It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Air Force Spacecraft to Return to Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

An unmanned Air Force space plane that spent seven months in orbit is set to return to Earth.

The X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle is scheduled to land at Vandenberg Air Force Base northwest of Los Angeles sometime between Friday and Monday, depending on the weather and other factors.

Wow seven months of secret tests? I wonder how much will be made public?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
how exactly is it a mystery spacecraft, if they know exactly what it is?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

it's a mystery spacecraft in that the military sent it up without alerting the public as to what it was doing, why it was up there, how it operates, what it is capable of etc.

the mystery is a public mystery. the military knows exactly what it is.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

hmmmm i find it strnge that obama closed down SETI, then the navy have took over 2 or three of thier observatorys....now the airforce are sending u UN-MANNED crafts for 7 months?...hmmmmm this is all a bit cloak and dagger huh? what they lookin at? why shut down seti? did they find something and why did the navy take over 2 of their observatorys??

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perfect stranger
Wow seven months of secret tests? I wonder how much will be made public?
It would be nice to know the objective(s) of the craft, but we will have to see how much they tell us.

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
hmmmm i find it strnge that obama closed down SETI, then the navy have took over 2 or three of thier observatorys... why shut down seti?
I thought SETI was shut down from public funding in 1994 and went to private funding then:

www.space.com...

in 1994 a budget-conscious Congress cut funding for the NASA SETI program.

What did Obama do regarding SETI? Please post a link because I haven't read anything about that and I didn't find anything in a search? Since it was privately funded by folks like Paul Allen of Microsoft and others, I didn't know Obama could shut it down if he wanted to.

Also, which observatories were taken over? Please provide a link about that too.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Some supposed info here

www.blogphotovideo.com...

Interesting...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
Some supposed info here

www.blogphotovideo.com...
Thanks for the link. I see a laughing emoticon in the title, it's supposed to be funny ..it's a joke, right?

SETI isn't shut down as far as I can tell, the only thing I could find is that Seti@home has some new servers on order and that's temporarily offering only limited functionality until the replacement servers arrive:

setiathome.berkeley.edu...

The machine that was running the main BOINC database has become too unreliable to use. The backup server does not have the capacity to run the project on its own. The very good news is that we just ordered two new servers! One will be the new BOINC database server and the other will be the new back end science database server. Our capacity to both distribute and analyze our data will increase significantly with these new machines. While we prepare for these new servers and get them going once they arrive, the project will be down.

Seti@home is a project I used to run on my home PCs when my electricity was cheap, but it's not SETI aka the SETI Institute. Here's the SETI link: www.seti.org...

So after more research, I think it's safe to say that Seti@home ordering 2 new servers and stalling the project until they arrive, is not any earthshaking event, nor is it related to the topic of this thread in any way I can think of unless the unknown purpose of the mystery craft was to search for ET. But if there's a more credible story I missed, please enlighten me.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by Crakeur

hmmmm i find it strnge that obama closed down SETI, then the navy have took over 2 or three of thier observatorys....now the airforce are sending u UN-MANNED crafts for 7 months?...hmmmmm this is all a bit cloak and dagger huh? what they lookin at? why shut down seti? did they find something and why did the navy take over 2 of their observatorys??

You forgot to mention that manned shuttle missions are also coming to an end. With no 'official' replacement in sight!

Is NASA hunkering done due to something big coming, or are they hunkering down so they do not have to explain odd things?

In any event, it sure seems like something major is happening, and of course we the sheeple will be the last to know. But at least, maybe here on ATS, we'll be the first to know!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
i would suggest looking into the cargo capacity of the X-37B.
maybe they're using it to smuggle illegal aliens.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

hunkering down due to a shrinking budget methinks

new topics

top topics

join