Stephen Harper brings media control to Canada ( Not what we stand for in Canada!!)

page: 1
73
<<   2 >>

log in

join
+54 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This happened quite a while ago, and I searched and could not find a thread on this and I think all Canadians need to see this. I think anyone who believes in Free Press will need to see this as well. This gets my blood boiling. I saw it a while ago and kind of forgot about it. But all the Stephen Harper (The Prime Minister of Canada) talk on here reminded me and motivated me to start this thread.

Check out this Youtube video of a Canadian show that discusses and shows clips of Stephen Harper openly controlling the media.

I mean this is absolutely outrageous. I know this stuff is normal, but to get roasted about it publicly and still play it off like it is nothing to worry about is just amazing.

What the heck is wrong with us Canadians and the Media in general!

Just please watch the video and tell me what you think.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: add to post




posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This Stephen Harper guy I tell ya...

The guy you cannot help but love to hate.

Every time I hear about him it is about something sneaky and snake like that he is doing.

I honestly get mad, but the type of anger that makes you laugh in disbelief.

Cheers people, " Keep on Rocking in A Free World"

My grandfather is probably turning in his grave right now


Or he might be happy that he got to leave before this type of stuff ever happened in plain view.

(It has always happened, but it is like they want to brag about it and show that there is nothing we can do about it.)



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Nice attempt at the spin Stevie. Too bad George is better at this than you are. Bold faced lie exposed. Harper wants to control everything. The press isn't under his control though. Ain't life a bitch Steve?



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid
 


Yeah, this one really backfired on him.

I bet he was wishing that reporter didn't get in past the screeners, or that he had a time machine




posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
wish i could watch this at work... effin hate that guy.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by machines4200
 


Strombo baked Harper's turkey, as he is so good at.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If that was america, he would be able to ask them questions period.

Just be thankful for small and i mean small mercies.
edit on 12/1/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
This happened quite a while ago, and I searched and could not find a thread on this and I think all Canadians need to see this. I think anyone who believes in Free Press will need to see this as well. This gets my blood boiling. I saw it a while ago and kind of forgot about it. But all the Stephen Harper (The Prime Minister of Canada) talk on here reminded me and motivated me to start this thread.

Check out this Youtube video of a Canadian show that discusses and shows clips of Stephen Harper openly controlling the media.

I mean this is absolutely outrageous. I know this stuff is normal, but to get roasted about it publicly and still play it off like it is nothing to worry about is just amazing.

What the heck is wrong with us Canadians and the Media in general!

Just please watch the video and tell me what you think.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: add to post



This is not a Youtube video, that's a clip from Radio Canada! Wake up Corruption Exposed, RC is the big brotherish mainstream media tool of the Liberals, fer chrsissake! For like 20 years they've placed their agents in office in the station, and all they do is to promote their own political agenda.

Of course Stephen Harper is despotic in his own ways... promoting the corporate agenda of his cronies. So the Liberal "opposition" doesn't? Remember that's it's the Liberals who once declared Martial law in the '70s just because a handful of desperate separatists took a few hostages among the power elite, and these were among the lowly politicians.

And it's the latest elect Liberal Prime Minister who once PHYSICALLY ATTACKED a peaceful protester during one of his public appearances! I'll NEVER forget the stance of Radio Canada on that mind-boggling event... putting the blame on the protester's "violence", while all he was doing was shouting slogans on a speaker! Moreover that guy got beaten even more by the PM's guards right after the attack. THAT is USSR-like despotism. You don't agree with us? We crush YOU!


Radio Canada and the CRTC were already tools of despotic media control, a long time before Harper took office.

I'm not gonna defend Harper, but he opposed the global banking tax, and the carbon tax agenda, as well as opposing here the totalitarian power that the census bureau (Statistics Canada) had over the people for decades, of unconstitutionally spying on them, and using this tool of information for the interests of corporate lobbyists. And then I hear these Radio Canada "journalists", paid at least 2 times more than most people will ever have, criticizing these moves as "ultra-conservative" despotism! What a bunch of filthy hypocrites! Bureaucrats like them are just the worse people on the planet.

