learn more

Fark it

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just wanted to point out a favorite website of mine for the past 10 years

Fark

I am sure many here will know about it. Its a "odd news" listing with comments section on each article

Although its meant in good natured fun, stories around the world of the strange, stupid, or other...it is suprising how many good catches they get there of stuff that otherwise would have gone under the radar...so, in your daily drudge to see what is going on in the news that isn't reported by the msm...its worth a check to see what they are listing up now and then.

and the photoshop contests are great.

its not news- its fark.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Thank you for this site! I just read through all of the things there for the past 24 hours, and it was a blast reading some of them.

Star for you!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

My eyes, the goggles they do nothing!

It is too bright over there

Misses GorGor (As in I miss Gorgor's postings)
edit on 1/3/2011 by adigregorio because: Because
edit on 1/3/2011 by adigregorio because: Because x's 2

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I've been on Fark maybe two years. The premise of the site is simple: It's not news - it's Fark. Redundant 'news' articles posted for members to comment upon.

I have to get my mind into a different POV for going to Fark. I'm just getting use to the depth of abuse that gets doled daily. It's like National Lampoon Magazine back when they were just so non-PC it was embarrassing. Fark is the closest thing to comedy noir I've found on the internetz.

Another excellent website for fun is Cockeyed.com which is run by Rob Cockerham in California. Rob is not afraid to take on a project, and he's been sharing the how-to and results of a plethora of off-beat activities for years now. I hope I get to meet Rob someday; I've read so much on his site, and there is so much shared, that you feel like you know the guy and his crew after a while. Rob really takes a bite out of life and I admire his spirit and willingness to share.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm way late, but I LOOOVE Fark... it's the website that brought me to ATS!!! Nice to meet another Farker!!

new topics

top topics

join