It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment Benefits Expire

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by solids0be
So don't try because you might not get the job your applying for. HorseSh*T! I guess i wouldent want someone working for me that had that attitude anyways. And Im sure the pizza place could use more then just a drone, it takes more then half a brain to work at a pizzaria ..hate to burst your bubble. Plus who cares if its a drone job moneys money. Working as a delivery boy can pay the bills, many of my fathers employees who worked delivery made good money and stayed on for years...its not glamorous but thats not the point a pay checks a paycheck.

You just explained at the end why a drone and not a skilled worker will get hired at a pizza place. A skilled worker will not stay at a pizza place but move on the moment an opportunity presents itself and the person hiring at the pizza place knows this. Would you want to hire someone who has the means to comfortably jump ship when the opportunity presents itself? Most business owners don't think the economy will be bad forever (they are too optimistic to believe in the new reality) and will not hire and train someone who is gonna leave.

I hate to burst your bubble but only a careless employer would invest in an overqualified candidate. Maybe it takes half your brain to work at a pizzaria but it is brain numbing for many others and an overqualified worker in that environment will jump ship at the opportune time which is usually a bad time for the employer.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

yeah Cause i reap in 75,000 a year, get real buddy I rake in net maybe 500 bucks a paycheck after expenses so don't give me that crap. If i lost my current job and I couldent get a job immediatly id get to cutting any extra expense i had..Cable Phone internet, Sell my hobby car, whatever was needed. But ill be damned if i go crying to the unemployment office. Theres work out there, do not let these intenet professionals tell you otherwise. There are always jobs for those willing to do what it takes.
edit on 2-12-2010 by solids0be because: (no reason given)

Yea there is work out there....tell that to the people in the tent cities or the self employed that seen their trade collapse and are unable to get any unemployment benefits.

Many people have what it takes to do their jobs and worked hard to get there. It isn't their "laziness" that caused their employment to close down or ship out.

And if the Fed can send (print) trillions so corrupt Wall Street bankers can survive and profit (not very capitalistic isn't it) then I am sure the government can send (print) billions of dollars to unemployed whether or not they are lazy. If the welfare is good at the top, why not at the bottom?
edit on 2-12-2010 by wutone because: engrish

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

So don't try because you might not get the job your applying for. HorseSh*T! I guess i wouldent want someone working for me that had that attitude anyways. And Im sure the pizza place could use more then just a drone, it takes more then half a brain to work at a pizzaria ..hate to burst your bubble. Plus who cares if its a drone job moneys money. Working as a delivery boy can pay the bills, many of my fathers employees who worked delivery made good money and stayed on for years...its not glamorous but thats not the point a pay checks a paycheck.

You just explained at the end why a drone and not a skilled worker will get hired at a pizza place. A skilled worker will not stay at a pizza place but move on the moment an opportunity presents itself and the person hiring at the pizza place knows this. Would you want to hire someone who has the means to comfortably jump ship when the opportunity presents itself? Most business owners don't think the economy will be bad forever (they are too optimistic to believe in the new reality) and will not hire and train someone who is gonna leave.

I hate to burst your bubble but only a careless employer would invest in an overqualified candidate. Maybe it takes half your brain to work at a pizzaria but it is brain numbing for many others and an overqualified worker in that environment will jump ship at the opportune time which is usually a bad time for the employer.

Your making a great case for someone to stay unemployed and mooch off the system, Congratulations.
HEY EVERYONE DON"T TRY TO GET A JOB, YOU WILL NEVER GET IT!!
Just stay at home and wait for a high paying job to roll around instead.

Employers seeking good help will hire anyone who shows that they want to work.

edit on 3-12-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: fixed broken BBcode tag

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Your making a great case for someone to stay unemployed and mooch off the system, Congratulations.
HEY EVERYONE DON"T TRY TO GET A JOB YOU WILL NEVER GET IT!!

You make a great case for people who paid into the system to starve. GG

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

HEY EVERYONE DON"T TRY TO GET A JOB YOU WILL NEVER GET IT!!

You make a great case for people who paid into the system to starve. GG

You make a great case for people that think they are witty but Arn't. And prove all people who claim benifits paid their share into the system...Good luck on that...im waiting your response.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

yeah Cause i reap in 75,000 a year, get real buddy I rake in net maybe 500 bucks a paycheck after expenses so don't give me that crap. If i lost my current job and I couldent get a job immediatly id get to cutting any extra expense i had..Cable Phone internet, Sell my hobby car, whatever was needed. But ill be damned if i go crying to the unemployment office. Theres work out there, do not let these intenet professionals tell you otherwise. There are always jobs for those willing to do what it takes.

