It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Va. judge dismisses challenge to Obama health care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Va. judge dismisses challenge to Obama health care

news.yahoo.com

A federal judge on Tuesday dismissed Liberty University's lawsuit challenging the Obama administration's new federal health care law, declaring that a provision requiring most individuals to obtain insurance is constitutional.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am sure that this will now fully put to rest the argument against its constitutional merits.

I am also sure that people will all agree religion should not be taken literally, and that lady gaga is sexy and smart.

Anyhow...so, does this actually end the legal trials of trying to repeal the bill, or is this just a minor stumbling block towards a endless process?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Anyhow...so, does this actually end the legal trials of trying to repeal the bill, or is this just a minor stumbling block towards a endless process?

It will not be the end of it, and, litigation-wise, not until the Supreme Court hears one case and finally settles it. And even if the Supreme Court were to rule the individual mandate constitutional, Congress (particularly a Republican one) could always repeal health care reform.

I don't put much weight on either outcome, but if I had to, Republicans repealing it is more likely.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Federal judges are part of the problem. They operate in conjunction with the wishes of the government. I would bet you don't get recommended unless you are for big government and will rule accordingly. Just speculation on my part, but c'mon, it's not that far out there.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MGriff
Federal judges are part of the problem. They operate in conjunction with the wishes of the government. I would bet you don't get recommended unless you are for big government and will rule accordingly. Just speculation on my part, but c'mon, it's not that far out there.

Its my understanding that high courts do not take any pleas or arguments into account...they go simply on technicalities. they research word for word what is being challenged and base their entire judgement on exactly what is written...no "spirit of the constitution" or any of that...just a cold detail judgement.

and frankly, that is how law should work on all levels...which is why its important to get wording exact when creating laws...else you create massive loopholes, or end up targetting things not intended.

new topics

top topics

join