It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This will be our last christmas..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
( Before you start responding this isnt an end of world prediction, im wishing you all a good year

..Apparently, so lets make it a good one all!

But yeah i thought with this been our last year before a gruesome yet somewhat insifnificant end we could all have a nice chat about what next year will bring for us all after all the annual festive fun/empty wallet joy is over with.
Personally im going to get fit (finally) and go help with some charity work around my small island known as England.
What im saying is Even if it isnt our last year here, then we might as well live as if it was, do something new or different and find the happiness in our lives.

Who knows maybe if we inspire ourselves that much the world might change in 2012 for the better, and we can get rid of all this unneceserry hatred for one another

And i shall leave this thread open for your thoughts.....

cheers all.
edit on 1/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/12/10 by TedHodgson because: added content.

edit on 1/12/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Christmas aint' never gonna end, pal

edit on 1-12-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sure thing. Another useless rant and I just waisted time replying about some prophecy.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Nuh uh!

Baba Venga had her chance. It's now December. The world is still here. No war.

So, are you going to self fulfil your prophecy? I hope not

Otherwise, happy non specific merry happy days with food and booze and toys for kids, next year!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I did say "apprently" and ended with "Even if.." it was just a wish that you all had a good year despite whether it ends abruptly or not!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by minigunner

Another useless comment, by a user who either who cant read proper or denys in his mind thier could be a un-related thread attached, to you sir i say fool.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i agree totaly.
live like its youre last day everyday.
love life and have fun.

i personaly dont buy into the whole end of the world or armagedon theorys out there.
however to the author of the post well said and very good advice.

happy holidays too all who celebrate them.
im sure we will all be here next year and the year after still enjoying all that is ats.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I personally applaud you for the fact that you state you are going to engage in charity work in the coming year. I am becoming a very strong proponent of the charitable arts. We entrusted corporations, some time back, to be our salvation from poverty - and we found that they are simply robber barons with more expertise, resources, and even less humanity.

If we, as a society (or group of societies) are going to make it out of this part of history intact, and whole, then I feel that we really need to start looking out for one another in a very direct way, and leave nothing of these concepts to governments or corporations. It is time to put petty hatreds and divisions aside and stand, united, against the storms. Then, and only then, will we be free of our chains as a species.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Personally im going to get fit (finally) and go help with some charity work around my small island known as England.
What im saying is Even if it isnt our last year here, then we might as well live as if it was, do something new or different and find the happiness in our lives.

Who knows maybe if we inspire ourselves that much the world might change in 2012 for the better, and we can get rid of all this unneceserry hatred for one another

I like your attitude and wish everyone would take a hint from you and not only work on themselves, but help others as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
this year's holidays seem really i guess different in a way though I absolutely look forward to the family time, It just doesn't seem as magical. Maybe I'm growing up? Dunno, though next year I'm sure there will be another happy magical christmas season.

What do I want for xmas? According to the recent posts here, maybe I should ask santa for a gas mask or radiation suit. Merry Christmas!!!

Yeah op I do let my pessimism get the best of me especially during the holidays. I managed to spill an entire cup of coffee this morning at the cafe too, so kinda cranky
Maybe this year I will try to enjoy the holidays and give that joy back to others as well
edit on 1-12-2010 by handsinthefire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I love this thread! It sends such a good message!

People for some reason think it is a prophecy thread but I don't know why.

I'm going to get fit also, and start volunteering at my local animal shelter!
I'm also going to try to do better in school.

This thread is about making the most out of life, bettering it for yourself and others, and making New Year's Resolutions!

People are putting WAY too much into this.
They must have just read the title and didn't bother to read the thread, at least that is what it seems like.
Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowsecretxx

well im sure youll agree if they do post without reading the thread theyll look a bit silly

Merry christmas to you!, sounds like your a good person, good luck for the next year

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Bah! Humbug!
Christmas is for corporate suckers who fall for the old line.
If you really want to celebrate christmas the way its intended, youll take that xmas shopping money and spread it around to people you know who need the hand.
Merry F&&*KING Christmas!
Just dont spend your money on crap that has no value to the people you intend to give it to.Choose those gifts wisely now.....

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

nice
..cheers

superb idea

top topics

join