It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange, WikiLeaks targeted in Interpol alert, U.S. probe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Assange, WikiLeaks targeted in Interpol alert, U.S. probe

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- U.S. authorities could be waiting for the right moment to grab WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, now the subject of an Interpol wanted-persons alert and a U.S. criminal investigation.

There could be a sealed arrest warrant to slap on him when he's caught in the appropriate country, CNN's senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin told CNN's American Morning on Wednesday

"When you look at statements from American officials, Hillary Rodham Clinton saying we're under attack..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So now it looks like the infamous Wikileaks founder is on Interpol's Most Wanted List for suspected sex crimes... While I will concede that this may just be trumped up charges to get him into custody, it does nothing to deter my thinking that Wikileaks not only condones but encourages treasonous behavior. Given the opportunity to get their 15 minutes of fame, those turning over classified material to Assange and Wikileaks are gladly becoming 21st Century Benedict Arnold's...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

couldn't agree with you more on this. I think a lot of us on here feel the same way.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Or, . . maybe it condones and encourages . . "truth".

Gee, maybe you can take off your filters !

To deny ignorance . . . is to know.

( Jack : Some people can't handle the truth ! )

( Okay Jack, we really can't handle anything except BS, because we're so scared for our national security and . .)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
From what I understand he was hiding somewhere outside London with some hacker friends...

So I guess it depends on how the UK will respond to the red notice, and if they try to hunt Assange down.

Somehow I have grave doubts that anything will happen..

edit on 1/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SIEGE

You know who's just eating up this "truth" you are soooo happy to see exposed??? Iran, North Korea, China, Al Qaeda, Hezbollah... Just because you have a want to know, DOES NOT mean you have a NEED TO KNOW!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Given the opportunity to get their 15 minutes of fame, those turning over classified material to Assange and Wikileaks are gladly becoming 21st Century Benedict Arnold's...

Lets get it straight, Benedict was no traitor. He lived under, and served for the British crown, even after the uprising in the 13 colonies. He was a LOYALIST, not a traitor. On the contrary, George Washington, John Hancock, Adams, ect are all definitions of what a 'Traitor' is. They revolted against their crown, regardless of whether it was justifiable or not, treason none the less.

Also, Julian is a citizen of Australia, he cannot be charged for treason if he is not a US citizen, and cannot be charged for espionage, because he received the documents from Manning, whom is in custody and is being tried.

edit on 1-12-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
Or, . . maybe it condones and encourages . . "truth".

Gee, maybe you can take off your filters !

To deny ignorance . . . is to know.

( Jack : Some people can't handle the truth ! )

( Okay Jack, we really can't handle anything except BS, because we're so scared for our national security and . .)

Bravo... Deception lies at the heart of all evil and quite honestly it's a breath of fresh air. Why can't all Governments say what they mean and mean what they say?

It's a purile argument to say this guy is un-patriotic. Patriotism under the Nazis excused the conscience of many germans to do vile and horrific things. Serbian patriotism was used to justify ethnic clensing.

In terms of revealing what China really thinks of North Korea these leaks break a diplomatic log jam caused by Governments not saying what they mean or what they truly think.

Yet one more reason to suspect that this is a managed intentional leak.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

reply to post by SIEGE

You know who's just eating up this "truth" you are soooo happy to see exposed??? Iran, North Korea, China, Al Qaeda, Hezbollah... Just because you have a want to know, DOES NOT mean you have a NEED TO KNOW!

That tells us all we need to know about your respect for democracy.

If you have no regard for Democracy which was the basis for the founding document of your country then perhaps it is you who is unpatriotic?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This man is no traitor, if i could i would give him a medal of honur for his bravery. How many other politicians do you see putting there lifes on the line for truth... None there sleaze ball liars and we all know that to be truth.
Yes he is slamming america a lot, america has had its fingers in a lot of pies and we all know that too.
Speaking the truth should always be commended. He is doing what politcians and newspapers should be doing, If they hadnt sold out to the highest bidder..
To all you people denying ignoracne you are buying the offical story, hook, line and sinker. MSM is doing a fantastic job with there damage limitation...and many here shoud know better.
HE is not a traitor he is simply an activist for free journalism. Does that in itself not ring alarm bells in your ears.. That in these democratic nations of the free, we have activists for such things.

Really freedom is something that should never be taken for granted

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
Lets get it straight, Benedict was no traitor. He lived under, and served for the British crown, even after the uprising in the 13 colonies. He was a LOYALIST, not a traitor. On the contrary, George Washington, John Hancock, Adams, ect are all definitions of what a 'Traitor' is. They revolted against their crown, regardless of whether it was justifiable or not, treason none the less.

I just love it when people spout out pure fantasy as facts, when a simple Google search would show just how ignorant they are...

Benedict Arnold V (January 14, 1741 [O.S. January 3, 1740][1][2] – June 14, 1801) was a general during the American Revolutionary War. He began the war in the Continental Army but later defected to the British Army. While he was still a general on the American side, he obtained command of the fort at West Point, New York, and plotted unsuccessfully to surrender it to the British. After the plot was exposed in September 1780, he entered the British Army as a brigadier general.
Source.