Yea there is work out there....tell that to the people in the tent cities or the self employed that seen their trade collapse and are unable to get any unemployment benefits.

Many people have what it takes to do their jobs and worked hard to get there. It isn't their "laziness" that caused their employment to close down or ship out.

And if the Fed can send (print) trillions so corrupt Wall Street bankers can survive and profit (not very capitalistic isn't it) then I am sure the government can send (print) billions of dollars to unemployed whether or not they are lazy. If the welfare is good at the top, why not at the bottom?

The correct answer is that govt should not give money to the banks or those unemployed for 2+ years. Neither is acceptable. Both encourage bad behavior. One encourages laziness and dependency (long term unemployment payments), and the other removes risk from business and encourages risky and unethical practices (bailing out banks or large companies).

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

so your saying the majority of the unemployed are overskilled workers ..I highly Highly doubt that. Im sure most unemployed do not hold a degree or Highschool diploma.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Sure you would,tell me more or your freakish fantasies..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I don't think these peoples have anything to worry about.... Somalians, Those on a psych check, dissability,social security, people who already have alot of money,some people on pensions, some on retirement, and those who got money from lawsuits to name a few. These are secured CHECKS. People on unemployment , their checks will only last a short time, maybe a year. A secured check is for life. I know alot of waste ooos who collect for some sort of dissability and they aren't even dissabled. I know this one guy, who says he is almost totally blind and collects a check and he drives a car once and awhile and goes hunting. I wish i worked for the STATE OR THE GOV'T TO TURN THESE PEOPLE IN. I myself have a legitamate problem and i cannot even get social security. These people can tho. In ST. CLOUD, MN i see somalians all over getting paid. Why do they collect? Also, on top of that, the somalian gets 4 times more pay than the average working guy. BULLLL. I have seen people who are supposed to take care of the mentally disabled and i saw this woman scream at this person because they wanted what she wanted getting food at culvers. The f -pig let them get a soup of the day only. She gets paid to drive them wherever, watch them at a house, or wherever they go, free vacations with them, she gets paid an hourly wage,I have seen this woman take them to a store and let them buy something and then take it away for herself or to pawn. She is a thief, and a lousy caretaker. I wish i worked for the GOV'T, i would make it right in the world. Put that chick in jail and pull her licience forever. I hate people like this. I SEE THEM EVERYWHERE.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
The problem with unlimited unemployment benefits is many people don't even bother looking for work anymore.

Believe me, I know several of them, and they disgust me.

Why look for a job when you've turned in 30 applications, and get no response at all. Why look for a job when you will most likely get abused at your workplace (mentally or physically), why find a job when it doesn't even make enough for you to feed yourself properly. Why get a job when you need to acquire massive debt as a pre-requisite to start simple work. Seriously screw our system. Our leaders just keep making up excuses for why everything is failing and they point the finger squarely at WE THE PEOPLE, calling us fat, ignorant, lazy, etc. while they literally get to separate themselves from the people with walls, guards, and money.

Seriously, # em. Our enemies are not the poor who have given up hope, its the rich who continue to live over the top, buying 16 cars and 3 summer homes when they could be putting their resources into actual infrastructure projects, or providing employment for people who want to work. All they care about is getting more money. They dumb down the public and make our needs more general and superficial so they can exploit it and profit.

Rich people don't realize that their pocket change is a normal person's wealth. They also don't care about you. Don't give them even one ounce of respect. Even the nicest rich people I have ever met would never give a cent to somebody they actually knew...
edit on 2-12-2010 by Section69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I am sick and tired of legitimate people getting the shaft. The user looser waste oohh, constantly on some sort of fix gets help. While the legitimate cain't even get any help at all. I'm going back to school and i'm over 40 with a heart problem. I might not even live another 5 years, but these waste ohhs collect. I'll be deep in my studies next fall, so i can get a job to catch waste oohhhs, LIARS.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

When the Jobless Become Unemployable

Worth a read guys and girls

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
www.nytimes.com...

