It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Press Release - announcing "an astrobiology finding"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
News Story Here

A NASA press release announcing "an astrobiology finding" -- something that will impact the search for extraterrestrial life -- has sent shockwaves through the blogosphere.

The press release simply announces an event, set for Thursday at 2 p.m. EST, to discuss an astrobiology discovery "that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life." Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe.

Speculation is that this will be about lifeforms that live off of poisonous arsenic and the Martian moon Titan. More speculation is that NASA might have detected chemical evidence of bacteria utilizing it for photosynthesis. This means 'alien life'.

Of course, the speculation could be all wrong.

I'm thinking they are being really myopic about what 'life' is and what life needs to exist. But I'm sure they don't care what I think. Anyways, big announcment set for Thursday afternoon on this matter. Same bat time .. same bat channel ...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think it's about the Oxygen n one of Saturn's moons.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Sorry mate, already posted 10 times yesterday.

Oh and yeah, I don't think they will say something extraordinary. It's always little, but some good, things. But nothing that really change that much. Thats my 2 cents.

So no aliens.
edit on 17031992 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Im just wondering whether there repoting discoveries on the ice meteorite that was found with traces of extraterrestial matter in it, i would link the thread but im lazy, but i hope its something new on that.
I was really interested

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Found this possible answer on geekosystem.com:

"One of the four participants in NASA’s press conference tomorrow is NASA astrobiology research fellow Felisa Wolfe-Simon, who has spent two years researching Yosemite Park’s Mono Lake, which has one of the highest natural concentrations of arsenic of any site in the world. Skymania spoke to astrobiologist Lewis Dartnell, who said, “I’m 90 per cent certain that Felisa has found something in Mona Lake and they have been able to demonstrate in some way that it uses arsenic in its metabolism rather than be poisoned by it.”

www.geekosystem.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

.....the Martian moon Titan.

You mean Saturn's largest moon, Titan?

cj6

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

If they're not revealing proof of the existence of extraterrestrials then who cares!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

if your posts cant be anything but ignorant then who cares!

new topics

top topics

join