Also, once the Declaration of Independence was signed, the aforementioned "George Washington, John Hancock, Adams, ect." were no longer subjects of His Majesty, by public declaration. Arnold, on the other hand, was the classic definition of a traitor, just as Manning and whomever leaked the current batch of classified material is.

Also, Julian is a citizen of Australia, he cannot be charged for treason if he is not a US citizen, and cannot be charged for espionage, because he received the documents from Manning, whom is in custody and is being tried.

While Julian cannot be charged with treason (and I never said he could), he most certainly CAN be charged with espionage, no matter where of from whom he received the documents from. And Wikileaks is most certainly suborning treason by it's very existance, as it is not only accepting and publishing state secrets, but is encouraging those with access to said secrets to VIOLATE their oath to keep said secrets!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

So you are all in favor of publicly publishing the location and tactical details of our troops, both here in the states and overseas in war zones? So you are in favor of publicly publishing the plans and technical specifications of all of our military technology? So you are in favor of publicly publishing names, locations and missions of all of our intelligence gathering personnel?

Democracy does NOT mean that you are supposed to be privy to every little detail that the government is involved in. While there are many things that you deserve to know and need to know, there are a great many other things that you DO NOT HAVE THE NEED TO KNOW! That is why sensitive information is CLASSIFIED in the first place!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

You live in a fantasy world... I really have nothing further to say to someone who is so far removed from the real world...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I bet they can make any person on earth into a sex offender if you have had sex in your life. They can go through your whole life, and they will take innocent things and make them into serious things, and peopel will believe them.

These people can make anyone into a sex offender, and that makes that person a target of the public.

Have no clue if he did anything, but man the police sure do like there false charges.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I have seen nothing in that persons post that makes it stand out other than a persons opinion.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Also, once the Declaration of Independence was signed, the aforementioned "George Washington, John Hancock, Adams, ect." were no longer subjects of His Majesty, by public declaration. Arnold, on the other hand, was the classic definition of a traitor, just as Manning and whomever leaked the current batch of classified material is.

And if they were caught, and tried? They would have been tried for treason in a British court. Regardless of what paper they all signed, prior to and after July 4, 1776 all 'patriots' were traitors and hunted. They fortunately were valorous and competent enough to defeat the British. Otherwise, they would have been captured and hung.

George Washington were soldiers/generals of the British-American/British army. They swore their allegiance to the crown in the early-mid 1700's. And they broke that sworn oath on April 19, 1775. Just as Manning did.

Originally posted by JaxonRobertsAnd Wikileaks is most certainly suborning treason by it's very existance, as it is not only accepting and publishing state secrets, but is encouraging those with access to said secrets to VIOLATE their oath to keep said secrets!

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..."

Treason is encouraged by our own constitution. Wikileaks is just accepting any info that will help bring about an end to the destruction the US government is causing all around the world (or so I believe that is their intended goal). And by releasing top-secret diplomatic cables, we (the American people) finally have a rare glimpse into our own foreign policy. Something like that should not be kept from the American public.

show ignorant they are...

PS: Please retard yourself from being rude. No need to pull out the personal insults.
edit on 1-12-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

The quote you gave was from the Declaration of Independence, not the constitution...

And that does not have anything to do with the publishing of classified material. Give me one leaked document that shows good cause for the people of the United States to rise up against their government...

You got pwned on the Benedict Arnold point, so don't get all pissy when you get called out for spouting ignorance as if it were truth...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

The quote you gave was from the Declaration of Independence, not the constitution...

Sowwy, honest mistake.

And that does not have anything to do with the publishing of classified material. Give me one leaked document that shows good cause for the people of the United States to rise up against their government...

If there is no sensitive material in the leaks, why is the information being kept secret from the American public? The government is 'for the people, by the people'. We have every right to know any un-harmful information regarding our relationships with foreign countries. Perhaps if the US federal government wasn't so secretive about it's workings, we wouldn't need someone like wikileaks in the first place. Just the fact the government is soo secretive, is enough to want you to (as you said) "rise up against their government".

You got pwned on the Benedict Arnold point, blah blah blah I like trolling on ATS

In which ways was I 'pwned'? Prior to 4th July 1776, the 13 colonies were British owned. The people living in the colonies were citizens to the crown. They paid taxes to the king, they supplied the king, and they fought for the king (French & Indian War).
edit on 2-12-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
From what I understand he was hiding somewhere outside London with some hacker friends...

Please note, he was not hiding, and in fact wanted to answer the charges! He was arrested because he turned himself in.
Vicky

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Nicely worded question. So If I want to know what the US Government does in our name behind closed doors, that makes me want to reveal secret battle plans to the "enemy?" Show me one example of someone dieing from the cable release. Just one. Come on now, if they were really that dangerous and revealing to our troops, they would be dieing left and right.....spoken like a true government loyalist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join