Unplug yourself from that orwellian tool of propaganda, at all costs! It's even shameful that people promote State-backed propaganda on Youtube...
edit on 1/12/10 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion
 





That's a clip from Radio Canada! Wake up Corruption Exposed, RC is the big brotherish mainstream media tool of the Liberals, fer chrsissake! For like 20 years they've placed their agents in office in the station, and all they do is to promote their own political agenda.


It was CBC.



RC is the french sister station...

No need to tell me to wake up my friend, I am well awake and aware of the points you made.

I just wanted everyone to see the video.

I hope you enjoyed it.

If you read my other posts and threads you will be well aware that I do not buy into mainstream media.

I oppose it with all my heart and integrity for the misinformation it spreads and harm it causes.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: add to post



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Echtelion
 





That's a clip from Radio Canada! Wake up Corruption Exposed, RC is the big brotherish mainstream media tool of the Liberals, fer chrsissake! For like 20 years they've placed their agents in office in the station, and all they do is to promote their own political agenda.


It was CBC.



RC is the french sister station...

No need to tell me to wake up my friend, I am well awake and aware of the points you made.

I just wanted everyone to see the video.

I hope you enjoyed it if it.


You mean you wanted promote CBC (or it's french arm Radio Canada), to everyone, as well as their message, right?

I am well aware of the good old Canadian hypocrisy, without directly pointing at you.
edit on 1/12/10 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion
 


Did you listen to the clip? George pointed out that this same reporter had asked Martin tough questions as well. The thing is that the media didn't back out on Harper until he tried to control them, as he tries with everything else.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion
 


Wow, are you serious?

You seem a bit confrontational, and blind...

I almost find it not worth responding to you, but I would like to set you straight.

I was aiming at some simple conversation about this video and the many different emotions it can cause.

It made me laugh , and a bit angry.

Please explain where I was promoting them, I was only pointing out the error you made in your post. You said RC, it was CBC. Get over it You seem a little upset.

Did you get mad each time your teacher corrected your homework?

edit on 1-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: punctuation



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid
 


Sorry, not interested. The CBC logo in itself makes me puke, and listening to them gives me headaches.

I'd rather read UFO news on the Pravda or on Foxnews.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion
 


In other words you don't know what you're talking about. Blind opinion isn't very convincing.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion
 


Why join the thread and be confrontational if you share no interest?

No other networks covered this story.

I think it is good for these this type of event to be seen by people who would normally not see this.

If you are not interested why don't you just take off pal.

If you feel like having some mature discussion stick around.

Take a chill pill Bro.


In all of what you said so far I certainly agree, CBC/RC is disgraceful, they are a typical media vendor.

I find it shameful and insulting that you thought I was trying to promote them.

Oh well... life goes on.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion
 





This is not a Youtube video, that's a clip from Radio Canada!



Not only were you wrong about it being from Radio Canada, I also very clearly pointed out it was a Youtube video from a Canadian show.

Please fully read before you post, it saves you some embarrassment.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


(It has always happened, but it is like they want to brag about it and show that there is nothing we can do about it.)

I sometimes think TPTB is deliberately baiting us, and then I automatically think of this:


February 14, 2008

SAN ANTONIO, Texas — U.S. Air Force Gen. Gene Renuart, commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command, and Canadian Air Force Lt.-Gen. Marc Dumais, commander of Canada Command, have signed a Civil Assistance Plan that allows the military from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a civil emergency....
www.northcom.mil...


The Soviets always used troops from a different country to suppress freedom. Less chance of revolt. Although I can not see Canadians being anymore dangerous to the US citizen (and vice versa) I keep remembering Kent State.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet
 


Canada is all but annexed. Only a matter of time before we unite the two who should really be one. I say we should be one simply because we understand eachother quite well. Canada has resources, US has manpower. US needs to start building things again and Canada needs people to help working the lands to get the resources.

A partnership made in heaven.

U.S. Military Occupation of Canada in the Works
TML Daily, no.211, 23 November 2001
As a second omnibus “security bill” was being tabled in the Canadian Parliament, news reports surfaced of two related events which help to shed light on what lies ahead.

