It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTC Groundbreaking on July 4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Now this is a Fourth of July event I would like to be at. The ceremony will include the setting of a 20-ton granite corner stone.

NEW YORK (CNN) - Groundbreaking for the tallest building in the world, to rise from the ashes of the World Trade Center site, will take place July 4, Gov. George Pataki announced Wednesday.

money.cnn.com...

The Freedom Tower design:

This building, IMO, is beautiful! I am glad that we have come back with a bldg. bigger and better than before.

Some other articles:
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.realestatejournal.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Freedom Tower? THATS what they are gonna name it?

Jesus, this is getting so ridiculous. I mean, the design is beautiful. Why give such a lackluster cheesy name to it?

Surely they could have done better. I agree, its very pretty, will be alot prettier than the WTC was. But it deserves a more creative name.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

THATS what they are gonna name it?

...apparently so.

I figure they could come up with something much better.

It's too cliche' for me. Any ideas?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Wow that building is quite a sight. I guess "Freedom Tower" is a pretty cheesey name but whatever, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. I can't think of anything better off the top of my head. Why not name it the World Trade Center again? Hmm..

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Crappy name, looks kinda cool though!!! Very.. modern with all the angles n stuff whether it'll look like that when its finished though, who knows!

top topics

join