It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC's 'Net neutrality' plan would permit super-tiers, network traffic throttling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

FCC's 'Net neutrality' plan would permit super-tiers, network traffic throttling

www.rawstory.com

Internet providers will not be subjected to so-called "Net neutrality" rules and may experiment with tiered, usage-based pricing and "network management" practices, according to new rules being considered by the Federal Communications Commission this month.

Advocates of Net neutrality had hoped the regulatory agency would mandate Internet service providers treat all traffic equally: one of the Web's founding principles.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
UH-OH....Here we go again!

Big brother, and their Corporate masters, trying to get their foot back in the door towards net dominance and control!

Can't have the slave class having too much access to unlimited info and freedom now, can we? Let's wage class warfare over the net too, limiting only those who can AFFORD 'tiers' to have access to info! Another way for the megacorps to gouge the masses, control the info, and have their puppets in the gov enforce it upon us.

It's a trip, they just keep coming back, again and again, trying to figure out an angle to control the net, and the masses, because they know the net is exposing their power and control structure, and waking folks up to how we are being manipulated and played!

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Rather than rant about how infuriating the entire commerce-driven intiative is, I will simply state that any plan which the government would label as "net neutrality" clearly indicates that they are in the process of dismantling any semblance of 'neurality' on the net.

As outrageous and unreasonable as it may sound, freedom of speech, not freedom of profiteering, should be what drives the internet.

But they will stifle the market by mandating behaviors which support the paradigm of 'ownership' over communications.

*sigh*

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I view any idea that the net needs to be "changed" by the Government with suspicion. Why dont they just leave us alone. We're just fine.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I also found the 'traffic throttling' imposition to be quite noteworthy.

A way to slow down and control the flow of traffic, and who gets access and when?

I hope people are paying attention here...

new topics

top topics

join