It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Is Monitoring Your Tweets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

blogs.browardpalmbeach.com< br />

The program is called the "Social Media Monitoring and Situational Awareness Initiative," and yes, it's as strange as it sounds. The goal is appropriately vague, "to provide situational awareness and establish a common operating picture for the federal government." Hmmm.
Scroll to page 17 of this recent Homeland Security report and you'll find an extremely lengthy list of the terms -- posted on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and other social media sites -- that will grab the attention of government
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's hard to imagine the world we live in today, we are all considered a threat to the government. This post 9/11 world will never be a world like it once was, we are recorded in every activity, we are always guilty until proven innocent; and the once that monitor us are the most corrupt of them all.

This has to change...

blogs.browardpalmbeach.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The rabbit hole is alot deeper than we can imagine, lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

TWEET .........TWEEET

Testing...TWEEEEET

Can you hear me now??

TWEEEEEEEET...Is this thing on???

Wow, what a boring job those folks have.
Tracking twitter..

Why should anyone be surprised about this?? Really?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

now,what am I going to do about the recent GANG DEATHS, attributed to the FLU, that I also caught, either in the SUBWAY, or from PORK, I should probably report this INCIDENT to the POLICE, but, with all the DELAYS at the BODY SCANNERS, it probably wouldn't be SMART.

I think I'll just go hold myself HOSTAGE on a CLOUD...........

wait, I need to take a LEAK first....................

there, I believe I used em all............guess I'll just wait and see who shows up at my door...........??
edit on 1-12-2010 by ParkerCramer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
They are tweeting us like criminals.................sorry for that horrendous so called attempt at humour

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jonskie

very funny

follow me mr govt @puffpastries you'll catch me packing heat

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jonskie

that was great.

rotflmao

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What do you expect?

People blab on Twitter and show the world who they are on social networks like Facebook. Then cry about privacy.

That is free intel and allows to us build profiles on each and every person who use them.

Corporations do it as well, building customer profiles.

Want to remain private? Don't use Twitter! Don't use Social Networks!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonskie
They are tweeting us like criminals.................sorry for that horrendous so called attempt at humour

oooo you bugger!!... I've just sprayed coffee all over my monitor!

Second line!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

blogs.browardpalmbeach.com< br />

The program is called the "Social Media Monitoring and Situational Awareness Initiative," and yes, it's as strange as it sounds. The goal is appropriately vague, "to provide situational awareness and establish a common operating picture for the federal government." Hmmm.
Scroll to page 17 of this recent Homeland Security report and you'll find an extremely lengthy list of the terms -- posted on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and other social media sites -- that will grab the attention of government
(visit the link for the full news article)

This actually shocks people? Coming from the nation that attacked itself on 9/11, just to start a war? But then again, there is no better way to make money, than to go to war!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well see what it is ... they have these huge new super computers that NEED INPUT... so they gather everything, feed it all in, and create a new monster AI unit

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

It's hard to imagine the world we live in today, we are all considered a threat to the government. This post 9/11 world will never be a world like it once was, we are recorded in every activity, we are always guilty until proven innocent; and the once that monitor us are the most corrupt of them all.

This has to change...

blogs.browardpalmbeach.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

Open communication is a threat to the government...they want total information control to better deceive and control people. Independent thinkers are also a threat.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I may be ignorant but I dont see the problem here.

All your tweets are public anyway so if your silly enough to tweet something that will get federal government attentions then thats your problem.

CT

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

With technology the way it is today. We can be monitored by mobile phones with our conversation and location, Our e-mails and computer usage can also be traced.

All bank transactions and financial records can be traced by major players in the banking system and have this information secret to themselves.

Unfortunatley we are all monitored by the hidden ones!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

The DHS is of course monitoring everything we do. We're slowong being programmed/brainwashed to accept the inevitable. I would feel quite confident in predicting that in the next 20 years, we will be living in FEMA run/built Concentration-style camps. Monitoring our Tweets, and Facebook messages is just the beginning. All our phone will be, or have already been tapped. Does anyone complain? No. We're USED to this abuse!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think I'll tweet FU to them just for the hell of it. That should get their attention

top topics

join