It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed female Mexican police chief gunned down on way to work in latest drug gang hit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Unarmed female Mexican police chief gunned down on way to work in latest drug gang hit

w ww.dailymail.co.uk

Hermila Garcia, 38, became the top law enforcement officer in the town of Meoqui only two months ago.

One of a small number of women who have had the bravery to take on the drug cartels, she was gunned down at 7.20am on Monday
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Death and violence has become an everyday thing down there. it's so bad and the Mexican government so desperate for an answer they look in the most unlikely of places like the recent hiring of 20-year-old Marisol Valles Garcia, a student who became police chief of Praxedis, in the Juarez valley, also in the state of Chihuahua. Also no doubt in someones gun-sights.

w ww.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

i saw on the news when she took the job figured it would end poorly i have a friend who grew up in eagle pass texas its a border town this is nothing new really just getting more news and has got somewhat worse

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Trying to figure out what her gender has anything to do with this..it would be a horrible outcome if it was any sex, color, etc...

Anyhow, thats really all. the mexican drug lord issue is bad..they need to call in their military. Its a war...and time to treat it as such. Nothing makes the average drug lord a bit nervous like a M1A1 Abrams at the end of their driveway and about 200 soldiers with heavy artillery pointing at them.

Might make them reconsider their career choice.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

You of course know that reporters are just as much danger as the cops down there are...

Still I think it's likely we'll soon see a complete collapse of government along the Rio... Already there are long lines of refugees begging to come in to this country... just a trickle now ... wait for the flood!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddybaney

i saw on the news when she took the job figured it would end poorly i have a friend who grew up in eagle pass texas its a border town this is nothing new really just getting more news and has got somewhat worse

Yes - I'm afraid it was so obvious that this was going to be the outcome - that I thought to myself - she must be sacrificing herself for some payoff for her family.

I had hoped, perhaps, they were using her as bait - to turn the tables on these kind of hits - but no - apparently it was just a PR move on the behalf of the Mex. Govt. most likely.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by truthmagnet

Females have been taking the Chief of Police jobs because men are refusing to do it because of the outcome, as we see with this chief.

This is going to get worse, before it gets better - provided thats even possible at this point.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I hate to say it, especially in this the twenty first century... but gender in Latin America does play a key role...
there are still places in this world where a man can kill a woman outright for insulting his manliness...

Sadly I don't think the cartels would have seen her as a real threat, more along the lines of uppity and not knowing her place...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
She was courageous for taking on that position - she was a true patriot to her country. She put her life on the line to make her country a better place.

I hope she is honored well.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

I hate to say it, especially in this the twenty first century... but gender in Latin America does play a key role...
there are still places in this world where a man can kill a woman outright for insulting his manliness...

Sadly I don't think the cartels would have seen her as a real threat, more along the lines of uppity and not knowing her place...

Actually, I agree. I am constantly thinking of anglo-western standards when looking through the world portal.

I don't believe gender plays as significant a role in latin america verses other places, such as the middle and far east, however, they are certainly not up to par when it comes to the US, UK, and West European acceptance and fairness.

But still, I think the key problem in this is not that a woman died, but that the drug lords are clearly winning their revolution with our southern friends.

What say we (the US) simply purchases mexico flat out...then we can install a bit more effective solution.

I personally would love to travel to mexico without need for passports and such...and mexican people in general are an attractive bunch with plenty of brains and not enough opportunity

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Wont be long now... might even be able to buy up some cheap beach-fronts there too
The US has already taken the first step in making Mexico a US protectorate...
Check out another post of mine
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Wont be long now... might even be able to buy up some cheap beach-fronts there too
The US has already taken the first step in making Mexico a US protectorate...
Check out another post of mine

As a non Mexican NAtional I dont think you can "own" property that is within 50 miles of the coast. They have some weird laws for that, also if you dont have a skill that can better Mexican society, you arent getting citizenship (probably not the worst idea I have heard).

What would be nice is one day to be able to pile the family in the car in Canada, hit stops in the US, and land at your vacation home in Mexico, and feel like family the entire trip, regardless of what country you are in.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well yes and no... yes non-Mexicans cant own land...But... now that NORCOM has been enacted will there be Mexican Nationals or will they just be folded into a north American Union, to include Canada as well???

this is not just the ramblings of another conspiracy nut, me... but plans that have been on the boards for the last thirty years...

might want to click on this link and read up on NORCOM
edit on 1-12-2010 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
As long as drugs are illegal, we will continue to see drug cartels and the violence associated with trafficking in a highly profitable substance.

Take the money out of the drug market by making them legal and you won't have gangsters running this violent business.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

You are absolutely correct in the idea of legalizing drugs. The drug cartel income would slow immediately, not stop. But you forget about the kidnapping, illegal weapons and stolen automobiles that they deal in. Oh ya forgot about extortion and prostituition.
edit on 1-12-2010 by toddtenexpa because: edit yo add extortion and prostituition.

edit on 1-12-2010 by toddtenexpa because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2010 by toddtenexpa because: added pictures of gunned Police chief Hermila Garcia

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Mexican military is already involved

The problem is, a huge majority of them can be bought off, and the other issue is, the drug cartels down there are swimming in money and are just as well armed as they are.

And they dont have Abrams tanks.........

I do think its time we get OUR military on our border down there tho, and start getting ruthless with these guys, they can buy off the Mexican military but they cant push over our military, not when we are trying to protect our homes and borders from these murdering cartels.

Sometimes you have to meet force with force.

Do i think this will ever happen? Sadly, probably not, atleast not with the current politics going on. We need to bring our boys home and put them to work down along that mexican line.

Atleast its a start.....as for how to deal with it within mexico, I have no idea. Until the Mexican government and politicians really start getting serious, and quit taking pay offs.........its just going to keep going the way its going.

The cartels run Mexico, not the government

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

legalize freedom in mexico and you can save america.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Police chiefs in America do not usually go around unarmed. I would bet the average US police chief is armed anytime he is outside just to make certain he has some protection in case someone he pissed off has his address. This makes no sense that she was unarmed. Why would anyone in a dangerous position do this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join