It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment Benefits Expire

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
Now i wonder what CONGRES will say after all these unemployed people are off the money. I guess next year 2011 will be a dissastrous one. I am already hearing about the crime rate going up and even in my home town THEFT has gone up. GEE, I WONDER WHY. No jobs. Maybe 2011 and 2012 will be bad. Maybe i should prepare for it now with the little that i do have. Things are just getting worse. I wonder how this unemployment expiration date will effect the stock market. Do you realize that this date will mark MILLIONS off of unemployment. Noone will be buying anything much, but nessessities and maybe not even that. I'm sure this will effect the economy some how.
I feel this will only get worse.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by solids0be

It isn't a valid statistic. The only people that pop up in those statistics as unemployed are those that held gainful employment for a minimum time, and then were laid off. Additionally, you cannot be a contract worker or self employed to be included in that statistic. So those that have college degrees are exponentially more likely to be included because the type of job they have are what this statistic is built around. Whereas those without a high school diploma are not likely to be included since most of the jobs they get are not considered the 'right type' of job. Crazy I know, but these are the games the govt plays with the unemployment numbers. They basically put all these parameters on the numbers to make the number come out artificially low. And those without high school diplomas are very likely to not even be included in their numbers.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
reply to post by Kryties

Americans are going downhill fast in terms of personal responsibility, initiaive and etchics.

Well to be fair,, we are just following the lead of our rulers and the eliteists...Why should we take responsibility when they do not? Hypocritical much?

edit on 2-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: MFING SPELLING UGHHHHHH

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Yeah keep toting the republican line,your just another hater of this world..I feel sorry for you..Really

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
there are plenty of job operturnities out there ,

you just have to not take it personaly and just suck it up ,

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

There are jobs out there, but not all of them are for just anyone. In my attempt to be helpful, I submit the following link to the Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice site. If you are in Texas, close, or able to get here, this is a steady job, with good benefits. Correctional work is not for everyone, but it may help tide some over until something better comes along. TDCJ is currently about 3000 officers short, so chances are good for most all who apply. If you feel this is of interest to you, follow this link.

Tx Dept of Criminal Justice

Hope this helps someone.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn

We have those jobs available here, too, however they tell you if you're a smoker, cigarettes that is, don't bother applying, where Can I find out if this is also the case in Texas? Nevermind I found it, and looks like my white american butt is moving to Texas, I loved San Antonio, so hurray!
edit on 3-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: to add som #it

edit on 3-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: WTF is up with my keyboard????

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
SELF EDIT.

edit on 3-12-2010 by solids0be because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
there are plenty of job operturnities out there ,

you just have to not take it personaly and just suck it up ,

Where are they? I would love to work. I have been sucking it up for years and no matter how hard I work I either get fired for not kissing ass or blasted for trying to fix a problem.

The only thing that has been pulling in any money at all has been my own work which I am lucky that there are so many people with broken $hitty computers. If not for this I would be starving right now. I applied for unemployment and got denied, I applied for food stamps and got denied. I qualified for both but was denied right at the end. Unemployment was denied because I was fired, food stamps were denied because I made too much money at the last job I had and It doesn't let me apply until next year when this fiscal year doesn't count...

Seriously its not as easy as you say, some people can find jobs, some people cant. There simply aren't enough slots for everybody. It's like a game of musical chairs.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentStigma

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by SilentStigma
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

So Telemarketing wouldn't be a gainful employment? How so? because you think you are above it? It still puts money in your pocket food on your table.

Telemarketing requires a special form of stomach - not everyone can sit there and listen to abuse being hurled at them all day.

So your too sensitive for a job on the phone? really? that's your excuse?

Everyone in fact CAN sit there and listen to someone piss and moan on the phone it requires no special skill other then not being so sensitive and being able to not take words personally. Just because you don't want to or don't like the job doesn't mean you cant do the job. That would be your personal choice. Hell im sure most of us on here don't like their job or working at all. THAT'S WHY ITS CALLED WORK!

Choosing not to work somewhere because you might get a mean person on the phone, or you think you are above that job does not entitle you to sit on your ass and leach off the govt.

Beggars cant be choosers!
edit on 2-12-2010 by SilentStigma because: Spelling error

WOW! Could you be more ignorant? You've just proven that you have no idea about what's involved with a deadend job like telemarketing.

I've worked as a telemarketer and I can tell you from experience that it takes a unique individual to be able to survive in a job like this. Aside from the obvious daily abuse from the public and team leaders breathing down your neck, you're expect to reach daily, weekly and monthly targets ie KPI's. You're expected to achieve a certain number of sales while at the same time adhering to call protocols that include not taking no for an answer regardless of the tone of the conversation and are forced to actually keep pushing/selling in the ridiculous hope that the person you're harassing will turn around and say yes. On top of these unrealistic expectations placed on the exmployee, your toilet breaks are timed (no, I'm not kidding) as is any time spent away from the phone. You're usually given only 5 minutes for such breaks regardless of the situation and if you're even 30 seconds late you'll be pulled aside and chastised for such tardiness. I could go on but I'm sure you get it by now, so when I read ignorant comments like yours I get really pissed off, you have no idea how demoralising a job like this can be, not to mention the fact that there is next to no job security as this job is sales driven. Regardless of how hard you work if those sales targets aren't reached you're out of a job.

It's not always a case of being "too sensitive" or choosy, some jobs are NOT for everyone, I bet you wouldn't last a week as a telemarketer. Sometimes it's circumstance and not choice that renders someone jobless and reliant on financial assistance.

Next time you get the urge to be condescending try getting your facts straight.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
For the record, I'm now employed in a much better job because I have qualifications. Unfortunately some people come from a background with less/no qualifications which can also impact their chances of gaining employment.

It's ignorant and lazy for people to simply say "it's easy just move to another town", or "apply for more jobs", etc.

Be a little more considerate.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Let them eat cake!!! There is no reason people can not work. The problem is they refuse to work for minimum wage. Unemployment is for people who need help while they are looking for a job. There is no reason to be collecting for such a long period of time. Become a waiter or waitress. someone is always looking to upgrade their staff.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Didn't say my husband turned down the job... it wasn't offered, All I was saying is I understand why people make the decision they do... it makes personal financial sense.

Besides, one of the uninteded consequences of taking a lower paying job... if you don't keep it, it will actually reduce the amount of unemployment you'll be eligible for because of how it is calculated.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join