-surveilled, unregulated, un-criminalized, unlimited, full and free right to homemade pie and a glass of milk. - Including seconds....

The state of Pennsylvania is saying very clearly that we do not have that right, in pies or in milk...

On the first Friday of Lent, an elderly female parishioner of St. Cecilia Catholic Church began unwrapping pies at the church. That’s when the trouble started. A state inspector, there for an annual checkup on the church’s kitchen, spied the desserts. After it was determined that the pies were home-baked, the inspector decreed they couldn’t be sold....
farmwars.info...

Linn says it so much better than I can. I sure hope she is OK. No articles for close to a year and someone was harassing her the last time we communicated.....

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
maybe im blind or they used different working but can someone point out where in the bill it says you cant save seeds anymore? i searched the text for seed but nothing came up in the whole document.
www.govtrack.us...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join