This article, first published in November 2004, focusses on the process of "deep integration" between Canada and the US in the spheres of "defense" and "national security".
Following President Bush's historical visit to Ottawa in November 2004, the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) was launched in March 2005 in Waco, Texas.

The Framework Agreement on integrated law enforcement operations in boundary waters with the U.S. was signed in May 2009, by Van Loan and Janet Napolitano, U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security.

U.S. Northern Command was established on Oct. 1, 2002, to anticipate and conduct homeland defense and civil support operations within the assigned area of responsibility to defend, protect, and secure the United States and its interests.
Similarly, Canada Command was established on Feb. 1, 2006, to focus on domestic operations and to offer a single point of contact for all domestic and continental defense and security partners.

As you can clearly see the union will grow stronger. Often Canadians are heard saying "We have no national identity". That will change in most of your lifetimes when we all become Mexican.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Echtelion
 





This is not a Youtube video, that's a clip from Radio Canada!



Not only were you wrong about it being from Radio Canada, I also very clearly pointed out it was a Youtube video from a Canadian show.

Please fully read before you post, it saves you some embarrassment.


How wrong???

This is a report made by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (or Radio Canada as I called it, which is the same institution under a different name), put on Youtube by some user. So no, in the the sense that it's not a video produced by Youtube users for Youtube, but a video made by the CBC for Canadian TV, brought on Youtube. I wasn't wrong, just that your words could be a little misleading.

Since you insisted, as the other poster, I watched the full video and all I see there is propaganda legitimating CBC/RC, and their "glorious role" as defending taxpayer's and voter's right to know, as that gangster-looking guy said in the end.

It was indeed laughable to see the blatant hypocrisy of these two politicians, especially that poor old broken Paul Martin, but what doesn't make me laugh is the hypocrisy of these government agents, who cry at repression of freedom of press, while they would themselves never, ever, cover news from the real independent media, as per official policy.

And yes, the CBC "journalists" were allowed to ask all these uncomfortable questions to the Prime Ministers. Or were they just allowed them to, in order to show how the Federal Government respects freedom of press? Perhaps.

And no I was never angry at my teachers for nitpicking at my homework. No problem, at all, with being rectified. But I am still deeply angry at them for teaching me propaganda like America was discovered by the Spanish and the Roman Catholic Church, while they were Asian people here for thousands of years already. I am pissed off at all these experts in manipulation of meaning that continuously blind the people from facts.

A European medieval monk once said: "Those who point the finger at the lay people's ignorance, are the very ones who blind them from the truth."



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
reply to post by crimvelvet
 


Canada is all but annexed. Only a matter of time before we unite the two who should really be one. I say we should be one simply because we understand eachother quite well. Canada has resources, US has manpower. US needs to start building things again and Canada needs people to help working the lands to get the resources.

A partnership made in heaven.

U.S. Military Occupation of Canada in the Works
TML Daily, no.211, 23 November 2001
As a second omnibus “security bill” was being tabled in the Canadian Parliament, news reports surfaced of two related events which help to shed light on what lies ahead.

This article, first published in November 2004, focusses on the process of "deep integration" between Canada and the US in the spheres of "defense" and "national security".
Following President Bush's historical visit to Ottawa in November 2004, the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) was launched in March 2005 in Waco, Texas.

The Framework Agreement on integrated law enforcement operations in boundary waters with the U.S. was signed in May 2009, by Van Loan and Janet Napolitano, U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security.

U.S. Northern Command was established on Oct. 1, 2002, to anticipate and conduct homeland defense and civil support operations within the assigned area of responsibility to defend, protect, and secure the United States and its interests.
Similarly, Canada Command was established on Feb. 1, 2006, to focus on domestic operations and to offer a single point of contact for all domestic and continental defense and security partners.

As you can clearly see the union will grow stronger. Often Canadians are heard saying "We have no national identity". That will change in most of your lifetimes when we all become Mexican.











National identity was always a big joke here anyways, even though more funny that the very bad joke it'll become under the NAU, or whatever they're coming up with.

Thanks to bring that, Remedial. THIS is the kind of stuff that the mainstream media here really doesn't like to talk about too much.
edit on 1/12/10 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)





new topics
top topics
 
73
<<   2 >>

log in

join