When the Jobless Become Unemployable

Worth a read guys and girls

good article and it really exposes the danger of extending unemployment benefits out past a year, if people just let themselfs stay unemployed that long, they pretty much hurt themselves more when it comes to trying to get a job once their benefits expire. Understandable if i looked and saw someone was unemployed for over 2 years id be asking myself "Do I want to hire a person with so little motivation?"

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The numbers for unemployed peoples has been so much lied about these days. The number and percentage of peoples unemployed is higher than it was last year. The media and gov't playing the bait and switch tactics, making everything sound peachy, so that they can manipulate the peoples and their money. Cut CONGRESS WAGES. They only make laws that benefit the wealthy and themselves anyways. Almost all the MANUFACTURING jobs left to go overseas. Buisness leaves U.S holding the bag, HIGHER FEDERAL TAXES, wages less, higher living costs that psss you off, medical digging you a grave, insurance knocking at your door, gas going on the rise, BANKS robbing you blind, bills on the rise due to inflation, HIGHER STATE TAXES, fees, surcharges, late fees, and a GOV'T making sure you stay in a hole with the ELITES to finish the job in a WAR. No wonder , EVERYONE IS A WASTE OHHH.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
The numbers for unemployed peoples has been so much lied about these days. The number and percentage of peoples unemployed is higher than it was last year. The media and gov't playing the bait and switch tactics, making everything sound peachy, so that they can manipulate the peoples and their money. Cut CONGRESS WAGES. They only make laws that benefit the wealthy and themselves anyways. Almost all the MANUFACTURING jobs left to go overseas. Buisness leaves U.S holding the bag, HIGHER FEDERAL TAXES, wages less, higher living costs that psss you off, medical digging you a grave, insurance knocking at your door, gas going on the rise, BANKS robbing you blind, bills on the rise due to inflation, HIGHER STATE TAXES, fees, surcharges, late fees, and a GOV'T making sure you stay in a hole with the ELITES to finish the job in a WAR. No wonder , EVERYONE IS A WASTE OHHH.

You are right my friend! The govt plays statistical games with the unemployment numbers just like the banks did with their books. The only people that count in the unemployment number are those that had employment that fit their criteria, then lost employment and are drawing unemployment benefits while looking for work. If your job considered you a contract worker and laid you off, you don't count. If you are a recent college grad looking for work, you don't count. If you were self employed and lost your business, you don't count. If you were a stay at home parent and now looking for a job to help ends meet, you don't count. If you have been on unemployment benefits and used up all the extensions and no don't collect, you don't count. If you were fired but don't take the unemployment benefits, you don't count. I think you all get my point. The website shadowstats.com compiles their number including all those people, and the say unemployment is 23% now.
ShadowStats.com

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by solids0be

in some cases its not about motivation its about places honestly not hiring at all or seeking people with four year degrees or higher with +3 years or more experience for **** pay rofl... go to college for a decade and have to settle for a $10.00-13 per hour job maby 15 per hour if your lucky . its sad when someone cannot get a callback on a bull**** job. the only solution left is to move somewhere else and pray that there are better prospects there and thats if you got the money to do it .

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

I believe that 100%. America NEEDS it's manufacturing jobs back for those like me who really are not to skilled or partially skilled workers. Hell, if my heart lets me, ill do alot of jobs. Unfortunately the job market is slow, so i might as well go to school and learn something new and hopefully if i do not croke, go back to work.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xalaran
reply to post by solids0be

in some cases its not about motivation its about places honestly not hiring at all or seeking people with four year degrees or higher with +3 years or more experience for **** pay rofl... go to college for a decade and have to settle for a $10.00-13 per hour job maby 15 per hour if your lucky . its sad when someone cannot get a callback on a bull**** job. the only solution left is to move somewhere else and pray that there are better prospects there and thats if you got the money to do it .

Go look up the employment rate for Holders of Bacholer degree and higher..Now go compare it to the ones who have no Highschool diploma. its almost 3 times as much.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Now i wonder what CONGRES will say after all these unemployed people are off the money. I guess next year 2011 will be a dissastrous one. I am already hearing about the crime rate going up and even in my home town THEFT has gone up. GEE, I WONDER WHY. No jobs. Maybe 2011 and 2012 will be bad. Maybe i should prepare for it now with the little that i do have. Things are just getting worse. I wonder how this unemployment expiration date will effect the stock market. Do you realize that this date will mark MILLIONS off of unemployment. Noone will be buying anything much, but nessessities and maybe not even that. I'm sure this will effect the economy some how.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join